Go Back   Club Cobra > Club GT40 Areas (MKI - MKII - MKIII - MKIV) > GT40 Talk
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ For Sale Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Default Spf Gt-40

Just got back from Dynamic here in Reno, and had the opportunity to drive the GT40 (close to being complete). What a ride! Issues; I have a hard time fitting in the car due to my big lug of a body, 6'2" 250#'s, trying to figure out how to modify the seat in order keep my head from hitting the top of the Gurney Bubble and my legs hitting the bottom of the steering wheel. Checking to see if we can modify the sheet metal that is the frame for the seat. I am definately looking into ordering/purchasing the GT-40. Probably will go with the Roush aluminum block 353 (stroked 289/302) with the fuel injection. I thought I remembered that the MK II had both the 427 and 289 versions that were raced anyone have any historical knowledge of the use of the 289?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker

I'm 6'3" 205 and Lance Strander (owner-SPF) convinced me that the seat could be moved back another 3" and down another 2". The way he had his demo configured was a tight fit for me as well. I didn't drive it, but one thing was for sure....forget about seeing who was behind you. Heck, even my SPF roadster is a tight fit, and I have the seat bolted directly to the floorboard.

-Dean
Old 12-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: csx70??,289 hipo

MK1=289/INDY MOTOR
MK2/4=427
MK1=289
........and that is pretty much the racing order thru the evolution of the GT40.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: None at this time sold the last one

When I drove the car I had to take the seat out and sit on a foam pad, it appears that we can come up with a configuration that might work, but the one thing I did notice is that I had plenty of room in the foot well. What we are trying to figure out is if the seat frame is a structural component of the unibody construction of the car. My opinion is that with a little McGivering of the seating arrangement the car can be adjusted to fit. My wife told me that it might be easier to reconfigure my body. CSX700 thanks for the information I will have to rethink the motor configuration...maybe.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO

well, at least you guys got to drive one! (smiles)

Buzz
Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Sold it!!

Lance took me for a ride in his GT40 about 3 weeks ago. That car is FAST!!!

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 12-12-2006, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Everyone,

Dynamic Motorsport will provide a demo ride you will never forget.Blasting around the Ohio countryside...100mph over a railroad crossing to demonstrate ride quality-which is very good...Up and down hill and dale.etc

You really will get a true picture of the car's capability.

I live in NY and Snakepit did not really want to allow a true test ride...Supposedly "saving" car which is prototype 01 for this years Barrett -Jackson.That's why I flew to Ohio.Dynamic couldn't have been more accomodating.They had thier demo (titanium) plus three other spfs a red mk1 and two other mk2s one red (red looks better in person) ,and an exact replica in the livery of the winning '66 lemans car.Beautiful!

I am planning a purchase pending the ability to get it registered in NY

Eric Johnson
Clinton corners, NY
Old 01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA #593,427 S.O.
Default Spf Gt40

Eric- You have a P.M.

Regards-Dandy Don
Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Vintage 60's Shelby Owner

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX 2252 sold 3-08, 1986 AC Cobra MK IV #185
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric johnson
Everyone,

Dynamic Motorsport will provide a demo ride you will never forget.Blasting around the Ohio countryside...100mph over a railroad crossing to demonstrate ride quality-which is very good...Up and down hill and dale.etc

You really will get a true picture of the car's capability.

I live in NY and Snakepit did not really want to allow a true test ride...Supposedly "saving" car which is prototype 01 for this years Barrett -Jackson.That's why I flew to Ohio.Dynamic couldn't have been more accomodating.They had thier demo (titanium) plus three other spfs a red mk1 and two other mk2s one red (red looks better in person) ,and an exact replica in the livery of the winning '66 lemans car.Beautiful!

I am planning a purchase pending the ability to get it registered in NY

Eric Johnson
Clinton corners, NY
I saw the Superformance GT40 at the Barrett Jackson Auction and it was nice looking. The gentleman who was promoting the car said it was a "real one". I asked him when it was built, he said over a two year period and finished in 2006. I asked him what makes it a "real one". He said it's a "carry over" Continuation GT40 with a P2000 series serial number, and it was licensed from Safir, the original GT40 creator. Is this similar to what Shelby is doing with his CSX 4000, Continuation CSX Cobras, and what the CSX dealers are claiming?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: HI-TECH 289 FIA

The problem with fitting into the car with the Gurney bubble, they are BACKWARDS!!!! Check some old pictures
Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: TBD

Hi Guys,

Rick's right I have the SPF Gt here in my garage and compared it to a side profile picture from and original car......SPF mounts the Gurney Bubble backwards. The high end of the bubble should be toward the rear of the car to allow for helmet room.

I have been wondering what to do about this issue since the car arrived here and I examined it in detail.

TR

Last edited by Tony Ripepi; 02-21-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Old 02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ripepi
Hi Guys,

Rick's right I have the SPF Gt here in my garage and compared it to a side profile picture from and original car......SPF mounts the Gurney Bubble backwards. The high end of the bubble should be toward the rear of the car to allow for helmet room.

I have been wondering what to do about this issue since the car arrived here and I examined it in detail.

TR
Send it back!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: