LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2006, 03:55 AM
CC Member
See My Journal Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Hi Fran,
Good to see you over here at CC. I never get a chance to go over to the GT40's forum anymore. It's good to know that there are more choices in the GT market. We just released the $19,495.00 base kit yesterday ($19,495.00 TTR/GT Mrk I, Mrk II, Mrk IIB) after you and I talked. I called Don and we worked it out. Now people will have a lot of choices. I'll give you a call later.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 12-20-2006 at 04:45 AM..
Old 12-20-2006, 04:16 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

The RCR body and aluminum monocoque kits start at 25k...

The RCR cars also have original bodies interchangeable with the original cars of the 60's....including the GT40Mk4,T70 and 917......

We couldn't borrow a P4 Ferrari so we modelled the body for that one..

Last edited by Fran Hall RCR; 12-20-2006 at 04:22 AM..
Old 12-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: A Cobra

Fran, I am 6' 4", do you wish to imply I could fit in this car?

Does your organization do a turn key?

What are the engine options?

You may PM me if you do not want to post.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Trularin,

yes you will fit into an RCR car....turn keys are available.

Our turn key minus models are 58-60k and the price of the drivetrain depends solely upon your choice of power output and transaxle.

The chassis will accept SBF/BBF/SBC/BBC

The ZF/Porsche and Getrag transaxles all fit into the RCR chassis.....I do have ZF Getrag and Porsche transaxles in stock also.

Please drop me line with a contact number or feel free to call me at the shop on 586-294-7002 or 586-557-6460..

Look forward to hearing from you....you should come by as we are in Fraser, Michigan

Last edited by Fran Hall RCR; 12-20-2006 at 05:51 AM..
Old 12-20-2006, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby Aluminum CSX4000

Legendary Motorsport, Inc is a Superformance Dealer located just south of Denver, Co and has a Continuation GT40 MKII, a CAV MKI and a CAV MKI Spyder. You are more than welcome to come visit and check out the differences or email me and I can get you pics/details of all three.
csxnut@aol.com
Old 12-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Were you/your organization at the London show this year? I thought I saw something from MI at the show.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

We had a red roller there.....

Last edited by Fran Hall RCR; 12-20-2006 at 09:15 AM..
Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Thumbs up

I was fortunate enough to have sat in both the SPF and Fran's RCR 40. I gotta say that the RCR seemed huge inside. I'm only 5'11" 240LBS but there was lots of room. The SPF MK II was nice but I could see that if I was over six foot with a long body trunk and short legs it would be tight. At the current price the SPF is one great buy for a car that is as close to original as you can get. I understand the price will increase after the first to 10,000.
When you see the RCR in the real it IS a work of art. I must say Fran is doing it right. I wish him all the success. As it stands Fran sits with an attractive product at an unbelievable price. One last thing, Fran's cars have superior body panels that will require little preperation for paint. I will be interested to see which customer of Fran's gets the first RCR running on the road.
I see there has been another anouncement of a new space frame GT. That is great news as the consumer wins. He now has a larger selection to campare and make decisions on what best suits him. Good luck to the company as well. From what I've read it sound like a good kit.

Hersh
Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Legendary Motorsport was not at the London show, although I believe another SPF dealer was. In January, we will be at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale showing off the cars. The SPF GT40 is an amazing car with the Pedigree to back it. I have GT40P 2169 in stock, which is a duplication of the 1966 LeMans Winning # 2 car.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: None at this time sold the last one

I am putting the deposit down today at Dynamic Motor Sports in Reno on the GT40 Mark II, eventhough I am 6'2'' and 245#'s with modifications to the seat wells I can fit in the car, we are going to alter that portion of the seat foam also. The biggest interference was between the steering wheel and my legs. The car I have coming is black with titanium stripes with the meatballs already on it,Gurney bubble etc.,(see the poster illustration from spf of the same car). I plan on putting the fuel injected 353 Roush motor in it (not polished this time) (289/302 stroker) and hopefully a 6 speed transaxle. With regard to the MKIII the car is just about done with the new suspension, exhaust system and 17" wheels, waiting for the front springs, the car will get lowered, and most importantly I just got in the glove compartment cover with Shelby's signature.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hersh, good to hear from you. I hope you have been well.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

What pedigree are you refering to?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe
What pedigree are you refering to?

If your willing to wait that long to get it they throw in a free bag of dog food.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

The GT40 is a Continuation Series of the Original. Over 90% of the new car will interchange w/ an Original. Safir GT40 Spares Ltd owns the rights to the GT40 name and design. The new GT40 is built under License/Contracted from Safir.. Ford couldn't even pull that off!! The Continuation GT40's are Factory-Built and distributed by Superformance. The are Registry Eligible and each carries a GT40P Chassis number: Just like the Original!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Also... When 1st released, the SPF GT40 took up to a year to get. The Factory has the car dialed in now and has bumped up production. Wait time is now Only a few months.

www.legendarymotorsport.com
Old 12-20-2006, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSXNUT
Over 90% of the new car will interchange w/ an Original.

I keep hearing this 90% stuff and after looking at and sitting in the SPF car I think arriving at that number requires a considerable amount of beer.

I think it is an outstanding car and it was very well executed but I can find 10% without getting out of the interior. Never mind some of the plastic pieces and A/C unit.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Thumbs up

I think the SPF GT is pretty darn accurate to the original. Sure it has been upgraded from the old one by using better brakes, rotors, and many other modern advances. It would be very impractical to build an exact reproduction of an original. Besides, which one would you choose to duplicate. They all were differnt in one way or another. These cars are truly derivatives of the original. I doubt that anyone who buys the SPF 40 would want to sit it on a pedestal for just viewing pleasure. I believe most of them want to be used and exorcised on the track occasionally. I think most would prefer that it has modern shocks, electronics and all those things which improve performance. The old GTs are still performers but they won't hold a candle to
to this new breed. A/C is good. Not good if you make it a race car and not remove it.

Hersh
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Hersh...hope all is well....and thanks for the compliments

I like many others on this board, I'm sure have been around original GT40's quite a lot and I really appreciate what a great job Jim Price has done with the new car.....it is however misleading to say 90% correct......hence the reason for the SPF FIA chassis being available at a later date and for an undisclosed figure...so far anyway.

The increase in price is a shame but is very understandable with any offshore import and currency fluctuations....thankfully being US made I only have to deal with a material price increase. ..

There is a place for everyones product in the market place......we have sold 37 GT40's this year and delivered 32...so far..kits to TK minus,and thats not including our other models of car....I am pleased with the positive feedback we have been getting but I work damn hard on the customer aftersales to ensure we get repeat sales and good word of mouth advertising....always the best kind....

My product was 2 years in the planning and testing prior to going to market and I hope it shows......I want RCR cars driven and driven hard..and to this ends we have made the kits as easy to assemble as possible,the modern engineering and manufacturing techniques certainly make this process a whole lot easier for us and the customers.....our chassis resembles an original in style but has significantly more interior space due to using a monocoque chassis and judicious use of space not optimised in the original GT40 chassis....

Sorry to rant but thats just my 2 cents for what its worth
Old 12-20-2006, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Mike,
I am glad that you are going to put out what looks like a great product and there is certainly a market for the kit as you describe it. Having a replica GT40 or T70 is like a college education. If a person really wants it, they should be able to get it if they are willing to work for it without having "big money" stand in the way as a deal killer .
I would avoid the use of the name Lola, as I have heard some grumblings recently. Just a friendly hint. I can't wait to see more cars out there like the ones you are planning. I wish you luck and am confident in your success.
I have a few "bodies laying around", mostly spoken for. I store the cars with the bodies off as the beauty of them is more than skin deep.
CSX nut,
It is neat that you have a duplicate of the '66 Lemans winner. I have some funny stories from going to the races a few times with that car which is owned by George Stauffer. Back during the 30th reunion for GT40's at Road America, there was an empty spot on the grid (pole position) because the guy dating Stauffer's daughter knocked the table over that had the headers, rockers, nuts and bolts and it scattered in the tall grass. It delayed putting the car together for the race by just enough that we missed it.
I have some in-car video I took from that car that weekend.
Here is a picture of the car now. Can you post a picture of yours for comparison ? That would be neat.
Best,
Johan

and the Superformance GT40 (sorry for the poor quality of this photo)
Attached Images

Last edited by Johan; 12-20-2006 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 06:54 PM
CC Member
See My Journal Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
Mike,
I am glad that you are going to put out what looks like a great product and there is certainly a market for the kit as you describe it. Having a replica GT40 or T70 is like a college education. If a person really wants it, they should be able to get it if they are willing to work for it without having "big money" stand in the way as a deal killer .
I would avoid the use of the name Lola, as I have heard some grumblings recently. Just a friendly hint. I can't wait to see more cars out there like the ones you are planning. I wish you luck and am confident in your success.
I have a few "bodies laying around", mostly spoken for. I store the cars with the bodies off as the beauty of them is more than skin deep.
Thanks Johan,
We will do our best. I think we need to take it slow, produce excellent quality and keep the price down so many more people can enjoy thier dreams. That's what all these cars are about. The GT is definitely a different market than Cobra replicas (Darn, can't use that name either ), but the passion is the same. Thanks for the heads up on the grumblings.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.