14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP

If additional clearance is needed you could use a 1/2" spacer. They are available from Tony Branda.

Jim
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Jim, they look just like your valve covers but are the general valve cover shape of a standard SBF.
Do you have a better picture of your throttle linkage ?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP

Johan:

That is the only picture of the motor that I have. As I indicated, the motor is to be transplanted to my GT. It will utlize a totally different (center pull) linkage.

Jim
Old 01-12-2007, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Good idea on the center pull. I made one for my Gurney Weslake and I just wanted to compare notes.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Tony

My email is
melchrismelia@aol.com

regards

Chris Melia.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: TBD

Hi Chris,

Do you have telephone number, I would like to speak to you directly.

What is the inside dimension of your Valve covers I need 2.5 inches from the top surface of the head to the inside top of the valve cover to clear my roller rockers. What are the inside dimensions.

TR
Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hey Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me yesterday, looking forward to getting the Valve covers. I also appreciate the pictures you took and forwarded to me, to show the inside dimensions. I am in awe of your store house of original GT componenets and your intimate knowledge of the details of these cars.

Tony R.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline

Man, you sure have some nice cars, is there a money tree in your back yard, or what?

By the way, I'm thinking about a GT40 - could you give me your take on the new GT40's that have been discontinued, but they are still around a new cars - looks like either too much money for most folks or there is something wrong with them.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

cdc:

You refer to the new Ford GT?

I have a friend that has one and he thoroughly enjoys it. (He also has an ERA427SC). My impression has been, though, that in that price range there is a lot of competition for relatively few buyers. If one has a choice of buying a Ferrari or buying a Ford my impression is that most folks would go for the Ferrari. Too, these cars were being sold through Ford dealerships. Where is the panache in purchasing an "exotic" car surrounded by hulking SUVs, and particularly when it's (perceived by some as merely) a...Ford with a glorified Mustang motor in it?

Jim
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Guys,

Thanks for kind words but, I'm a working guy that got lucky to have worked in the computer industry the last 30+ years.

I'm low level compared to the two guys in my neighborhood with ten + car garages and rides that range fron CSX 3xxx, Porche GT, Ford GT, CAV GT40, Original Shelby 500's --both guys, Original GT350, several flavors of Ferrari.
etc. etc.

Love the cars and realize that you only come this way once and appreciate life now while you can.

Tony R.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden
cdc:

You refer to the new Ford GT?

I have a friend that has one and he thoroughly enjoys it. (He also has an ERA427SC). My impression has been, though, that in that price range there is a lot of competition for relatively few buyers. If one has a choice of buying a Ferrari or buying a Ford my impression is that most folks would go for the Ferrari. Too, these cars were being sold through Ford dealerships. Where is the panache in purchasing an "exotic" car surrounded by hulking SUVs, and particularly when it's (perceived by some as merely) a...Ford with a glorified Mustang motor in it?

Jim
Yes, I was - thanks for the input! Your take makes a lot of sense to me.