Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Josh,

As others have said move on and consider a B&B or a Backdraft. Both are excellent cars and both are in the same price range. I am more familiar with Brian Anderson and Barry McGill at B&B and they build an excellent kit. Mine is 8 years old and does not have a stress crack ANYWHERE! B&B is a quality kit and I would replace mine with another in a minute. Their customer service is as good as Hurricane.

Backdraft is an excellent choice as well and Reggie Dodd or James Yale can get you into one pretty quick. But they only sell rollers.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBiz View Post
Thanks guys for all the thoughts. But I really like the completeness of the Hurricane kit and their customer service was like I was talking with my father simply amazing. But they just dropped the ball with talking with us. Why not remain at least friends with you customers? Keep talking with them that’s all. To just shut the doors with all customer service is not good for any company not Hurricane or even Dell. What is there excuse for not replying to anyone? And you are all right this business is a little crazy at times and many companies do just close the doors and I really don’t want to see that with this one. I feel somehow connected with the way they treated me from the first time I spoke with them.
I can move on to another company and I probably will I just want to get my story out there and maybe just maybe get an resolution to all this.

Jwd you may be right "This is their true calling Contact Us - Hurricane Software Cobras are a sideline. Doesn't mean they are a non-profit business though."

Thanks Guys,
Josh
Completely understand your situation and feelings. Some of us around here are in the same boat with Classic Roadsters II. They pretty much dropped off the face of the earth about a month ago. Some of us are in mid-build and still waiting owed parts/components.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Your story almost brought me to tears. Have you spoken to your priest, minister, rabbi yet?

Grow up and get over it , it's freeken car and there are plenty of other companies willing to sell you their brand.

WTF if you really want to build your own get a FFR
Old 02-01-2008, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wait until FFR releases the Dick Smith replica and you'll have everything you dreamed of.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X #99 View Post
Your story almost brought me to tears. Have you spoken to your priest, minister, rabbi yet?

Grow up and get over it , it's freeken car and there are plenty of other companies willing to sell you their brand.

How about a little compassion? If you compared a Hurricane and a FFR side by side, you'd understand why he wants a Hurricane so bad. I have, that's why I bought what I did.

Last edited by jwd; 02-02-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Wrong implication
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

JoshBiz,

Kinda spooky your committment and passion for these people, you give me enough money and I can talk to you like family. From what I have seen Hurricane has not wasted a penny of anyone's money. Those that committed cash,funds, received their cars / parts and those that vacillated received what they paid for which was nothing.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Missed that sensitivity class back in your school days?

Josh -- Seriously -- Your hung up on something about "their" customer service. Do some more research and you WILL find companies that have been doing this longer and with as much quality, or better, than Hurricane's. Move on to the next company before your dream car goes to far into the realm of girly man crush for the Hurricane guys.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Genesis 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Josh,

When I decided to "build" my Cobra, I spent over a year searching for the right product. I new what I wanted and how I wanted to build it, every detail. When you build a Cobra for you, it takes on your personality. I finished my Midstates build in '04 and I'm as happy with it now as then, maybe more. There are a lot of nice kits on the market. Most important, stay with your search for after the sale customer service. I'll sell my car some day. . .but right now. . . it's "my car". Good luck.

Chris
Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Pick up the phone... email is not foolproof. If your needs are not fulfilled then, move on.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-01-2008, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

RacerX,
If you don’t want to read my post do me a favor and don't. I am not complain I am telling my story.
You are the kind of guy that ruins every movie aren't you..
Move on to the next thread please...
For the people that are passionate about certain car this is the post for you.. If you don’t care what you drive or build talk with RacerX.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

Quote:

You know, this is the kind of post I'd expect on a different, much-less valuable and largely defunct Cobra-related site, "Cranky", but not here. I mean, we don't have to gather around and sing kumbaya, but maybe we could try to stay in the positive and actually provide good counsel and opinion. Gimme a break.

That being said, I agree with those who have said there are other quality companies out there that can provide as good a product or better.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
Wait until FFR releases the Dick Smith replica and you'll have everything you dreamed of.
I haven't heard about this. It could be way cool if they get rid of the perky butt!

Steve
Old 02-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
I know we here at the OCC are looking forward to 'seeing' the first one

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
I haven't heard about this. It could be way cool if they get rid of the perky butt!

Steve

Steve,

Go here
Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did you see this in that link (http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/...cy/text.html):

"The very first Legacy Series 427 will be donated to the Ohio Cobra Club in support of their efforts to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at the 2010 London Cobra Show."

Serial number 1 will be up for raffle, turnkey. Something a little different for 2009 as well.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

It is a tough business and with CSX glass cars dropping in price it will continue to get harder for rep companies. SAI will no doubt keep making cars and that equates to better pricing in the future.
I think its Hillbank that offers a CSX4000 S/C roller w/o stripes for $50K and SPF's at $43k. KMS are $40k (+lots of work) and production brisk and top notch.

There are plenty of other options which will provide a solid support network and quality. I agree Unique, FFR, and ERA are all great options which have stood the test of time.

Consider a used purchase as it may save a few $. Don't be fooled into thinking that a running car will be free and clear as they never are. Even if they are running great and look great you will catch the sickness. It will be new rubber, chrome, deatils like mirrors, 16" split wheel, new spinners, carb spacers, etc...... you get my point I am sure.

They are never done!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

Josh....I wasn't going to reply to the thread...just wanted to read and get a handle on what you had occur, and other's opinions regarding same! But, after reading the whole thread....just wanted to say that when I was looking for my car, I looked into a lot of options. I am not rich, but I can and did, afford to build the car I wanted....to the 9's. I looked at all the issues, and one that was looming largest to me was customer support. The other was varied options to get the build I wanted. I happened to chose FFR. My builder not only raced them, he built them professionally and knew the thing, inside and out! Now, I realize many here do not prefer FFR, and some do. There are things FFR has going for it that other's do not, and vice versa. But, if you want a car that is easy to build in a budget, this is one to consider. If you hate the 'perky butt' thing...just mod it. The frame and suspension is great. You can mod it anyway you like, and they have years of handling issues, and DO get back to you right away, should you have a problem. There are others out there that are good makers too. I just wanted to try and give you something from someone that perceived the problem BEfore it materialzed!
Good luck! I always do wonder why some companies, as well as people themselves, do things that make us crazy! But no one is on earth to live up to our expectations....no one! Thank God we have choices!! You definitely do.
fred z
Old 02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Edited.

Jim

Last edited by jwd; 02-02-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Wrong implication
Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just an update for everyone Rich did call me and we will all have to wait for an update from Hurricane.
I don't know what I will be doing with the purchase of a kit I guess I will get back to my research.
Keep me informed on any kits that you guys recommend.
Thank you all for your help as you guys always do...

Josh
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default yo dog

Josh, my cobra has been a dream for 30 years. Now my kids are grown and I'm a bit like you, ready to make the plunge. I have reasearched this for about 2 plus years. Being over 50, I wanted an independant rear suspension and I didn't want a piece meal car. I will go with Uinque for the reasons you are disappointed with Hurricane. I have spoken to 6 or 7 builders. Allan at Unique is always happy to spend time explaining and answering questions. They have been in the biz for over 30 years. I am planning a trip to visit them and place my order in the next month or so. Good luck
Closed Thread