Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default A sad day for me (I guess) or Hurricane?

I want to tell my story so people can see the disappointment I have for my favorite replica company. I have been researching Cobra replicas for over a year and was very excited to buy a Hurricane (just ask my wife). Every day I go to the Hurricane site reading any post that goes up on the site also to see how the builds are going and I also read Club Cobra as well to get any update that I possibly can to book mark so I can return when I purchase my kit.
I have been trying to buy a kit from Hurricane since the end of November after talking to Mike on the phone many times as well as Jason and they were amazing to talk to and full of information. Jason gets me my sales agreement (I think I’m kit # 1119) and I wanted to add a few more things to the kit (a little more money for them) So I shot Mike an email and he would not return my emails till the middle of January to tell me I cannot order my kit nor can he give me a date when I can.
But I could not wait to order my Hurricane so I have recently wrote personal email directly to Mike, Jason, Rich and Tamara who were all amazing help 1 month earlier and now I get no reply not even a hello. This company was so customer orientated and that’s why I wanted to build my dream and let me tell you they completely ruined it for me as well as many other potential buyers. I was so grateful there was a company out there that would help me get this build completed not only with great customer service but with an amazing product. Everyone here knows that they would do anything to help their customer and now they won’t even write back or take an order to put money in their pockets and help make our dreams come true. Why not take orders?
I think that we all deserve a more then we are restructuring and not going to offer a kit just a roller.
If the pervious buys were only offered a roller option how many hurricanes would be out there?
If I was to get an email from anyone of them to tell me that I could order my kit on February 1st I would be in line a week before like I was buying a Iphone but to not even give a date or even reply.
I personal want an original kit from Hurricane not a roller but after this experience I don’t think I want a Hurricane at all and I don’t want to wait till they decide to start to offer there kits again.
What are they doing?
I am sorry about my rant I have been holding this in for 2 months.
I just hope I can put my focus to another company maybe like unique that will take my emails..

I don’t want to start any fights !
I just want to tell my Hurricane story that I will be telling my kids about for years to come.
What do you guys think?
Is it me? Am I wrong?
I will keep everyone posted if I receive any emails from the folks at Hurricane..
Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #42 BDR w/ a 408 KCM stroker
Not Ranked     

I think the main thing is you did have a sales agreement and anticipated a kit from them and now you are being keeped in the dark, Just order a car from James Yale and that will solve your customer relation issues, btw he is a BDR Texas Dealer
2004 BDR #42 with a 408 Keith Craft Stroker, Crimson with Silver stripes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP, Keith Craft
Not Ranked     

Certainly, anybody is entitled to feel disappointed if personal hopes are not met. And I don't want to undervalue the time and effort that you may have put into making your decision to buy a Hurricane. But I'm having a hard time understanding the swipe at this company (which I know almost nothing about) if you didn't have a signed deal. They are entitled to change their business model whether or not that suits some segment of the market.

Many members of this forum have had excellent experiences with other makers of quality kits. With so many products competing in this market at various levels, you shouldn't be deterred from realizing your dream of building and owning a Cobra within your price and equipment requirements.

Shopping is a lot of the fun, so have at it!

Last edited by saltytri; 01-31-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Josh, Thanks for sharing. I tend to agree with Saltytri. I'm sure your message has atleast helped you get it off your chest. Feel lucky your money is still in your pocket and your not caught up in between kits and rollers and a third party. Move on to another kit my friend. Life is way to short and remember you WANT this you don't NEED this. Good luck!

John
Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Josh

You have every right to feel the way you do.
I have touted the advantages of the Hurricane since you first started looking for a Cobra. They are/were definitely the highest quality, most complete kit on the market. The fact that they answered all calls and e-mails within 24 hrs. really pushed me over the edge and I had to have one. I'm pretty much finished with mine and had planned on building 2 more for friends.
That said, I'm confused as to what is going on with them. The fact that they don't communicate is inexcusable. They have alot of damage control to do.
As far as only offering rollers, if that was what I wanted, I would have gone with a Superformance but I wanted to build a car, not just drop a motor into one. There is no way they can compete with cheap foreign labor.

Last edited by jwd; 02-02-2008 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: clearification
Old 01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '66 Shell Valley, Original "K" Code 289
Not Ranked     

JWD....I was under the impression that you had your green card.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff107 View Post
JWD....I was under the impression that you had your green card.

Hey Whitney

No green card. I am cheap labor for friends though How's your car running? Put any miles on it in this lovely weather we've been having lately?

Jim
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

I think what Hurricane is doing is respectable. How many other companies (now defunct) would have just taken your money and delivered nothing for months...if ever.
I would move on and be thankful that they didn't accept a deposit and kept it.
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

joey hv has made a very good point. This is a very cash sensitive business, sometimes easy to enter without realizing the venture is under-capitalized. Many have stuck their toes in the water to later find it is not what it's cracked up to be. It's not very romantic blowing fiberglass out of a chopper gun, or welding at 2:00 AM in the morning, attempting to meet a deadline. As in any business, if the return on investment is not what is needed or expected by the owners then they are certainly entitled to (as is any business) to rethink how they can present their product and turn an expected profit. They do it for a living, it is not a hobby to them therefore they cannot be asked to do it for less than what they expect or need to survive or flourish, they too have families that depend on them. Give them an opportunity to retink their position and then consider there wares, otherwise move on. Be grateful they had the good business practices to not accept deposits and vanish as has happened in the past with other companies or individuals. It's been reported on this site in the past.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 01-31-2008 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

You are way too emotional about this, the kit car industry is full of stories like this. Just order a Unique or ERA or FFR and be done with it. These companys have withstood the test of time and scrutiny and your dollars should be safest with them. BTW, check out the Unique for sale on Cobra Country, it is the best deal going.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
They do it for a living, it is not a hobby to them therefore they cannot be asked to do it for less than what they expect or need to survive or flourish, they too have families that depend on them.

Certainly, they are not a a non-profit business.

Last edited by jwd; 02-02-2008 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Opps
Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster,408cu
Not Ranked     

Josh I am in the build process with no contact from the manufacturer , consider yourself lucky that you dont have thousands of dollars and a bunch of parts in limbo . I hope all turns out ok but this is not what i expected ! move on and buy something else.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra International body Waltech frame
Not Ranked     

I don't know why some folks get so hooked on labels or who's kit like a weird religion. Next thing we know Cobra's will have gang insignia's......
Just move on and get into another fine builder they're out there. Kirkham would be a good start. Do not get so involved with the build as you might loose your focus to be driving one day. Unless you are the type of person that believes the chase is better then the catch. I could care less about climbing the mountain and want to get to the summit.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Arrow Childs play!..................

......................................Try a Shelby!

jdog
Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still searching
Not Ranked     

Josh,

I am almost in the same boat as you, but like others have said, Look on the bright side, at least you still have your money and other options. I am not losing sleep over this, although dissapointed.

I absolutely respect the Hurricane owners for not messing with peoples deposits, and I truly hope that those in mid build are able to finish their cars and be supported down the road.....

Save the Hurricane!!

Mark
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
......................................Try a Shelby!

jdog
Talk about taking people's money and sitting on it - for YEARS in many cases!

I remember your stories jdog. You're a much more patient man than I!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Wink More like................

................................Stubborn!

jdog
Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

Josh: Try B&B Mfg...they are super people and build some really nice kits..
*B&B Manufacturing - :::: - Feel the Thunder - :::: - Hotrods from Kit to Turn Key - ::::
bbmfg@jscomm.net
417-472-3547
Talk to Bryan Anderson
I have an LA Exotic which is now B&B...they did not build my car but have been invaluable to me upgrades and changes I have been making over the past year. I made a tour of thier operation last summer and was impressed.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

Like the others said--move on to FFR or someone else. There are plenty out there that are just as good.. you might even want to try a Backdraft if you have the funds,
Old 02-01-2008, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for all the thoughts. But I really like the completeness of the Hurricane kit and their customer service was like I was talking with my father simply amazing. But they just dropped the ball with talking with us. Why not remain at least friends with you customers? Keep talking with them that’s all. To just shut the doors with all customer service is not good for any company not Hurricane or even Dell. What is there excuse for not replying to anyone? And you are all right this business is a little crazy at times and many companies do just close the doors and I really don’t want to see that with this one. I feel somehow connected with the way they treated me from the first time I spoke with them.
I can move on to another company and I probably will I just want to get my story out there and maybe just maybe get an resolution to all this.

Jwd you may be right "This is their true calling Contact Us - Hurricane Software Cobras are a sideline. Doesn't mean they are a non-profit business though."

Thanks Guys,
Josh