Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > JBL-- JBL Larry G.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-15-2002, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default JBL Turnkey?

Does JBL provide a turnkey minus? I emailed them but no word yet.. cusotmer service?
Old 03-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default ..patience

Richard of JBL checks the forum regularly; I'm sure he'll respond on thread.

I betcha Cobralad (Andy) beats him to an answer here
Old 03-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     
Default Re: JBL Turnkey?

Quote:
Originally posted by Captdan
Does JBL provide a turnkey minus? I emailed them but no word yet.. cusotmer service?
Gosh Captdan,

I sure would like to know who you sent the email to. I typically answer all emails within 4 hours. Dave, typically quicker. Could you please give me your email address? That way we can check records and see if we got anything from you. My email is rhudgins@tfb.com

To answer your question, you might go to JBL stage 3 and a complete description is located there.

If you might have any further questions, you can ring Dave at the shop or call me direct for technical info. the number is 760-723-7482

Richard Hudgins
Old 03-15-2002, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard, Thanks for the info. (and fast response). For the record I used the hotlink email on the Cobra Country webpage. Perhaps something went wrong when it went out.. who knows. mMy email address is "cobracapt2@charter.net"

I may be a bit touch on the customer service issue. I'm seeking a quality car, and a company that works "with" you etc.... It seems you guys have both.

I'll be calling for a quote this coming week. I'm seeking a roller, ready for engine and trans much like a SPF would arrive.

Thanks for the info..........!!

Later: I just went to the JBL webpage hotlinked above. WOW! What a piece of automotive art work! It may be more car than I really need. (saturday night car, and a trip around the local SCCA track now and then)... but what a car! I'll be in touch for base prices for sure.... ( I tend to have that feeling where if you don't get one, you would always wish you had)

Last edited by Captdan; 03-16-2002 at 12:09 AM..
Old 03-16-2002, 06:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Richard H.

Captdan,

I just wanted to reassure you, that as someone who's been here in Cobraville for awhile, that Richard is a class act, with tremendous knowledge, that he has shared freely with dunces like me many times. He's one of the best, both as to his incredible expertise and the way he works with folks. I don't think you could do any better.

TT
Old 03-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom T.

Thanks for the kind and supportive words. (If you only knew the truth about what desperadoes the JBL boys really are : )

Captdan,

I checked at Cobracountry and Curt Scott has my email address listed on the pages and it seems the mailto: statement is correct. I have checked all of my incoming and deleted files and your email address does not show up. Go figure.

I will email you with my direct number. That way we can discuss the specification that you would require for a complete roller. Without any sales bull. (Dave will give me hell for that statement!!!)

PS: The JBL makes a pretty good Saturday night car, but it is even better on Sunday. (If you like road courses and twisty roads, that is.)

Richard Hudgins
Old 03-16-2002, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Captdan,
I wanted to confirm earlier comments about working with Dave and Richard.

I was looking mainly for a street Cobra that would be competent on the track. Even though the JBL appears to be a track car, it equally excells on the street. The spring rates are light enough to give the car smooth ride on the street and the geometry of the suspension helps reduces any body roll. One ride in the car alone will sell you.

Dave also worked with me adapting a T-56 into the car. To give you an example of the level of commitment, I shipped the transmission to Dave's shop where he bolted it up to a core block to ensure that the transimssion brackets were properly positioned. Dave machined up the adapter bracket and provided the transmission mount.

Just my 2 cents.

Ren
Old 03-16-2002, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys, Thanks for all the info. Seems like a really nice car for sure. Ren, that $0.02 statement is worth $1 or more! Nice to know there are people and companies around out there with that of level of commitment. Without throwing stones, some of the ones I have dealt with recently do not understand customer service............. in my eyes no matter how good a product you sell if it's not backed up it's worth far less.

Thanks again for the info. I am seeking another Cobra type, and JBL is certainly in the running!

Richard, I'll be in contact.......... Dan
Old 02-09-2003, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard
Got a short tour of your facility and was impressed with the chassis and the friendly reception. Could you please tell me when you will have a car to drive and I will call and make plans to go back to Fallbrook.
Bob Brady
Old 02-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Bob,

Sorry it took me this long to answer your post. I had not noticed any new threads until today. (I guess I should open the the forum instead of just looking for the "new" light.)

I do not know when there will be a "shop car" available. Dave is putting out chassis and bits as quick as he can and is not getting ahead of orders enough to build a shop car.

I think that Chuck Miller's car will be finished with repairs shortly (willow springs and Mustang) and he is right across the street from Dave. He loves to take people out in his car.

I will post here when there is a car available for test.

Richard Hudgins
Old 02-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yo Richard,

Are you folks doing a Coupe too now? Thought I read something to that effect awhile ago, but, memory fails, especially mine.

Best regards,

Tom T.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tom,

Yes, JBL is doing a coupe, but it will be quite a while before one is finished.

I am having to do quite a bit of chassis design work in order to fit the Modular motor as well as a bunch of detail chassis stuff due the nature of the Coupe.

When I know a real time frame for the product to be production ready, I will let everyone know.

Don't hold your breath.

Richard Hudgins
Old 02-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard,

Thanks, looking forward to learning more in due course.

TT
Old 02-15-2003, 12:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Ren,
How are you coming along? Are you about done? Euither you stop by and help me get mine finished, or I will stop by and help you finish yours.
At least we will one car between the two of us, we could take turns driving..

TURK
Old 02-26-2003, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk,
Sorry I haven't checked the computer for awhile. Just started the engine for the first time last week. Then this past weekend started on mounting the body. How's your new project coming.

Rob
Old 06-27-2003, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard
Visited your place about 5 months ago and was impressed. Would still like to know when a car in the flesh would be available?

Regards
Bob Brady
Old 06-28-2003, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Bob,

Chuck Millers car is local and repairs have been completed from the Willow altercation with the mustang. He would be most happy to let you see his car and would probably take you out in it.

Give Dave a ring at 760-728-2293. He can get with Chuck and see about a schedule for you folks to get together.

Richard Hudgins
Old 06-28-2003, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Once Owned CSX4803, CSX803 block, Keith Craft 468, Suspension by Tom Barnard, Built by Kris Kincaid
Not Ranked     
Default Re: REN

Ren,
Where did you end up installing the shifter on your T-56? Did you use the midshift point on the tranny? Any complications installing in on your JBL? Thanks Bluedog!