Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Keith Craft Racing

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2016, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM-2016. 427W, TKO600, 3.50
Not Ranked     
Default What happened to Keith Craft?

If I click on his ads it goes to Go Daddy.com. Also, if I google him and click on his kinks they all default to GoDaddy.com. Is this a website glitch or did he go out of business? I heard his engines are awesome and I'd like to see what he has.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:46 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvig View Post
If I click on his ads it goes to Go Daddy.com. Also, if I google him and click on his kinks they all default to GoDaddy.com. Is this a website glitch or did he go out of business? I heard his engines are awesome and I'd like to see what he has.
Try

KeithC@IOCC.com

Lance10kcr@yahoo.com

Or better yet, call (870) 246-7460

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-26-2016, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host
Old 03-26-2016, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Keith Craft passed ownership of his business on to Lance Smith. The name of the business is now Craft Performance Engines. Lance said that they are in the process of having a new website made to reflect the changes.

NYG, guys like you are one of the reasons that Keith retired from engine building. You know the type.....guys who sit behind their computer desks all day and know everything....
Old 03-26-2016, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post

NYG, guys like you are one of the reasons that Keith retired from engine building. You know the type.....guys who sit behind their computer desks all day and know everything....
really? spread more lies about Keith.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Call and ask yourself. I talked to Keith on a pretty regular basis.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII Roadster
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Keith Craft passed ownership of his business on to Lance Smith. The name of the business is now Craft Performance Engines. Lance said that they are in the process of having a new website made to reflect the changes.

+1 Why post negatives? My KC engine is great!

Last edited by JohnnyRay; 03-26-2016 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-26-2016, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:

It's awesome that one engine builder would support another engine builder like this...says a lot.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
really? spread more lies about Keith.
I don't even understand the comment - what lies? I travel by the shop on occasion and it seems to be doing just fine as is my engine and transmission they built. They are changing their website over after the transition and name change. What's the beef?
Old 03-26-2016, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If NYG didn't have something stupid to say, he wouldn't have anything to say at all.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
hilarious, million dollar manufacturing company and they can't invest a $100 to a website Host

This is gratuitous character assassination by someone who has never done business and probably never spoken with the target of his unfounded attack. People like you (NewYorkGuy) seem to be challenged to add any positive comment to the site.

I am surprised Jamo has not tossed you out a long time ago. I know if I were Jamo I certainly would have. Your good fortune is I am not Jamo.

You seem to work extraordinarily hard to demonstrate you have no redeeming value in your commentary or for that matter your presence on the site. If you worked half as hard to participate in a positive fashion, people would receive you decidedly differently.

Shucks you dislike the site and people on the site so much, why not try self banning. I think this is a hell of an idea. Best part, you don't have to wait for Jamo. You can do yourself — right now.

Go git yourself boy!

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

Craft Performance Engines

https://www.facebook.com/Craft-Perfo...-283509546583/
Old 03-26-2016, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
This is gratuitous character assassination ....

Ed
how do you jump to this?

I just pointed out whoever is handling the online duties for KC engines dropped the ball. their website was offline. Potential customers could not find them; the KC banner on ClubCobra is outdated as well.

what negative comment have I ever said about their engines?
Old 03-27-2016, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Still trying to figure out the "more lies about Keith" comment. Your impression of their business as a "million dollar manufacturing company" is probably not real accurate. I have no idea what their annual revenue is but this is not Edelbrock or Crane - they operate out of a well equipped shop in Hollywood AR that probably has a population of 35 not counting stray dogs. It's a working shop - not going find fresh paint, epoxy coated floors, air conditioning throughout, etc. It sits on the side of the highway and the last time I checked they don't even have a sign on their shop - obviously their business base is greatly by word of mouth, regional knowledge of Keith Craft as a racer and builder, some advertising and customer referral. In spite of that they do serve an extensive market place and ship completed engines all over the world.

But now their web site is back up so I guess all is right with your world again.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Still trying to figure out the "more lies about Keith" comment.

But now their web site is back up so I guess all is right with your world again.
That comment was for Blyins. He blames "people like me" for Keith quitting the engine business. maybe blyins was having a bad day wrenching and needed to vent.
Anyways, their website is back online. A few days off is no big deal, like having the work phone off. Probably missed opportunity for at least 1 customer.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
That comment was for Blyins. He blames "people like me" for Keith quitting the engine business. maybe blyins was having a bad day wrenching and needed to vent.
Nah, spent the day out with my wife and 3.5 year old, we went to see the Easter bunny at Bass Pro Shops. It was a good day.

However, knee jerk sarcastic reactions like the one you gave just really rub me the wrong way. I'm in competition with Craft, Barry, Blair, and all the guys who build engines for a living, but in the same manner, we all understand that the others are just trying to provide for their families....so to see someone mouth off without justification just puts a bad taste in our own mouths.

It's not my place to inform the public of what Keith is doing now, but I will tell you that most of us stay in contact with each other, so there are phone calls/texts/emails between us fairly often. Keith made it very clear to me on multiple occasions that he struggled with the "know it alls" on the internet, the "experts" who have never turned a wrench, and the ones that were quick to judge without knowing the facts. Running an internet based retail business is not for the faint of heart and it will wear on you quickly.

I think he made those same comments here publicly on multiple occasions....so I don't feel like I'm speaking out of turn.
ERA 626, eschaider and Al G like this.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nah, spent the day out with my wife and 3.5 year old, we went to see the Easter bunny at Bass Pro Shops. It was a good day.

However, knee jerk sarcastic reactions like the one you gave just really rub me the wrong way. I'm in competition with Craft, Barry, Blair, and all the guys who build engines for a living, but in the same manner, we all understand that the others are just trying to provide for their families....so to see someone mouth off without justification just puts a bad taste in our own mouths.

It's not my place to inform the public of what Keith is doing now, but I will tell you that most of us stay in contact with each other, so there are phone calls/texts/emails between us fairly often. Keith made it very clear to me on multiple occasions that he struggled with the "know it alls" on the internet, the "experts" who have never turned a wrench, and the ones that were quick to judge without knowing the facts. Running an internet based retail business is not for the faint of heart and it will wear on you quickly.

I think he made those same comments here publicly on multiple occasions....so I don't feel like I'm speaking out of turn.
Sir, go enjoy Easter. Obviously, u r venting. God bless
Old 03-27-2016, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

NYG, Brent is not venting. He is merely stating what he knows from his conversations with the very person that this topic relates to.

If you want to see venting, let me tell you that in the years I have been on this site, I have gotten to know countless people from all over the world. All with the same interest in Cobras, and almost without fail the sort of people that would do anything for you regardless of whether you've ever actually met them in person.

You on the other hand are just some jumped up little ****head who likes to push people's buttons for no apparent reason other than to bring the attention away from whatever is legitimately being discussed and bring it back to you. I don't get it, and if you **** me this much without me having met you in person, I'm glad we live on opposite sides of the planet.

That's a vent. Happy Easter.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

NYG appears to be an alter ego for a certain west coast CC member

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-27-2016, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
This is gratuitous character assassination by someone who has never done business and probably never spoken with the target of his unfounded attack. People like you (NewYorkGuy) seem to be challenged to add any positive comment to the site.

I am surprised Jamo has not tossed you out a long time ago. I know if I were Jamo I certainly would have. Your good fortune is I am not Jamo.

You seem to work extraordinarily hard to demonstrate you have no redeeming value in your commentary or for that matter your presence on the site. If you worked half as hard to participate in a positive fashion, people would receive you decidedly differently.

Shucks you dislike the site and people on the site so much, why not try self banning. I think this is a hell of an idea. Best part, you don't have to wait for Jamo. You can do yourself — right now.

Go git yourself boy!

Ed
They're called "TROLLS".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: