Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP-216S Kirkham Street '66 428 PI
Not Ranked     
Default Selliing KMP 216S

Hey Guys,

I'm selling my rare "street" Kirkham KMP 216S at Monterey. At no reserve!

Check it out at russoandsteele.com

Wish me luck.

Kurt
Old 08-04-2012, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

good luck
Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jayscobras wishes you luck with Russo..................
Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Jayscobras wishes you luck with Russo..................
Refresh my memory. Wasn't there some sort of lawsuit on that? Something was not on the up and up and he chased them for years, if I recall correctly. I don't remember exactly what it was he claimed they did, though.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Refresh my memory. Wasn't there some sort of lawsuit on that? Something was not on the up and up and he chased them for years, if I recall correctly. I don't remember exactly what it was he claimed they did, though.
Russo & Steele Fraud and Breach case
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, that's it. You know, I have never bought, nor sold, a car at auction. I've watched more than a few on TV, including that show where Wayne Carini finds the cars, then buys/sells them at auction - sometimes making a buck, sometimes not. I suppose it's like most things in life, if you don't know what you're doing, or don't have somebody along with you that does, then it's pretty easy to get in to trouble. Kurt, any reason you're getting rid of the car and choosing to sell it that way?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

How about a link to the car? I can't find it for the life of me.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
You is dum. Russo and Steele - Collector Automobile Auctions
Morris likes this.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Having seen it Rod I politely ask you to forget blackening your Trigos. It does nothing for this car-do you disagree?
It takes away visual detail and 'dumbs-down' the car, like ricers and kids do. Think owner trying to cash in on 'Canepa look' as a value adder.
Please hold out for Mg. BTW-did you get a reply yet??
Don't think owner's joining the discussion he started-with 26 posts per year, I think he just wanted to spread his advertising base a bit.
If he had asked before consigning I'd have recommended Curt on CC-think he'd have done better. This car is not a show stopper like auctions need to pull a big buck...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Autokraft MK IV 302 Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I could not find it either without the link, so I must be dumb also I sure wish I had known about this car.....I am looking for a Kirkham "Street" after selling my AC MK IV.....i just do not want sidepipes, and love the look of the "Street" car....

Best of Luck in the auction!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I knew I could count on you guys.

I'm auctioning the Cobra and my '66 Yenko Stinger at the same time. I'm a real estate investor and I attend a lot of RE and property auctions, and I feel, at the right venue, it's a good way to get top buck.

So far Russo and Steele have been great. My insurer (Hagerty) had no problem with them. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find any suction house without some PO'ed consigners.

Yes, blacked out the wheels (the "kids" call it "murdering") like Canapa's cars. Bruce consistently gets top dollar for his work, so, guilty as charged. The polished spinner against the black wheel really "pops". Not much of a fan of airforce grey.

The car is a stunner. As a "street" car it has a clean subtle stylish look with an undertone of brute force. Not the cookie cutter kit car, "boy racer" deal. Ask your wife how she likes those sidepipes, or your neighbor at 6am on Sunday.

Selling the car to put money in my black hole of a restoration on my '65 Ferrari 330 GT.
And now the guys on the Ferrari site are telling me the 330 is the "Ugly" one. I can't win anywhere!

Keep it coming guys, I can take it. Gonna miss you all.

Cheers,

Kurt

PS Griffbl, I'll get a fifteen year old to post some picks tomorrow. You can bid by phone.

PPS If you're a car guy and you've never been to Pebble Beach in August, you're not.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

My first detail when my roller arrives is flat black the wheels, it's the best look, plus no brake dust problems...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Autokraft MK IV 302 Ford
Not Ranked     
Default description and pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmart View Post
I knew I could count on you guys.

I'm auctioning the Cobra and my '66 Yenko Stinger at the same time. I'm a real estate investor and I attend a lot of RE and property auctions, and I feel, at the right venue, it's a good way to get top buck.

So far Russo and Steele have been great. My insurer (Hagerty) had no problem with them. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find any suction house without some PO'ed consigners.

Yes, blacked out the wheels (the "kids" call it "murdering") like Canapa's cars. Bruce consistently gets top dollar for his work, so, guilty as charged. The polished spinner against the black wheel really "pops". Not much of a fan of airforce grey.

The car is a stunner. As a "street" car it has a clean subtle stylish look with an undertone of brute force. Not the cookie cutter kit car, "boy racer" deal. Ask your wife how she likes those sidepipes, or your neighbor at 6am on Sunday.

Selling the car to put money in my black hole of a restoration on my '65 Ferrari 330 GT.
And now the guys on the Ferrari site are telling me the 330 is the "Ugly" one. I can't win anywhere!

Keep it coming guys, I can take it. Gonna miss you all.

Cheers,

Kurt

PS Griffbl, I'll get a fifteen year old to post some picks tomorrow. You can bid by phone.

PPS If you're a car guy and you've never been to Pebble Beach in August, you're not.
super as I look forward to more pics, and a better description than they have at the auction house at this point....i.e. wheel well foam? passenger side vent? etc. I have to call them anyway as to make enquiries as to the buyer's premium....it is NOT easy to find on their website. thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffbl View Post
super as I look forward to more pics, and a better description than they have at the auction house at this point....i.e. wheel well foam? passenger side vent? etc.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not able or have the smarts to do it, but I know these two items are options that can easily be added by the new owner, if the car doesn't come with them.

Chas, I would try to imitate the dark grey, not black, look of the mag wheel, similar to pic posted on an old thread of CSX4323 IIRC.

The street model begs for a set of Sunbursts.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Chas, I would try to imitate the dark grey, not black, look of the mag wheel, similar to pic posted on an old thread of CSX4323 IIRC.

The street model begs for a set of Sunbursts.
Agreed. Are the new SB's selling well or at all now??
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Agreed. Are the new SB's selling well or at all now??
Not a clue. But street builds are so few and far between and there aren't many willing to pay the big bucks for Sunburst wheels for a replica.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mornin Gents,

Thanks for the props on the wheels Ford.

RodKnock, once again you're a mind reader. I found a set of Sunbursts and spent a couple of months trying to get them to fit. Just would not fit over the calipers. It seemed to boil down to lathing the inside of the wheels and/or grinding the outside of the calipers. Neither of which I wanted to do, so I sold them.

Griffb: Car has wheel foam, billet suspension, vent for drivers sid(I never sit on the other side), Dyna mat under the carpet etc. Engine was built by Tom Lucas of FE Specialties in Sacramento, feel free to call him, he's a proud Papa. He's an advertiser here or just google FE Specialties. In prep for the auction I had a full detail done. I'm talking wheels off windshield off hood off rebrush and stripe repolish. New leather on the dash, new seats, all hardware replated or repolished. Anything else you want to know you can email me at kurtmart@earthlink.com.

Cheers,
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmart View Post
RodKnock, once again you're a mind reader. I found a set of Sunbursts and spent a couple of months trying to get them to fit. Just would not fit over the calipers. It seemed to boil down to lathing the inside of the wheels and/or grinding the outside of the calipers. Neither of which I wanted to do, so I sold them.
Kurt,

When I ordered my Kirkham, there were two brake options. One was called the "big brake" option. Is that what you have? I assume that Sunbursts will fit on a Kirkham, but a change in calipers would be necessary.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Kurt, while I wouldn't bag on you for the wheel treatment I do have to ask why you would sell a visual stunner like a Kirkham to sink the money into this:

Is it just me, or does that thing look like the illegitimate offspring of a Ferrari and a Citroen?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
Kurt, while I wouldn't bag on you for the wheel treatment I do have to ask why you would sell a visual stunner like a Kirkham to sink the money into this:

Is it just me, or does that thing look like the illegitimate offspring of a Ferrari and a Citroen?

Hahaha.... My thoughts also, but...
Each to his own I guess.
Morris likes this.