Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

The car is in the assembly stage now and should be ready for pick up sometime this week.

And here it is on the lift last Wednesday ready for the suspension to be installed.

boxhead and Hoity like this.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

KMS 769 has been loaded at the Reliable Carriers facility in Arizona and is set for delivery this coming Tuesday evening. That is a relief since I had been told on Thursday by Reliable that they had no idea of when they would have a full load headed East.

I am supposed to drive off in this car after my wedding on September 13th and I think I can make that happen, but it is going to be tight. I have a split window Corvette to finish and take to auction, a bachelor party in NOLA, several wedding showers, not to mention 4 other builds going on simultaneously. It's going to be an interesting 50 days till the wedding. I might not have time to fully sand and brush the body, but ill probably at least try to get one light round of sanding completed. I ordered the concept 1 pulley system in black anodized finish this morning, but that is the only thing I have ordered thus far...time to see if I can melt my credit card.

Anyway, the nice wife of the driver was kind enough to send me these pictures today. While i might not car for some of reliable carriers logistics practices, Their drivers are always incredibly nice and take great care of the cars!

*13* and NewYorkGuy like this.

Last edited by RestoCreations; 07-26-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Awesome, Chris! It's going to be a nice one

Bachelor party in NOLA hey?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

Chris, we'll be down in B'ham on the 15th and I'd love to swing by to see your FIA car. BTW, I'm almost finished with mine....I'll send you an email later.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, Arnaud! My brother lives in Baton Rouge and suggested it. Great food, live music, some weird drinks, and outstanding people watching sounds like a good time to me. I doubt we will get in too much trouble since we are all in our late thirties or early forties. Catch a flight and come join us!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350Mike View Post
Chris, we'll be down in B'ham on the 15th and I'd love to swing by to see your FIA car. BTW, I'm almost finished with mine....I'll send you an email later.
Sure thing, Mike! Let me check my schedule and I'll get back with you!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The car arrived late yesterday evening.
My bride to be is quite impressed with the Kirkham's craftsmanship!

JBCOBRA likes this.

Last edited by RestoCreations; 07-31-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I spent an hour blocking on part of the passenger fender. I'll be switching to a DA with 120 grit for the rest of the initial sanding.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hood is pretty rough around the scoop.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-02-2014, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looking great Chris, but what would be really impressive would be if your fiancé had blocked the fender!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350Mike View Post
Looking great Chris, but what would be really impressive would be if your fiancé had blocked the fender!
Yeah, that will probably never happen! She loves looking at cars, but as far as working on them, she is just not mechanically inclined nor does she have any interest in being so.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Messed around with the shifter yesterday while I was waiting on paint to dry on another car. I really can't do anything else on the car until the 363 stroker arrives.
I decided to go with an Edelbrock air gap intake and 750cfm quickfuel carb initially instead of fuel injection. I might switch to fuel injection later, but for now I am in too big of a hurry to fool around with programming a computer.

Here you can see the anatomy of the Tremec Shifter. Simply remove the two hex screws and the springs under them, then pull out the shifter mechanism that comes with the tremec. There is a pin in the shifter mechanism that must be removed and transferred to the kirkham billet shifter. I used a brass punch and hammer to remove it and had to get quite aggressive with the hammer in order to apply enough force to get the pin to move. I then wrapped the Kirkham billet shifter and carefully drove the pin into place. Next, grease the shifter, place the tabs on top, slide the forks back over the taps, insert the springs, and screw the allen head bolts back in place and it's finished. Took about ten minutes total.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-06-2014, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoCreations View Post
Yeah, that will probably never happen! She loves looking at cars, but as far as working on them, she is just not mechanically inclined nor does she have any interest in being so.
Don't expect anything to change and you'll have a long, joyful marriage. I'm lucky to get the boss involved with anything relating to working on the car 3 or 4 times a year. Even then, it's only for a few minutes.

BTW, my springs come in tomorrow so I hope to squeeze in a few test drives this weekend. Doubt it will be ready for Mötley Crüe, but you never know!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Who's the one that's gonna make you feel good???... Dr. Feel Good!!!!

We are in town next weekend, so if you can make it early enough on Friday, you can come for a viewing of the 289FIA Kirkham, the split window Corvette, and the other projects.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Parts started rolling in. It's like Christmas, but I'm Santa and I had to pay for everything.

[IMG][/IMG]

Air Gap intake, 750cfm double pumper, mechanical quick fuel carb. I had the Roush Air cleaner left over from another build, so i am going to use it for now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Kevlar clutch disc. Might be overkill, but it was the same cost as some of the organic units.

[IMG][/IMG]

CVR adjustbable starter

[IMG][/IMG]

Holley says a fuel pressure regulator isn't necessary when using the red top electric fuel pump, but I am installing one anyway.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coombe, Shelby Block 496
Not Ranked     

It is always fun when the parts start rolling in, looks like a very nice build you have going there!
Good luck with it.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Viking Blue "64" 289 FIA comp car by Superformance #0002, Keith Craft - 331 (460HP), Jim Inglese - 48IDA Weber carbs, BW T10 4spd.
Not Ranked     

Looking good - But I'd suggest using the mid-shift location for a 289

https://www.google.com/search?q=trem...2F%3B579%3B516

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoCreations View Post
Messed around with the shifter yesterday while I was waiting on paint to dry on another car. I really can't do anything else on the car until the 363 stroker arrives.
I decided to go with an Edelbrock air gap intake and 750cfm quickfuel carb initially instead of fuel injection. I might switch to fuel injection later, but for now I am in too big of a hurry to fool around with programming a computer.

Here you can see the anatomy of the Tremec Shifter. Simply remove the two hex screws and the springs under them, then pull out the shifter mechanism that comes with the tremec. There is a pin in the shifter mechanism that must be removed and transferred to the kirkham billet shifter. I used a brass punch and hammer to remove it and had to get quite aggressive with the hammer in order to apply enough force to get the pin to move. I then wrapped the Kirkham billet shifter and carefully drove the pin into place. Next, grease the shifter, place the tabs on top, slide the forks back over the taps, insert the springs, and screw the allen head bolts back in place and it's finished. Took about ten minutes total.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Small Block 363 Stroker showed up today.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Love the Darth Vader carb!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a special coating that keeps the carburetor cooler. I do not care for the polished finish, so to me, the black coating is worth the extra few bucks.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What did you decide to do with the exhaust?