Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MLI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 393 427SC
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks David Kirkham for KMP 393 upgrades and improvements

For anyone considering a Kirkham Cobra or having theirs upgraded don’t hesitate. Here is my experience dealing with a great business man and perfectionist. I bought 393 from John Simpson in Idaho in September and
drove it to Utah. After driving 600 miles on mountain roads and highways I took it to Provo for some
changes and additions. David Kirkham’s work and assistance was absolutely superb.
Not only did he do all my changes but while he had it all apart he improved many areas that
were not on my list and at no charge.
My List: Re Brush, glove box, 40 gal fuel tank, move clutch and brake pedals back, replace
fuel lines, raise ride height, new hood, trunk and door weather stripping, install heater and
defroster, remove Lucas switches and install Kirkham’s, new K & N filter, new carburetor,
Move batteries to trunk, powder coat rear bulkhead and wheel wells black, install bypassing
fuel regulator and lines, change oil lines, install billet bumpers, install rectangular rear view
mirror, fix horns, new Mickey Thompson tires, add thermostatic Auto switch for radiator
fan, power point in glove box, turned 2 front warped rotors, replace left front wheel bearing. Add 10in of muffler to side pipes which calmed its bark.
The titivation not charged for and I’m sure I have missed most upgrades. Re install wiring,
carpet added to inside of doors, fire bottle moved to trunk, seat tracks removed and seats
lower and further back. Many dents in body that I did not notice were removed and much of
these changes were done by David himself at night. He never seemed to stop working. He sent lots of photos as his work progressed and lots of texts.
Thanks David!!! It’s not only beautiful but goes like a raped ape. Jerry
Gaz64, Mongoose930 and 1795 like this.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Years ago when I had KMP357, I had a similar experience. Long story short, I showed up at a Cobra Bash in Reno with a big dent in the fender. Without me asking, the Kirkham crew saw me pull in, ran over and offered to fix the dent. Next thing I know, they were overnignting their tools. Early the next morning, the boys were out pounding and filing aluminum until everything was perfect again. Never asked for a penny. Just said to the effect "we take care of our own."

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

David and his team are the best.....
Old 04-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

I acquired KMP268 in early 2016 after it had been inactive for at least a decade. I called David and we discussed bringing it to Provo for a re-brush and some ding repair. Trailered it up there and left it for 3 months. What I got back was a new 2016 50th Anniversary car Rebrushed, added polished stripes, latest billet suspension, ss half shafts, new CV joints, new Kirkham differental, ss hubs, new locking spinners, new driver footbox, new pedal mechanisms, new firewall, new wire harness, new dash, new digital Kirkham/Speedhut instruments. Conversion from obsolete EFI to Holley 4150 w/ air gap manifold and turkey pan, new Teflon fuel lines, fuel sender for digital gas gauge, ss side pipes, new Tremec 5 spd w/ forward mount shifter. New wool carpet, removed superfluous passenger roll bar and welded up holes. The price for all this was far less than you would think, and true to form, a bunch of things were not even invoiced.

I will just say if you have a Kirkham that has seen some heavy use, has a lot of patina, and maybe needs a light restoration ... don't hold back Dealing with David and the Kirkham team will restore a lot more than just your car

Sam
Exes: ERA #745, CAVGT #180, Kirkham KMP0268, SPF GT40P2306, '05 Ford GT #1605, Exact 008, Kirkham KMP0928
Old 04-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

The best in the business, period.