Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default hi dave

just checking in with you to see how csx7041 is coming along and if you received the photos that i emailed you?hope to talk with you soon......
Old 04-25-2003, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

Everything is moving along well. The container has arrived safely in Poland...ahead of schedule. The leaving shipment is still on shedule; everything is fine and we will have a little more time to work on your car to make it nice.

Have a great day.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks for the info dave and i'm looking forward to getting the car back.by the way did you get the photos i sent to you?if so do you think your guys can duplicate the stripe and meatballs per the photos (i'm really impressed with the jenny car,very nice job and a great cause)?thanks again.........john
Old 06-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

.................and once again everything is now behind schedule, go figure i guess they kept me quite for the past 3 months........
Old 06-26-2003, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My math says they kept you quite for 2 months. Have phone calls gotten you anywhere? Good luck with your car. My experience was just the opposite of yours, Kirkham called and told me to get my car, and it took me 4-6 weeks to get it out of their shop.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

no phone calls, email, nothing seems to have worked yet. now i've been told the soonest it should be a kirkhams is july 26. really just a frustrating experience all the way around........
Old 06-29-2003, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

You are not alone. I have not heard much from KMP either. The agreed upon pick up date has come and gone. Not much in the way of status updates. Frustrating. Delays are understandable, but they should be communicated.

I'm no expert.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i think that readers of this thread need to be aware that there is a related thread in the "shelby american inc." manufacturer's forum of c.c. titled "anyone having trouble getting cars / parts from sai?", thank you..................john

Last edited by csx700?; 06-29-2003 at 11:25 PM..
Old 06-30-2003, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

Lew,

As you weren't able to take the first car we finished for you, we have finished another car for you. It is now ready for pick up. Please call for details. Have a great day. : )

John,

Your car is in route. As you are aware, we do not control shipping companies, customs, or the weather. Still hoping for the best and to get you your car as soon as possible.

David

Last edited by David Kirkham; 06-30-2003 at 03:09 PM..
Old 06-30-2003, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

John,

I think you should tell the readers your "problems" with e-mail, and phone calls were not Kirkham related. We have always spoken to you and told you all we know. I even called you back within 10 minutes of our earlier conversation this week to update you on the status of your car. Shelby has been appraised of the status of your car.

As you are aware, you are not our customer and we have communicated with you only at Shelby's specific request. I am sure other retailers would understand the protocol here. Shelby is, of course, a major customer of ours and we don't want to irritate anyone.

EVERY time Shelby has asked us to call you directly--we have. I have always taken your phone calls and tried to help you the best we possibly could. Problems you may have with another party should possibly be posted on their forum so as not to confuse readers.

We will let you know as soon as the car arrives. Have a great day and Happy Motoring!

David
Old 06-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dave
unfortunately my problem has to do with sai, newport shelby cobras and you. you gave me a length of time for the repairs that was not accurate, you did not notify me or urge sai to notify me of any delays or information. so yes you are involved in the problem. the only person that's been irritated here is me the customer. i will give you credit for answering the phone when i've called and returning my phone calls but that is all. i don't believe i should be the one that is making the phone calls to begin with, where's the customer service?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dave
i've been told by sai ( bob marsh) that this shipment has been given a "low priority" shipping status? i realize that your incurring the costs of this ordeal but do you think that i should be the one that suffers for this problem?

Last edited by csx700?; 06-30-2003 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-30-2003, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

csx700?, I've got to chime in here, you paid a premium to have a real Cobra. I think you should save your arrows for SAI. If you want to b!tch about Kirkham Motorsports, you should have purchased a Kirkham Cobra Replica. I'm not trying to kick you while you're down, but I had to throw my opinion into the fray. I hope you get your car soon and it exceeds your expectations.

Yours in alloy bodied FIA's, Southernfriedonhissoapbox
Old 06-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

southernfried
i appreciate your point of view, you obviously had a good experience when you won your car on ebay, this auction happened right around the time i was told there were no other 289 fia cars available from both shelby and kirkham. i on the other hand have had nothing but poor experience with ALL parties involved. it's obvious both kirkham and sai don't want to piss each other off, and i'm the one that gets to suffer for it. i'm the one that should be blamed for this whole mess?? yeah i built the car, final finished the car, quality controlled the car and then sold the car to myself.

Last edited by csx700?; 06-30-2003 at 10:32 PM..
Old 07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

John,

I don't know if you are aware, but SFCJ did not buy a 289 FIA...he bought a hybrid (289 body/427 chassis). When you called to see if there were any 289's available there were none available. If you are trying to intimate we sold that car on e-bay to avoid having to "give" it to Shelby so they "give" it to you--you are mistaken. Kirkham has always told you the truth.

You say you have had "nothing but a poor experience with ALL parties involved." I have no idea what we could have done any differently. We went way beyond anything most any other company in the world would have done to make you happy. Remember, we sold that car to Shelby (three years ago AS- IS)...Shelby sold it to their dealer...and the dealer sold it to you. Nevertheless, in a good faith effort to keep you happy, we have modified the car to your personal specifications--not original specifications--at NO cost to you.

Again, may I suggest you stick to the facts and keep your complaints about others in other forums.

David
Old 07-01-2003, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Virtual 2.4M
Send a message via AIM to TomH
Not Ranked     

David,

It is difficult to believe that you are being left so far out on a limb by SAI and their dealer. I am impressed that you appear to be the sole party working to make CSX7K happy.

Had I not witnessed DVSF-III first hand, I would be amazed, as it is, I chalk it up as typical (David) Kirkham. Excellence, yawn.

Like the old saying goes: Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

david kirkham and family
i would like to thank you for everything you are doing to try and make my purchase and the repairs of this vehicle happen as quick as posible (even though the car was not purchased from you, CSX7041). i've said some things on this post that were mostly due to frustration and should not have been aimed at you and your company. after seeing your cars first hand and in various steps of completion i am in awe of your craftsmenship and quality. again i am sorry...................john
Old 08-18-2003, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

John,

There is no problem and you don't need to apologize. I understand how frustrating cars can be at times. I hope things go well for you in the future and if there is ANYTHING we can do to help you, just let me know. We have lots of spare parts around here and we would love to see you get your "Chariot of Fire" on the road.

David
Old 10-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi dave
i heard you are doing some filming there? any chance of getting a hint of what it's about? also i was wanting to know if you have located the control arms that we spoke of and if so what the total cost involved is going to be? you can email me about this. thank you to you and your family for the both the product you stand behind and the help you have been to me and my car........john
Old 10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 599 Polished Bronze
Not Ranked     

Dave,

I enjoy reading your posts, you always answer in a professional and pleasant manner. I hope to one day own one of your cars.
Met you at Road America and enjoyed visiting with you and your brother. You had your "first" car there that summer.