10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351 Windsor bored to 418
Not Ranked     
Default Norm Baker is now a Superformance dealer!

I just met the owner of Superformance this past weekend at the Crusin' For A Cure car show in Orange County and he let me know that Norm Baker is now an authorized Superformance dealer. For service, however, he says to go to Finish Line Performance out at the speedway, which an authorized Superformance repair shop. This means that we finally have a place to go take our Cobra to get fixed and back on the road!

On a side note, the owner is a super nice guy and the Superformance GT40 is incredible in person. We had to order one in the Gulf colors! Should be here in about 6 months .
Delivered 2001
Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Norm Baker is now an authorized Superformance dealer. For service, however, he says to go to Finish Line Performance out at the speedway, which an authorized Superformance repair shop.
So, who is going to do the car "setup" for Norm? If he can't service them, how can he set them up properly? Why would you buy a car from a dealer that cannot service your car in the first place?
Don't get me wrong here 350, I obviously have no beef with you. I am just trying to understand WHY SPF is watering down the dealer network as much as it has been lately when finding a "good dealer" is getting harder to do every day..?
BTW, congrats on your GT40... Gulf colors is how I would get it too :-)
Pat
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

^^^Thanks. My guess is that Superformance is very picky with the people they authorize as mechanics for their cars. I am sure that Norm Baker will eventually get certification, but for now its just Finish Line Performance. I don't know how long ago Norm Baker became a Superformance dealer, but maybe his mechanics are going through some sort of training on the cars. A 427 Cobra is much different than the little Lotus's and things that they carry now. Besides, I am sure that they can do the little things like oil changes and whatnot, but for stuff like what we need (U-Joints) the owner referred us to Finish Line.
Delivered 2001
Old 09-26-2006, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

Congrats on your GT 40 purchase. Maybe we'll see you at some of the breakfasts and runs.

Regarding Norm Baker..... I don't see any advertizing from the street and I drive by that part of the street every day.

For service, I'd recomment Tom Bernard out at the Raceway. He maintains mine and I am very happy with him.

Scott
Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It must be a pretty new thing for Norm Baker then. He has their logo up on his website...

http://normbaker.ebizautos.com/dealership-info-1.aspx

Who is Tom Bernard? What shop is he affiliated with?
Delivered 2001
Old 09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

Tom's Motorsports. I don't remember the building #, but he is next to the leasing office. Phone # 702-651-0708.

Where is your red and white SPF cobra?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hatcher
Tom's Motorsports. I don't remember the building #, but he is next to the leasing office. Phone # 702-651-0708.

Where is your red and white SPF cobra?
Thanks!

The cobra is sitting at my dad's house right now. It has had this problem for over a year now and both of us have been so busy that we haven't really had time to research a reputable shop here and we certainly didn't have time to diagnose and fix it ourselves. It sadly hasn't been driven more than a couple miles at a time in over a year. Thankfully we have Finish Line, and now Tom's to bring it to and get it back on the road!
Delivered 2001
Old 09-26-2006, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking toms motor sports

TOMS is in bldg. G, between kroyers engines and richard pettys. TOMS uses turn plates and a lazer for setups .finishline uses the floor and strings ,TOMS has two lathes and a bridgeport mill. finishline has a drill press . remember dwayne greagory and the hassle to the poor dying man to get his car. "finishline performance "is really the same FINISHLINE MOTORSPORTS ,in case you should know this ,its like a black hole. goes in and stays .no one really works on cars .one sits around reading parts books and dreaming racin .another screens all calls for the shop .and roy oh poor roy . TOMS has the mechanics and knowledge .TOMS does engine and drivetrain installs and sets up all shelby automobiles,nevada classics,and arizona cobras .TOMS has all super satisified customers.TOMS services and maintains five challenge cars.racing on the west coast road courses. TOMS has never had advertised in the 5 years it been open.all jobs are done guick ,efficiently,and the customer is shown and told everything up front before anything is done.
that being said you check it out yourself and decide yourself
thanks
one old disgruntled employee
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

S0 - were you reading magazines, dreamin or is your name poor Roy?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well then, Toms it is. Finishline sounds like every other shop I have been to in Vegas. Thanks for the heads up!
Delivered 2001
Old 11-06-2006, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

No question, Tom's is the place to go. Extremely knowledgeable and as honest as they come.

It has been alleged many, many times that FinishLine will take parts off one car and put them onto another when a customer comes to visit. They got caught in a big way with the cancer victim. Apparently the Company has been operating on little to no cash flow for some time. Last check, there were multiple lawsuits against them. This is public knowledge. Be careful.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351 Windsor bored to 418. 510hp
Send a message via AIM to SinCityCobra
Not Ranked     

Well we were kind of pressured into taking it to Finish Line. We met the owner of Superformance at a car show a while back and ended up ordering a GT40 from them. Anyways, the owner offered to fix whatever is wrong with the Cobra for free for us, but insisted that we take it to Finish Line because they are an authorized shop. So I dropped the Cobra off there last week and so far the communication has been excelent. I saw both the owner of Superformance and some of the guys from Finish Line again at SEMA and they seemed to have a good relationship with eachother so hopefully my experience with them will be a positive one. We will see, so far so good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: