Not Ranked     

Freddie , sounds like you're gettin Ready to Rumble

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Not Ranked     

Now that the Official and new www.londoncobrashow.com website is up and running, don't forget to register for the Mid Ohio Cobra Driving School, with the positive reviews on last years school, we expect this to be sold out early, don't miss out

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just spoke with Mid Ohio, about 1/3 of the school is already booked up, so don't wait too much longer, or you will be sittin on the sidelines playin with your camera, and wishin you were out there with us.
See all details in first post,

If you are even thinking about it but wonder what it's like, go to the www.ohiocobraclub.com website and order the Mid Ohio Cobra Driving School DVD. We just got more in.

Two items worth noting, you do NOT need to be a member of the Ohio Cobra Club to register, but you do need to be a member of the Cobra Community, IE own a Cobra
And secondly if you wish to bring a car other than your Cobra to the school that is ok, as there are several Cobra owners who have other dedicated track cars. Last year there was a MINI , a couple of Lotus' and of all things even a bowtie corvette.

So come out and play with us, and don't underestimate the minblock cars, after all the MINI was the only car to actually pass one of the instructors..............

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 GT350, 1967 GT500
Not Ranked     

Guys,
A few questions if I may....
I drive a '65 GT350 prepped for vintage racing. Would I be welcome?
What type of instruction do we receive?
Also, my brothers and I have a SCCA A/Sedan 1980 Mustang (yes it is ugly!), would that be welcome?
I guess we are part of the Cobra Community, as we own Shelby Mustangs!
I could always use a little more instruction and any track time I can get at Mid-Ohio, I'll take!
Thanks,
Mike C.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-30-2010 at 06:49 AM..
Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay, that's fine. I'll keep my eye on the thread.
I don't really understand the thread though, Godzilla said it is NOT an Ohio Cobra Club event and other cars are welcome. His post says it is an MVP Track Time event. You had other cars last year.....?
Are there any "real" Cobras from the 1960's that attend?
Which is it?
Thanks,
MC
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, and all, Let's try to make this clear
For liability purposes we Must state that this is not an OCC event, However WE , the OCC have arranged this school with Mid Ohio as a prelude event to our annual event which is the London Cobra Show which is exclusively for Cobras GT 40 and Daytona Coupes. It does not include other cars nor Mustangs regardless of their heritage.
It is our intent as a prelude to the LCS to offer the driving school firstly to Cobra, GT40 and Daytona Coupes. There are a few who own these cars and who are registered for the LCS starting Thursday who have dedicated track cars and who do not wish to take their Cobras Daytona Coupes or GT40 on the track, therefore we have opened the school up to them, but rest assured they will be in the minority.

If you had a Cobra ,GT40 or Daytona coupe and were registered for the LCS and wanted to bring your Mustang then it would be fine.
But, we want this to be primarily a Cobra GT40 and Daytona Coupe event, and we hope that you understand.

In the event that we are unable to fill the event with these cars , then we will decide if it will be opened up to others.

And, please, lets not get into a Pi$$ing match over real VS unreal, we all have to answer that question too many times in a day anyway, and we all know what we have.

BTW it sounds like you have a very nice GT350

Thanks for understanding

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

ooooops!!!!

Last edited by bnewell; 03-11-2007 at 09:53 AM..
Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I didn't intend to offend...I could have worded my question a little better.....
Like a friend of mine says about fake boobs..."if you can see them, they are real..."
I hope your gathering goes well....
MC
Old 03-20-2007, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-30-2010 at 06:49 AM..
Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 3212
Not Ranked     

MC,
Hang in there just in case. It's always refreshing to know you are not wanted unless they can't sell out. The Porshe clubs pull this crap all the time. Your good enough to run with them if the event might be cancelled but not good enough to sign up early.
I hate running with single Marque clubs.
or
Why don't you tell them you have a real Cobra but you prefer not to chance any scratches so you will run your Mustang. I think they let others do that.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon
MC,
Hang in there just in case. It's always refreshing to know you are not wanted unless they can't sell out. The Porshe clubs pull this crap all the time. Your good enough to run with them if the event might be cancelled but not good enough to sign up early.
I hate running with single Marque clubs.
or
Why don't you tell them you have a real Cobra but you prefer not to chance any scratches so you will run your Mustang. I think they let others do that.
I take it that you are not signing up

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
This event has been developed in the spirit of Cobras, Coupes and GT-40s.

It is our goal to keep it a pure as we can with these cars to enhance the quality of the experience for the participants and to keep it notably seperated from other "track-events".

Sorry ,again, if our intent offends some, but this is also the spirit of the LCS and both are Marque events, and we do not wish them diluted, and so we can be clear about that.

Emanon Thanks very much for your very constructive comments

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

There are many reasons to not open this up to drivers of other cars. I know that limited exceptions have been made in the past for members of this family to run another vehicle if they had a compelling reason not to run their Cobra, GT 40 or Daytona, but those discussions are subject to the discretion of those that put on this fine event, and people should accept that. These guys work hard to put on a great event, and we have gone almost two years without mudslinging and other BS that almost buried this event. I highly doubt that the LCS would need to fall back on other cars to put on the event, and if they came up short vehicles, I think everyone would question whether it was wise to run with Porsches and race prepped cars outside of the family.

I was signed up for this event last year and had to drop out at the last minute due to some family issues. I wish I could commit to running it this year, but I cannot.

Thank you to the OCC for all that you do, and keep in mind that your family supports the decisions that you make!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-30-2010 at 06:47 AM..
Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WE aslo have reordered the Mid Ohio Driving School DVD it shows in great detail last years school
It is now available @ www.ohiocobraclub.com

for only $10 PLUS SHIPPING

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

BDR #244 is signed up! They said they had 29 cars signed up. QUESTION:
What gear do I need to bring? I have a Motorcycle helmet do I need a better one? Any other items. This is my first time driving the cobra on a track. I want to be safe. Got a list somewhere of what I will need to bring?

Sid
Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Sid...Hey!..welcome aboard! You should be getting an email from Mid-Ohio with all their forms, releases, and a safety inspection form in a couple of days. These cover all the mandatory safety items for both you and your car. Some include...dual throttle return springs, no leaks...coolant, oil, etc, catch can for radiator overflow, recent brake fluid change (within two years), 5 or 6 point harness, roll bar, wheel bearing check, safety wired knockoffs (if equipped), no loose items in trunk, cockpit, or glove box, Snell 200 helmet, or better, adequate brake pads, and several others I can't think of just now.

A word of advice....a Motorcycle helmet is not - repeat not - sufficient for Mid-Ohio's requirements. Your helmet must be SNELL 2000 rated, at least. Most motorcycle helmets do not meet this requirement, but are DOT rated. The Snell Safety standard is pretty uniform for most sanctioning bodies, and fairly standard at most tracks and with event organizers. Here's a link to the Snell Foundation if you'd like more information http://www.smf.org/

Also, take a good look at your wheels. Mid-Ohio requires safety wired knock offs. Their safety inspection form is a self inspection, but you're subject to spot inspections once you're on Mid-Ohio's property.

Hope this helps... Lookin' forward to meeting you...!
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.

Last edited by Flyin_Freddie; 05-07-2007 at 07:20 AM..
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Sid as Freddie pointed out it is pretty basic, common sense stuff. Very similar in requirements to autocross in SCCA. I don't know if you can even find a Snell 2000 helmet any more. If you can and are going to buy one, get a Snell 2005. GForce has good prices on these helmets. While you are at it... might as well get a helmet that works with some sort of Hans type device. The prices on these have come way, way down and if you decide you really like the track, you willl want to invest in one. Just be sure to try them on first! A fire suit is not required... after all, this is a school! Do however wear long sleeve shirt and pants and be sure they have no synthetic content. All cotton works well. Synthetics in a fire have a nasty habit of melting to the skin. Of course if you have a suit or feal like springing for one, never a bad idea. Driving shoes are a really nice purchase. Change your brake fluid just before you come. The guy in front of you will thank you! Wilwood 570 is a nice performance fluid, widely available and won't break the bank. Give you car a good once over and make sure nothing is loose. I don't recall 5 or 6 point being a requirement but a 6 point is a VERY good idea, cheap to add on to what you have and a snap to put in. Don't forget to give your belts a serious looking at. While not enforced for the school, racing belts have to be re-certified (read: re-webbed) every two years. I get mine done by the manufacturer for about $100 a set.

Have fun!!! I know you will

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-07-2007, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The OCC will have a team of Tech inspectors at the Quality INN on Monday Evening starting about 6:30 to inspect your cars, please review the inspection sheet and make sure that your car is in compliance before you arrive! If you track your car you will most likely want to have fresh brake fluid within 6 months of the event\

As Freddie said......................you should get an email with all documents required
Feel free to email me should you have any questions
Thanks
Godzila

Click to Win a Cobra!!