Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default LCS feedback wanted

I emailed all those that registered whose email addresses I had. Some of you have spam blockers on and I don't register for those so you won't get an email from me!

To me, we took a bit of 'if it is not broken, don't fix it' approach this year. While we made literaly dozens of changes, some may not be apparent. The three main new things this year was the Friday night party and alternate activities on Sunday.

While it is all fresh in your minds, lets hear about what you liked, didn't like, would like to see changed, fresh ideas... what ever feedback you may have. Help give us some idea how we can make LCS 2008 more fun for everyone.

Some things seemed to work really well and others.... umm, well... not so well!

So lets hear what you have to say and keep it coming!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys did an outstanding job. If you changed nothing, it would be great once again.

As for ideas:

We need to take a group photo. Similar to what we do at NSXPO's each year: http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2000/...2/P1010009.jpg

To do a group photo, all you need is permission from the church to allow 3 hours of parking on the baseball outfield. After the Cobra's leave downtown London, have them park the cars at the baseball field from 3 PM to 8 PM. The sun if perfect at 7:15 PM. I have it all figured out and we can fit at least 300 cars without a problem.

I will volunteer to head this up next year and have two guys who will help. I even have a professional photographer who said he would do the photo for free. The photos could be made into posters and sold to raise money.

If you want to really make it special, see if Kit Car would include a 22" x 8.5" poster in an issue of Kit Car. We did that with the NSX club's magazine and everyone loved it.

- Bill
Old 06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here are more examples from NSXPO's: http://www.robertondrovic.com/page6.html

You can take one photo with just the cars and one with the owners next to the cars.

Then if the sun cooperates, you can have each regional club take a photo together.

- Bill
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

How about for next year's raffle car, a Kirkham FIA with LeMans hardtop?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-29-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great picture Bill. Have to see if that is a possibility... might be cool.

I too was confused on the raffle car... did you mean the 2009 car? Either way, nice choice!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

This was my first time, but will be there again next year for sure.

I had a great time and wish I could have gotten there earlier on Thursday or on Monday for the Mid Ohio activities.Friday Night Party was cool; the only problem I had with it is that it was my first time there and I was trying to talk to a few people but could only do it during breaks in the music like when the drawings were happening. The music was too loud to talk over. Maybe have some quieter music earlier on for people to talk and the live band later on. I liked the live band idea, just hard to get to meet people for the first time.

I love the idea of a group photo. If you could get a sign company or someone with a bucket truck to donate a little time so the photographer could get a little height that would be one sweet picture. I would buy one.

The rides on main street seemed to work very well, don't have any comparison but seemed fair to me. Hopefully I won't overheat next year .

As some one said somewhere else maybe you could assign other groups that come in an event, or part of an event, with the Ohio guys overseeing th entire weekend. That way more of you could participate, and or get some sleep over the weekend. There seemed to be some large groups from different areas that I am sure would be happy to take on different things. One group could be in charge of the rides for instance, one in charge of Friday party ect. I know some of the Michigan guys did the thurs cook out and another group helped out with the rides. Maybe make that a little more official. I know some things would be hard to do for out of state people but there seems to be enough that we could do.

Don't know if it has been done before but maybe some awards Saturday night and fewer speakers. Not serious awards but fun ones ( groups with the most members in attendance, most rides given on main street, ect. no judging just made up stuff). I did enjoy the speakers just seemed to go a little long to just listen.

Also next year if you could make sure my raffle tickets are near the top when the drawing happens, that Superformance is gorgeous. Got three tickets sat night and will buy more as the year goes buy.

By the way I guessed that was the surprise, I told my wife I bet they have another car right before you rolled it out.

Jim
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

I was not at the show, so I did not realize you had already announced the 2008 raffle car.

I have purchased raffle tickets the last 2 years though. Although I want a Cobra it is not in my budget at this point. Maybe I'll make it to a future show, getting a ride down main street looks like fun.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra
I was not at the show, so I did not realize you had already announced the 2008 raffle car.

I have purchased raffle tickets the last 2 years though. Although I want a Cobra it is not in my budget at this point. Maybe I'll make it to a future show, getting a ride down main street looks like fun.
That would explain it! A 'perk' for being at the show and registered is that at the Saturday night dinner after the 2007 car drawing we showed off the 2008 car. Watch for details some time soon on our website.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good stuff Jim...thanks!

I am gathering up the ideas here and being emailed to me for group discussion... as always, these are my thoughts!

We had the exact same thought Friday night during the party. Maybe some acoustic and then pick it up as the evening progresses. WCCC was a big help and we hope that other groups will step up as well to help work and organize. We have put that idea out in public before. I like the fun awards... like a hard luck, or long distance... could be fun. Of course, folks would have to step up and nominate since I don't see how we could know who did what with everything that is going on. While I enjoyed all the speakers, I thought the segment could have been shorter. As for your raffle ticket being picked, we will probably prinnt a limited number next year so just buy them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusjim
This was my first time, but will be there again next year for sure.

I had a great time and wish I could have gotten there earlier on Thursday or on Monday for the Mid Ohio activities.Friday Night Party was cool; the only problem I had with it is that it was my first time there and I was trying to talk to a few people but could only do it during breaks in the music like when the drawings were happening. The music was too loud to talk over. Maybe have some quieter music earlier on for people to talk and the live band later on. I liked the live band idea, just hard to get to meet people for the first time.

I love the idea of a group photo. If you could get a sign company or someone with a bucket truck to donate a little time so the photographer could get a little height that would be one sweet picture. I would buy one.

The rides on main street seemed to work very well, don't have any comparison but seemed fair to me. Hopefully I won't overheat next year .

As some one said somewhere else maybe you could assign other groups that come in an event, or part of an event, with the Ohio guys overseeing th entire weekend. That way more of you could participate, and or get some sleep over the weekend. There seemed to be some large groups from different areas that I am sure would be happy to take on different things. One group could be in charge of the rides for instance, one in charge of Friday party ect. I know some of the Michigan guys did the thurs cook out and another group helped out with the rides. Maybe make that a little more official. I know some things would be hard to do for out of state people but there seems to be enough that we could do.

Don't know if it has been done before but maybe some awards Saturday night and fewer speakers. Not serious awards but fun ones ( groups with the most members in attendance, most rides given on main street, ect. no judging just made up stuff). I did enjoy the speakers just seemed to go a little long to just listen.

Also next year if you could make sure my raffle tickets are near the top when the drawing happens, that Superformance is gorgeous. Got three tickets sat night and will buy more as the year goes buy.

By the way I guessed that was the surprise, I told my wife I bet they have another car right before you rolled it out.

Jim

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-27-2007, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Rick

we could do a fun plaque for the car from furtherest away--buns of steel award. Ugliest car award---loudest color---prettiest paint job---aw lot of little fun stuff to do.Best replica build.Weelll-have to not get too serious though. Will-alabama
Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We got to keep them fun if we are going to do awards! No competition here

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Undecided, 289
Not Ranked     

I've been to every Spring Fling, and have had fun every year. But, I do have to agree with geniusjim, it was hard to talk to people I have never meet before, over the music.

Last edited by Jay Little; 06-30-2007 at 05:50 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Little
I've been to every Spring Fling, and have had fun every year. But, I do have to agree with geniusjim, it was had to talk to people I have never meet before over the music.
As you know, Friday nights party was a new one for us so perhaps a little fine tuning is needed. We to noticed that a quieter begining is perhaps in order.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

Rick,
I think you would have been better off to cancel the main street drags vs. putting all the ridiculous restrictions on it. Something as simple as not having any spectators past the launch area should have been good enough, but that wasn't followed. Also, it seemed that some got away with a lot more than others over and over again. It was enough of a turnoff that I did not participate this year......

Rob Burton

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Hot women bikini competition.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff
"YUP" NOW END THREAD!
www.gcperf.com
Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxinrob
Rick,
I think you would have been better off to cancel the main street drags vs. putting all the ridiculous restrictions on it. Something as simple as not having any spectators past the launch area should have been good enough, but that wasn't followed. Also, it seemed that some got away with a lot more than others over and over again. It was enough of a turnoff that I did not participate this year......

Rob Burton
And cancelled they almost where. The restrictions where required to make all those responsible comfortable with all that has happened of recent. On the bright side, CF made more from the rides then ever

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff
Now you are talking. Of course, I don't think it will happen!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, Pond Aluminum 482FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by will butterwort
we could do a fun plaque for the car from furtherest away--buns of steel award. Ugliest car award---loudest color---prettiest paint job---aw lot of little fun stuff to do.Best replica build.Weelll-have to not get too serious though. Will-alabama
Don't forget the "least paint" award.