Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star with IRS, 427W with megasquirt, T56 magnum
Not Ranked     

Pulling numbers out of my butt, I would say the LSC runs 200 lbs heavier than the FFR.

The T bird and Jag deliver thrust as a twist in the LCA. That's something I didn't want to try and design in. It's much better to triangulate the UCA. And I really don't like the UCA's being the drive shaft.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

the last time I weighted mine is was 2315 lbs

Dwight

5.0 fuel injected, TKO 600, 8.8 rear end, coil overs and disc brake. Lots of carpet.

Last edited by Dwight; 02-22-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: add details
Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC 427GT, 461
Not Ranked     

If you don't want the IRS which I didn't, the lone star 9 inch is mounted with a four link and a panhard rod to center the axle to the frame. The design of the frame and by using a new rear axle they are able to lower the seats four inches so for taller people you are lower to the windshield, a definite advantage if you're over six foot.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC
Send a message via AIM to cgsincc
Not Ranked     

Be careful doing business with Lonestar, everything is not as it appears.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

I bought my kit 13 months ago and having the legendary DV build it for me in MI.
Brian Alexander has been very responsive to any issues and in answering questions...the parts have all been of very high quality.
The forum however has very little traffic, not sure why but I have posted questions on the forum and members were very willing to help and give options.
Do you plan on building your car or having someone else build it?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC 427GT, 461
Not Ranked     

I bought my kit 8 months ago and have had the same results, high quality parts quick answers, and helpful responses from current owners on the website. Most of them check once a week or so and they do answer their pm''s within a few days. I have talked to several current owners and some that are currently building theirs at the last two open houses that they held last year. It was really something to see what some owners have done as far as customizing, they have some amazing abilities. For myself, I don't have the tools that some people have but I am having no problem. What has held me up was getting the engine, now that it is almost here I don't anticipate any issues. One thing that I noticed is that no one had anything negative to say about their experience with their car. I saw cars that were basic builds to highly modified. And I also spoke to several that raced their cars, some people really put their cars though the paces and they definitely can take it.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, 351-c
Not Ranked     

I've had my Lone Star since 1997. I built it all myself, and received very good support from Steve and Brian. Recently, I have contacted them about a new set of headers as I want to replace my 351c with a 408 Windsor. I called them, and have emailed twice, and no response. I understand my car is an earlier design, but was hoping they could help me, but I guess not. If anyone here has a set of Windsor headers, I would be interested. My build took me 269 hours in 7 months, with a trip to Texas to get a few questions answered. The trip was a father/son trip that wasn't totally necessary for the build, but we had fun, and I got some god ideas from the Lone Star guys.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

An old man in this game. I have built more than one of any Cobras mentioned. Pay extremely close attention to the negative posts here! There IS a reason!

Since no one has mentioned it, be it known_ Warned, That LSC HAS JUST BEEN SOLD, NEW NAME, NEW COMPANY, NEW cars.. AND BRIAN ALEXANDER HAS BEEN FIRED, QUIT, LEFT ???

As for the manual it is almost non existent.. unless you hAve serious building experience!
ERA, UNIQUE, although original costs may be more are well worth the costs.

Building an LSC for MR. CARREY right now. I am NOT IMPRESSED IN ANY WAY.

NOTE: I am not PAID NOR REPRESENT ANY REPLICA CAR COMPANY. My thoughts and opinions of 35 plus years are my own.

Ed (DV) Combs
OWNER OF
Classics by Eite, Inc. (Over 35 years...Now Retired)
"Yesterday's classics - Today's Technology ™

BUYER BEWARE
Old 10-29-2015, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star with IRS, 427W with megasquirt, T56 magnum
Not Ranked     

Been a lot of action lately. Pretty corsets everywhere.