Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-22-2016, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 351w
Not Ranked     
Default Lone Star Parts

I have the opportunity to buy a LSC cobra completed car. Given the company having gone out of business, how difficult is it to get parts?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

when did they go out of business? I talked to them several times last summer.

You can buy most of the parts from other suppliers and parts stores.

The frame and body are specify to Lone Star.

Dwight
Old 01-22-2016, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC 427GT, 461
Not Ranked     

The company was sold and is now ultimate classic cars
Old 01-23-2016, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Most everything has changed about the car with Ultimate. Ultimate's new website contains all old posts from LSC's site, including the post where Brian (the old owner) gave a phone number whereby you can contact him with any questions.

As Dwight said, most parts are generic and can be obtained from other sources. If the price is right for the LSC I wouldn't turn it down. Mine has been rock solid and 100% reliable for many years.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. Yes, that helps. I was thinking, if for example I need suspension parts that were specific to LSC, I would not be able to source them??

Thanks for the info on the new website. They may have taken down the old posts- I don't see them anyway.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics
Not Ranked     

I have an LS427 that I bought in '99 and am just about to get it finished. Over the last couple of months I have bought some parts like updated lower control arms, which are Lonestar specific, from Ultimate Classic Cars. As mentioned above, most of the parts are generic and can be bought anywhere, but my experience is that you will be able to get whatever parts you need. I have also been in touch with Brian recently and he has been helpful.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone, very helpfull.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2012 Lone Star LS427
Not Ranked     

I emailed Ashley at UCC yesterday after your post because it got me thinking. I purchased a built LS427 last spring and even though most all the parts can be found at a speed shop a few cannot.

She assured me that I could purchase anything I need so I'm feeling much better now.

I've waited about 50 years for a Cobra and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS 427, Keith Craft 501,Toploader
Not Ranked     

No, Lonestar never went out of business. It was just sold and now has a different name, UCC. The cars are the same.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brewer View Post
No, Lonestar never went out of business. It was just sold and now has a different name, UCC. The cars are the same.
No, the entire car has changed. here's a quote from someone who just bought their new 427GT.

"There are a lot of changes so I will probably miss some. To start the rear cowl is dropped by about 5 inches, the floor pan drop is now cast in, you don't have to cut and glass the new pans in. The dash is not a cast part of the body, it is separate, the front fenders are reshaped to accommodate the headlight assemblies, there is a cast in channel to route the wire harness to the trunk from the passenger compartment, the front grill is reshaped, the lower corners are more square, the body goes down farther on the frame so it is not as visible if at all, the wheel wells front and back are higher on the body so the entire car is dropped about 3 inches in ride height, the scope that is cast into the hood is centered and straight. Attached are photos of my right now, hard to see the actual height since it is still on jack stands.
Yes, the car is purple, some od the photos make it seem blue."
Old 02-18-2016, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     

I have the new frame and body from Ultimate, which started life as a 2008 Lone Star Kit. The frame has had some minor changes from the original Lone Star design.

I am adding the custom IRS to my car right now. We are also building new front lower control arms for it.

The new body is *very* different. Different enough it will not fit on the old frame.

It is a good kit. Hard to go wrong. I would not hesitate to buy the car.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Are there any side by side comparison photo's of the old vs new ?
Be very interesting to see. I have a 2000.

One thing I wish I could have for mine, is a turkey pan. Brian told me many years ago it won't fit, and I was upset and asked him why, and he said we didn't think people would want one.

I also wish the rear wheel wells came out more from the top, just as originals, so the wheels more tucked inside. Only way to help achieve this is to narrow the reed end.

The front hubs are not centered in the wheel well.

But, it's still a great well built Cobra.