Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2000, 04:11 PM
Brent Mills
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs up

Please take a moment and sign in and tell us a little about your car!

Brent Mills
Club Cobra
Old 12-22-2000, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LONE STAR CLASSIC , CHEVY 383 STROKER
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

LS427SC - CHEVY 383 STROKER ENGINE - EDDELBROCK ALUM RPM HEADS , ENGLE STEEL CRANK , SPEED PRO CAM , 2- 4'S EDELBROCKS , EDELBROCK INTAKE ,TCI AUTO TRANS - TCI TORQUE CONVERTOR - ALL HARDWARE STAINLESS STEEL , ALL HOSES BRAIDED WITH AN FITTING.HEATER , FORD 9IN DIFF. COMPMOTIVE WHEELS , WILWOOD MASTER CLYINDERS , DISCS FRONT , DRUM REAR. BOUGHT CAR FROM A GUY THAT LOST INTEREST , PRETTY RUFF WHEN BOUGHT. ITS RUNNING , NOT ON ROAD YET.
Old 12-22-2000, 08:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Neutral     
Smile

LS 427sc FE390, .030" over, mild lunati cam, hypereutectic pistons, Edelbrock RPM Performer aluminim heads and intake manifold, polished, 750 CFM Edelbrock carb, MSD billet distributor and 6AL electronic ignition. Headers and side pipes ceramic coated silver, car is all black with black leather interior. 16" Compomotive wheels, 245R50 on front and 295R50 on the rear.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jwoodard (edited 12-22-2000).]
Old 12-22-2000, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, 351-c
Not Ranked     
LS 427sc, 351-c, Edlebrock Performer intake, Lunati Bracket Master cam, 4bbl heads, port plates, MSD 6AL ignition, Billet distributor topoader wide ratio, 3.55 gears. Black with tan interior, no stripes, 15" wheels.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:30 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     
Talking

LS 427 SV, 351 stroked to 427,ARP bolts and studs, Main stud girdle, RPM heads, Torquer II manifold, MSD 6a, Accusump pre-oiler, T-5, 8.8 rearend with 3.73 gears, Wilwood master cylinders and disks on all corners, VDO Y2K guages, Ford Expedition blue with Wimbleton white stripes.

[This message has been edited by Scott S (edited 12-23-2000).]
Old 01-09-2001, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
lsc 427 built in 31/2 months march of "96. car is patterned and registered as an fia289. powered by a '65 289 with a mild cam and stock heads altered with screw in studs, big vlaves and port and polished. intake is a 65 cobra intake topped by a tuned holley 750. an art carr alterd aod hooked up to a late model rear with 4:10 gears puts the power to the road. the cobra is painted in 63 ford viking blue with the red nose stripe. it has decals and the number 50-for my age when it was built. wheels are vintage mini lites. the license plate-fia 289. presently i have about 12,000 miles on it, so its obvious i built the car to drive.
Old 02-18-2001, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

I’ve been building my LS427 for about 4 years now. Bought the Frame from Lonestar when they were in the old building at Katy Rd. It’s been a long long road and if it weren’t for Steve I wouldn’t be here right now participating in this forum because the car would not have been, period. I have about 8 hours left on the car before it goes to the paint shop. It starts, it MOVES, I just have the bugs to work out.

Hope everyone is safe.
Remember #3.
Old 03-22-2001, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar, Stoked 351W
Not Ranked     
Wink

LS 427sc 351W, .030" over & stroked to 390.

Edelbrock RPM Performer aluminim heads, intake manifold and cam. Holly 750 Double Pumper carb, Mallory distributor and ProMaster Coil with MSD 6AL electronic ignition.

Headers and side pipes ceramic coated chrome. 17" fully polished TeamIII Wheels, 265R45 on front and 295R35 on the rear.

Will be back from paint on April 30th 2001.

See car progress at http://members4.clubphoto.com/john27...53/guest.phtml

John

Last edited by CaliforniaCobra; 03-08-2003 at 06:04 PM..
Old 05-04-2001, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic Competition #56, 425HP Lingafelter 428 Cobrajet
Not Ranked     
Cool

My snake is the one you see in Lone Star Classic's advertisements, "featured auto" in Peterson's 11/98 Kit Car Cobra Guide, the Complete Guide to Cobra Replicas cover, and driven at the start of the first Shadetree Mechanic that had a Cobra build-up (the show that is on the video tape they send out). It is a show-grade Bright Atlantic Blue Metallic with pearl stripes LS427 Competition (almost an Elite) with the prototype optional hardtop and air conditioning. The engine is a 425HP Lingafelter 428 Cobrajet with Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, MSD ignition, 950cfm Holley Projection carb.
Old 05-14-2001, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmm, my first time using the new format board. Let's see how this goes.

Hey Guys, You know what I drive so I won't spend any energy describing it. Just glad to see Steve etc online. Welcome.

All for now.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking forthcoming cobra

I've been researching, planninng, collecting, and buying for over a year now and finally . . . FINALLY!!! . . . I'm building in January, 2002. Using the in-house build program at Lone Star. Installing an EFI (the bulk of research and planning) 396 stroker with AFR 185's and a host of other hi-po goodies (should provide lots of low and midrange torque and somewhere between 450-500 hp at the flywheel). TKO w/ Steeda close-ratio Tri-ax shifter. Lots of Finish Line and Lokar beyond the Lone Star norm. Its gonna be a comp kit with a ceramic coated 8.8 rear sporting 3.55's and the four-link/panhard setup. Full chrome rollbar (protection for the wife and myself). Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's (these have a smooth lip and smooth rim unlike the regular Smoothies by BC): 17x10's and 17x8's rear and front respectively w/ BFG KDWS 285/40's and 255/45's. Using Autometer Cobra replica gauges (mechanical). Aeromotive, FMS, SVO, Russel, Ididit, MAC, March, Lecarra, Bosch, K&N, Anderson, Simpson . . . all a host of others. The only thing I can't claim to have come to a conclusion on is the color: solid yellow/black int or blue/white Lemans/black int. I guess I'll figure that out after the build.

Finally . . . FINALLY!!!, it's together and sitting at Lone Star as I write. Soon the car will be off to paint where David Brady will work his magic and transform black gel coat into candy grand blue w/ pearl ghost stripes. The build went well w/ the Tremec TKO giving way to a Richmond 6-speed which required notching the frame to make room for the shift linkage which sits outside the trans housing. So the hood would fit, the EFI 396 stroker required being lowered 1.75" and the body raised by .5". This maneuver necessitated cutting and reshaping the trans tunnel to allow for correct shifter throw. Did I mention the Canton shallow sump oil pan? Anyway, it's official. I'm a Lone Star owner.

Last edited by frogboy; 01-18-2002 at 03:43 PM..
Old 02-05-2002, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just got back from Dallas this weekend with my new LS427 Competition kit. I'm building a small block 427 based on a Ford Motorsport aluminum block, Trick Flow TW-R heads, solid roller camshaft, and Eagle 4340 rods and crank. I've got a Tremec TKO, and a custom "Grand National" floating axle Ford 9" rear with 3.90 gears and a Detroit Locker. I'd like to do some road racing and autocrossing with it when it's finished.

Thanks to PJ at Lone Star for the sale - he is a great salesman to work with!
Old 02-19-2002, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Tigertracker
Not Ranked     

Just sent in my deposit on a 427 Comp. kit. I will pick it up at the end of march (I have to finish a couple of projects first) 460 rollor motor, TKO tranny, 9" rear with 3.55 ratio, Boyd 17" smoothies, Lazer red with Pearl White stripes, Vintage AC/Heat/Defrost. I hope to have it finished by my birthday (Aug 1) Building the motor now, I hope I have enough money left to buy the car.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to ThePidler
Not Ranked     

Just picked up my kit and started building...have the fnt arms on, 'bout it. Will be putting in a 392 stroker, running the Ford 9" and a ???? tranny. Have no idea what color.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, LS 427, 302 cid @ 370 HP, T5 and 8.8" rear end, 99.99% complete
Not Ranked     
Smile Cobra Chuck's LS427

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Mills
Please take a moment and sign in and tell us a little about your car!

Brent Mills
Club Cobra

I bought the LS427 kit 3/28/02, it is 98% done. I am working on the body now hoping for a red with white LeMans stripe paint job in early December. Black interior. I have a hard top for the snake.

I have a competition frame, Aldan adjustable coil overs in all four corners, the four link suspension, 8.8" 1:3.55 gear ratio, posi rear end. T5 trans. Ford Racing 10.5" HP clutch and LS hydraulic linkage, The engine is a 302 CI 9:1 comp. ratio block, Ford Racing E303X roller cam, Ford Racing roller rocker arms 1.6:1 ratio, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, intake manifold and 750 CFM carb, MSD 6AL ignition and billet distributor, Moroso 8 qrt baffled pan and windage tray, Ford Racing oil pump (not high vol) and Ford Racings high volume water pump. Cool tube for water hoses and a remote oil filter coupled to a oil cooler, Griffin 400 HP AL radiator. Brushed Stainless dash insert with VDO gauges, wipers and heater. Did I forget anything?

I have had a blast building the car. Many thanks to Steve, Brian, Dennis and the rest of the gang at Lone Star, they are awesome. I am going to play with the car for a little while, show it a few times and sell it, so I can build another.

Cobra Chuck
Old 11-08-2002, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LS427 347 STROKER, AFR HEADS, MSD,COMP HYD. ROLLER,ETC.AND LOTS OF TIME ON PHONE WITH SUMMIT AND JEGS FOR MORE PARTS . 8.8 3 LINK REAR TREMEC ,17X10 REAR 17X8 FRONT BOYDS .SPECIAL EURO HEADLIGHTS.
STARTED AS AN EBAY BABY IN JUNE WITH HOPE IT WILL GROW TO BE A FAST SNAKE .
CAR IS BACK AT STEVES FOR SOME FINALE WORK BEFORE GOING TO PAINT .GOOD NEWS DENNIS CALL SAID THEY CAR DONE IT CAN COME HOME SOON.
THE GUYS AT LS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP WITH THIS .
Old 02-17-2003, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427 Comp Cobra
Not Ranked     

I picked up my LS427 Comp kit on 10 April 2002. I took me 4 1/2 months to put together in a ONE CAR garage. I'm running a full roller 302 mated with a Tremac 5-speed, 3.73 gears in the 9" rear end. Nothing to radical, but when I drop the throttle see goes!! Didn't want to build somthing to overpowering this time around. I got close to 500 trouble free miles on her so far and each one has been a blast. Thanks to Steve and Brian it has been a very pleasent experience.

Load Clear...........

Steve, Get that GT-40 kit ready, that will be my next project!!!!
Charleston AFB SC

Load Clear!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, LS 427, 302 cid @ 370 HP, T5 and 8.8" rear end, 99.99% complete
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Cobra Chuck's LS427

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra Chuck

I bought the LS427 kit 3/28/02, it is 98% done. I am working on the body now hoping for a red with white LeMans stripe paint job in early December. Black interior. I have a hard top for the snake.

I have a competition frame, Aldan adjustable coil overs in all four corners, the four link suspension, 8.8" 1:3.55 gear ratio, posi rear end. T5 trans. Ford Racing 10.5" HP clutch and LS hydraulic linkage, The engine is a 302 CI 9:1 comp. ratio block, Ford Racing E303X roller cam, Ford Racing roller rocker arms 1.6:1 ratio, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, intake manifold and 750 CFM carb, MSD 6AL ignition and billet distributor, Moroso 8 qrt baffled pan and windage tray, Ford Racing oil pump (not high vol) and Ford Racings high volume water pump. Cool tube for water hoses and a remote oil filter coupled to a oil cooler, Griffin 400 HP AL radiator. Brushed Stainless dash insert with VDO gauges, wipers and heater. Did I forget anything?

Feb. 17, 2002 Update. No it's not done yet!!! Why because on December 16, the house and shop were flooded, fortunately the Cobra was up on jack stands in the process of wet sanding the primer when the flood struck. I have been working double time on repairing the house and shop. All of the repairs are just about done so I can go back to finishing up the snake. It yells at me everytime I walk by it, Finish Me, Finish Me. It won't be long now.

Cobra Chuck

I have had a blast building the car. Many thanks to Steve, Brian, Dennis and the rest of the gang at Lone Star, they are awesome. I am going to play with the car for a little while, show it a few times and sell it, so I can build another.

Cobra Chuck
Old 03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427 Comp Big Old Rat Heavy duty slush box
Not Ranked     

Have some-day-to-be bright silver with gunmetal stripes LS427comp. LSC#247 registered in Wyoming as 2002 LSC427 with 1970 engine. Bought complete kit from Lone Star. Kit was delivered April 4, 2002. Drove car out of my garage the Sunday after Labor Day, 2002. Still tweeking and debugging while have a ball driving. Paint job should be done "when I get a round tuit" Just happened to have a really clean Chevy 454/Turbo 400 sitting in the back yard from previous sand drag race use. Just happened to find a home for it in the Cobra. Had to do conciderable de-tuning for street use. Downgraded to Federal Mogul 9.5c.r. pistons, A-1 hydrolic cam .500 lift, Wieand Stealth manifold, Edelbrock 750 carb. Currie prepared 9inch Ford rearend, came with 3.73s since replaced with3.00s. For those of you in the know, the rest of the goodies usually listed came with the kit. It was so nice not having to find a doner car, spend countless hours in junkyards, or chalkup major time on the mail order phone. Other than a somewhat poor assembly manual, the kit went together VERY well.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by wyocobra

Have some-day-to-be bright silver with gunmetal stripes LS427comp. LSC#247 registered in Wyoming as 2002 LSC427 with 1970 engine. Bought complete kit from Lone Star. Kit was delivered April 4, 2002. Drove car out of my garage the Sunday after Labor Day, 2002. Still tweeking and debugging while have a ball driving. Paint job should be done "when I get a round tuit" Just happened to have a really clean Chevy 454/Turbo 400 sitting in the back yard from previous sand drag race use. Just happened to find a home for it in the Cobra. Had to do conciderable de-tuning for street use. Downgraded to Federal Mogul 9.5c.r. pistons, A-1 hydrolic cam .500 lift, Wieand Stealth manifold, Edelbrock 750 carb. Currie prepared 9inch Ford rearend, came with 3.73s since replaced with3.00s. For those of you in the know, the rest of the goodies usually listed came with the kit. It was so nice not having to find a doner car, spend countless hours in junkyards, or chalkup major time on the mail order phone. Other than a somewhat poor assembly manual, the kit went together VERY well.

The manual could use a little help but the phone support and digital photos via email were a great help. My kit went together sweet. I am just finishing up the wet sanding and I need to patch a hundred pin holes, the off to the paint shop, maybe next week. I got my test panel back for the paint shop on Saturday and Inferno Red with a Pink Pearl tinted white stripes looks like the way for me to go. Actually the red hides imperfections pretty well. Good body work takes lots of time. Much more than I thought. Have fun with the snake. I get out to Green River from time to time. Maybe I'll look you up next time Iam out.

Cobra Chuck