Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

The scheme is really dramatic, but I think that may be what is in order. It really grabs your attention, and that is a good thing.

Is there a statistic anywhere that details the number of deaths from Texting and driving? If so, maybe you can incorporate that into a paint or another bumper sticker. Sometimes that is enough to wake some people up.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

I must admit the cell phone is such a handy thing, even using it while driving...but good grief what is going on with all these idiots? These are just toys that enable everyone to express their insecurities about being alone...all by themselves in a car.
Anyone that endangers themselves and most of all others deserves to go to jail or just die.
Harsh !
Old 10-30-2010, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

(I made the mistake of starting this thread in a section that does not get back on the first page when someone replys. Any suggestions) ?

Joe- I agree that the car needs something special for a paint job/graphics, to attract attention. I know when we had a dragon theme on our racing sprint, kids & adults called the car either the dragon, or the moon car. The moon & night sky glowed in the dark. One guy suggested last night to have the skulls near the front of the car eating cell phones, then on the fuel tank, have them pooping them out lol !

The numbers on texting injuries and deaths are hard to figure, because people don't admit to doing so. People are now typing down by their knees attempting to hide the phones, which makes it even more difficult to text, and for law enforcement to see. Wonderful huh !

From what I've researched with the US safety Council, in 2009, 5,870 people lost their lives and an estimated 515,00S people were injured in police reported,... crashes. So how many were not,....reported or confirmed ?

Bill- Cell phones are a great tool & sometimes makes life easier, if used properly & under the conditions & circumstance's. It's not only dangerous when driving, but I hate it when you're having dinner at a restaurant, the movie house, ect..ect..., and the idiots don't turn them off, and say,..."sorry, but I have to take this call".

A friend was out with his family bowling and their was a family next to his. The mother actually had the ball in her right hand, texting with her left, and through the ball down the lane. If I had seen that, I would have said, "lady,.... can't you put that damn thing down for a couple of hours, to enjoy being with your family !
Isn't that disgusting ?

One time at Thanksgiving, a family member got a call right when saying the prayer before eating. I took it from her hand, and through it crossed the room. Now when I have friends or family over for dinner ect., I take all their cell phones away, just like car keys when drinking, so know one interrupts our time together, especially on holidays.

Another example. Two years ago before all this happened, my sisters boyfriend told me that Carol and him text 30-50 times per day, while he's driving a 20,000 to 50,000 lb. semi down our highways/interstates, at 60-80 mph !
I told them NOT to do that saying, "you could drive over a family and not even know it". His reply,..."well, you don't know how lonely it gets". I said, "what did you do before the texting phones" ? "I would call every time when stopping to eat or fuel up". My reply, "wasn't that enough" ?

Some,... trucking firms now give drivers cells, that record every time you talk & will reprimanded them if used irresponsible.

When driving in the city/interstate's, how many people out of 50, do you see using cells ? ,....One too many.

I hate to say this, but we really need more members to donate. Not only to build the car, as we're getting parts donated, but to enable us to campaign with.

So, people please give from your heart

All of us need to do what we can to save lives. especially our young one's.

Last edited by FUNFER2; 10-30-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Kevin,
I see it come up on the first page every reply. It move to the top like all the others. Maybe it is a setting you have on your account.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's strange. As of this time Nov. 8 3:30 pm central time, I went through the first 10 pages and did not see this thread or the second one ? Even after my reply to you & posting this, I checked the main Page, and nothing, then "refreshed", I still don't see it. Weird.
Oh well. lol

Last edited by FUNFER2; 11-08-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
That's strange. As of this time Nov. 8 3:30 pm central time, I went through the first 10 pages and did not see this thread or the second one ? Even after my reply to you & posting this, I checked the main Page, and nothing, then "refreshed", I still don't see it. Weird.
Oh well. lol
If this is the "main Page"....http://www.clubcobra.com/modules/Jig/index.php

I have never seen anything from The Lounge on it.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Kevin,
Go to the bottom of the main page where your post is (Lounge & All Cobra Talk).

Scroll down to the bottom and on the left side of the page there is a area that says "Display Options". There are two areas for sort options and the third area says "From The". In the "From The" area change your settings to one of the options. If you set it to 1 month in "All Cobra Talk", your other post is there. At least it was for me.

Neither post is a "Sticky".

Hope this works for you.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

"texting while driving...it's a life or death message!"

Came to me this morning watching the bimbo in the Nissan Altima swerving all over the highway while excersizing her thumbs..............I must admit when she got across the rumble strips I was rooting for her to catch the guardrail but she whipped back into her lane....and across into the center lane as well!

OMG!! I almost wrked ur car LOL!!!!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 11-18-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
"texting while driving...it's a life or death message!"

Came to me this morning watching the bimbo in the Nissan Altima swerving all over the highway while excersizing her thumbs..............I must admit when she got across the rumble strips I was rooting for her to catch the guardrail but she whipped back into her lane....and across into the center lane as well!

OMG!! I almost wrked ur car LOL!!!!
It's not funny,.....yet it is. lol !!!!!!!!!!! I agree.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry- sorry I forgot to mention that your advise worked.
Thank you.

I guess the lounge does not get as much activity as I thought.