S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We are finally getting some rain here. It sure is nice. The lakes are still waaaay down though.

Hope everyone is well. Don't forget you guys can list your items for sale on our site for free.

Must Sell Right Now

Old 10-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a good design.

I have rebuilt the snowblower control shaft and refurbished the hydraulic deck. I am tired of working on things.

This getting old crap sucks.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

You are still just a young guy. Just wait until you really get old and then working on things will really not be a lot of fun.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hey everyone.

How are you all doing these days?

Must Sell Right Now

Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Csx 4797
Not Ranked     
Default Possibly Selling csx 4797

Hi Im not sure where I should post this question, but i have CSX 4797, it is silver with the black stripes. it is just the rolling chassis. It has been garaged since i received it. My question is does anyone have a ballpark what i should be listing it for?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Drakon,

They have a for sale forum on this site that you could list it in. As for what price to ask, posting that in the All cobra Talk Forum would get you more answers as many of the people have CSX cars and would know pretty much what one like yours should go for. Right now around this area it would be hard to sell for anything close to what it is probably worth as all but one or two people here have sold their Cobras of various makes and brands and none of them got even close to what they wanted. But this area is on the verge of being an impoverished area and that makes it hard to sell anything.

Ron

Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Stephen F. Austin !!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hope everyone is doing OK.

How is the weather Tru, You getting any snow yet?

I am just so happy it is not 110* here everyday right now. We got a little rain last night but the lakes are very, very low right now.

Must Sell Right Now

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 11-09-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Hi Steve,

Well we haven't had much rain but it is getting cold and we have had ice the last two mornings. And I had to go to the dentist this morning and it was 36° when I got up. And of course they found two small cavities and I have to go again the 22nd to have them filled. Getting old sucks.

All of you take care and have a great Thanksgiving when it gets here.

Ron

Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hey Ron,
I'll tell ya we have had some really good weather here the last few weeks. We get a little rain (that's a good thing) but mostly it is just beautiful out right now.

We'll we had a build job get put on hold. It would not appraise for what it cost to build. That is just plain stupid. It cost $xxx to build the home, the lot is paid for and still the damn thing will not appraise. This include ZERO profit as well. That is BS.. plain and simple. What it amounts to is the home appraises for a little over 100K LESS than the cost to build including the lot. 100K less than my cost to build it. What next?

Must Sell Right Now

Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

I got my property taxes the 1st of this month and of course they had gone up. But I looked at the appraised value of my house and it had jumped quite a bit. I called and asked them how it could be going up when all of the others around here are going down and there are so many empty houses. The never could explain that and I finally told them if they would pay me the cash they claimed it was worth I would take it. Boy, did that end the conversation. My place is small and is certainly not worth what they claim it is.

Ron

Old 11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have contested our property taxes almost every year for decades.

They tell me they are not in the business of buying property so they are not interested in buying mine at the taxed amount.

One year they had gone up a stupid amount. When I called to schedule the protest they told me it would be six months before they could get me on the schedule and by then it was too late to protest, so I might as well just go ahead and pay the higher rate.

I did my homework, really .... really well and found out who was on the review board for the county. I then looked at the history of their homes and the tax rates for thier properties. As well I looked at the Mayor, the Police Chief and all the City Council members properties as well. I had my ammunition.

I also did an extensive amount of research on our own property and had that information as well. I even went as far as to have an appraisal done (for insurance back-up)

During the protest meeting I plead my case. I told them property values are down all over the country, not just in our county. I provided seven comps of sold properties that were similar to our own. I provided interior images to argue what they said was in this particular home that was not actually there.

The comments were, they felt the property was adequately valued and they did not believe I had enough evidence to lower the value and asked if I had any other comments before the rendered the case.

"Well, I said....." and I began to go over every single one of their properties and all the city and county leaders properties and how in this economy thier property values had decreased, some by as much as 48% form the previous year.

I asked why would property values decrease so much on "Selected Properties" and increase so much on other properties. I then told them maybe this is an argument the media should look into, because they would have the money to investigate this more thoroughly. Then I asked them if they would like to reconsider our property tax evaluation or their own property tax evaluation.

Needless to say they dropped our property values by 45% that year. I did not pull out the appraisal because the new value they proposed was considerably lower than market value.

Funny how the next year we didn't have any problems.

Must Sell Right Now

Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

That is pretty much the way it is here. Our politicians have nice homes on acres of land and their property taxes dropped a big amount during this depression. Some of their homes are larger than my whole property, but my taxes has to go up because my small house has increased in value while all the others around here have gone down. They just announced that last months foreclosures was double what it was the month before and they have so many that are just starting they figure it will double again this month. And yet they try to say the economy is getting better. Creative paper work and lying again.

Ron

Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

yep,

I don't know about now but when I was in the banking business when we would foreclose on a property we would not pay the property taxes until the property sold.

If this is still the case, with all the foreclosures the cities are not getting the income they were used to getting to waste on the crap they have been wasting it on.

Sure they still have to make payroll and have the trash picked up and so on but not many pet projects are getting funded right now. In reality, what that means is the Kick-backs have slowed down quiet a bit.

Must Sell Right Now
If you don't check it out - You won't know.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Darn my math must be really bad. Our newspaper just had a piece on the front page about some small company coming in here and they had hired 21 people and the economy was really showing signs of improvement. The next article directly below it was that one of the older companies that has been here for a long time had closed and laid off 60 people. I don't see how losing 60 jobs and adding 21 makes the economy better. And the new jobs were mostly minimum pay while none of the 60 were.

Ron

Old 11-17-2011, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Unfortunately that is the way the market has been headed fro some time now. Not only that but the people that are getting laid off cannot find jobs anywhere near what they were making in the past.

I have even heard of some companies eliminating positions to get rid of employees then a week later putting the position back in line and looking for new employees at a much lower pay rate.

To me it doesn't make sense to keep re-training new people.

Must Sell Right Now
Love it or Sell it!

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 12-07-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 11-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

The new people don't get nearly the benefits that the older ones had plus the pay is normally lower.

You and all of your family and everyone on here have a great and safe Thanksgiving. It is cold and raining here right now.

Ron

Old 11-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Well I hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving and that the coming holidays will be just as good. We had lousy weather and even worse people as the crowds acted more like cattle than people. I won't go to the store until well after all of this madness is over. Everything from a woman using pepper spray in L.A. to keep people back until she got what she wanted to people just waiting outside and shooting at those coming out and then taking what they bought. And in this cold, wet weather, they were setting up tents in the parking lots here Monday afternoon to try and be first in line Monday morning.

Ron

Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I think it was more like raging bulls than cattle. I know a lady who got hit in the face with an Xbox controller over a video game. Luckily she didn't break her nose and it didn't bleed all over the place. People are crazy at these things.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is amazing that people will almost kill another person just to save .37 cents on a frigging TV.

Must Sell Right Now