14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Default Scam on a Scam?

I just got this following e-mail .... and I'm going to be a millionaire !!!!

Good day,

After several attempt to reach you via your telephone contact, I deemed it necessary and urgent to contact you with your email and to notify you finally about the outstanding settlement of your compensation which is being given out by the United Nations Monitoring Institution. This compensation is being made to all the victims who have lost their money through any form of online transaction with Africans or as a result of fraudulent business/transactions scheme. It has come to our notice that many of you have lost your money by falling victim to these Scammers and other related online transaction/business. Victims are given lots of complains and report to the United Nations about the widely spread of internent frauds.

We the United Nations Monitoring Institution and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme have decided to give each of every one of you the sum of €1,000.000.00 to pay all your debts and start a new business and forget any form of online transaction related to fraud. This is the reason why Kofi Anna; the formal secretary-general of the United Nations, organized this Monitoring Institution, in order to regain the image of all Africa nations. Upon this development, we have taken upon ourselves to settle these funds that has been extorted form victims who know more or less about internent fraudulent activities, and as a result of the dubious attitude of the apex scammers in Africa who have made things difficult to their dear Leaders & Governments.

On the detailed verification and reconciliation of your file, it was crystal to us that you are one of the scammed victims who has been previously defrauded by these fraudstars. After much investigation by the Police, FBI and the Interpool, you have been qualified and seen as the rightful beneficiary to the compensation funds which has been delayed due to lack of information about you.

However after much checking of your file, it was satisfactory and approved for your refund payment. This is why we have contacted you for the release of your compensation funds from the United Nations Monitoring Institution and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Henceforth, You are advice to disengage from anyone, impersonated officers or individuals who claim to be in position of your funds release, thereby misleading you and having the opportunity to extort money from you. In respect to this outstanding problem, the president of the organising committee on contractual matters have decided that this funds will be paid to all contacted victims through our norminated paying bank BARCLAYS BANK PLC UK.

We have concluded all the necessary arrangement towards the release of your compensation fund from the Head of Organising Committee, of the United Nation Monitoring Institution and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in collaboration with the World Bank and the federal ministry of finance as they have already deposited a check sum of €1,000.000.00 (One million Euro) to the Barclays Bank Plc. UK, for the revalidation payments. You are advice to contact the norminated bank with the following details:

Barclays Bank PLC
1 Churchill Place
London
E14 5HP
United KingdomE-mail: info@barclaysuk-bank.com

Contact the above Bank to enable them automates your fund release and to give you supportive attention for the neccessary guidlines. We advice you also to stop contact with anyone or individuals in regards to any huge amount transfer, fake lottery winnings, fraudulent Job Offers, etc. All this are regarded as scam both in your local representatives and world wide.

Accept our regards in advance.

Dr. Josh Martins
United Nations Monitoring Institution

unitednations.refund@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact us by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Now we know how Warren retired early.

What are you waiting for???

Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
At least they could learn to write this stuff in a correct format. And the use of English is a dead give away.

You are advice to contact the norminated bank with the following details:

On the detailed verification and reconciliation of your file, it was crystal to us that you are one of the scammed victims who has been previously defrauded by these fraudstars. After much investigation by the Police, FBI and the Interpool, you have been qualified and seen as the rightful beneficiary to the compensation funds which has been delayed due to lack of information about you.

By the way Warren, what is my share going to be?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 05-21-2007 at 10:36 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

It is very difficult to figure out how anyone could fall for this crap. Strangely, they didn't ask for your bank account number yet.

Wayne
Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Go ahead and answer them and send some phony information.

Wayne,

We have a priest here that gets these by the dozen as he believes they are legitimate. I finally traced one back to a law firm in London and showed him that right on their site at the top they had posted a copy of that phony e-mail telling people that they had nothing to do with it and some scammer had used their law firms heading. And he still wasn't convinced.

Ron

Old 05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hey, I just received one million Euros from the UN.

It must have been thru the cooperation with Interpool (not to be confused with Interpol).
Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Did you sell you stock in the Iraq National Oil Company?

Ron

Old 05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When I went to the Sam Huston Institute of Technology they advised against purchasing oil from anyone other than Texans.

But I did have quite a bit of $$ in some International REITS and they did return between 25 and 32% last year. Love the stock market...hate frogs
Old 05-26-2007, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

wtm442

OK the beers on you..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I even get scammed by the IRS .... new e-mail yesterday. No, I did not link to the site.

IRS Notification - Fiscal Activity
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $268.32. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

Regards,
Internal Revenue Service

© Copyright 2007, Internal Revenue Service U.S.A. All rights reserved.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I even checked the properties of the sender ...

Internal Revenue Service <service@irs.gov>
Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Waren,
That's funny, my refund is for the exact same amount!

Via the email of course.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I got my refund about 4 months ago and it was about $2200. Had to reduce the withholding out of my company pension. I hate giving money to the IRS to use the entire year. The prior year I had to pay about $500.

One of the best parts of retirement is watching the taxes paid drop by about 80%

That was the first IRS scam for me. They are getting better. I read an article last night that when they hook a fish, they get about $3200 out of the fish on average. But when they get your name and SS#, the damages can be extensive just trying to "clear" up your credit and good name.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yep, I have first hand experience with Identity theft. It is no fun and cost us thousands
Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

Its kind of funny how many of these letters get posted in here.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike,
That is because so many of us get them . We love our CC brothers and want to share the wealth
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is a new one I got today ....

Good day Concern friend,
Do accept my sincere apologies if my mail does not meet your personal Ethics, I wish to use these confidential means to get in touch with you due to my present predicament.

You should understand that this is not a proposal, rather, I write to seek for your understanding, honesty, willingness to assist me Following the sudden death of my late husband, Mr john Williams, former DELTA STATE FINANCE MINISTER who was assassinated by unknown gunmen believed to be associated with differences between him and his political opponent. As a widow that is so traumatized, to the state of utter confusion, frustration and hopelessness by the present civilian administration, the security agents in the country have subjected me to physical and psychological torture, I have lost confidence with anybody Within the country since many out rightly blackmail us. The Government so far is not relenting to make me poor since they are, and have been the political opposition of my late husband.

I have to quit my matrimonial home due to the stress I have been through in the past years, to a refuge camp in a neighboring country for my dear life and that of my only son junior Williams. I repose great confidence in you hence my approach to you. Due to Security network placed on my day-to-day affairs I cannot afford to visit any foreign embassy and all my bank account has been confiscated; I hope you will not betray my confidence in you.

I shall be grateful if you could assist me by investing and developing my asset with a finance company abroad for my only son JUNIOR WILLIAMS for future purpose, so that when he grow up as man he will have something to hold on and start his life because my own life as at stake. I believe with confidence that you are a human like and I know you have feeling for your fellow human and you will be kind enough to assist me.Please, let me know what you think and if you are willing, as I believed you are, do respond to me via rose_uche_williams100@yahoo.com , and include your phone numbers . I know you will not not hesitate to help me if only for the sake of my only son JUNIOR.
I hopefuly await your reply.

Yours faithfuly,

Dr. Mrs.Rose Uche Williams
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, all of that and she can still send and receive e-mails and the Govt. won't know it. Just send the money to me and I will see that she gets her share.

Ron

Old 09-05-2007, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is amazing that this goes on and on and on....

But the truth of the matter is if it didn't work they would find some other way to steal from us.

I can't believe the world hates us and wants to kill us all off. If they did who would pay for their benefits, their rebuilding, their living assistance programs, their new schools... man this list could go on for years.

If they kill us all off they would have no one the steal from anymore. Maybe they should re-think their strategy. It does not make since to close down your only source of never ending financial aid.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Warren, how much are you going to send to her and to her poor only child, Junior Williams? Sounds like a worthy cause to me.

Wayne
Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have to quit my matrimonial home due to the stress I have been through in the past years, to a refuge camp in a neighboring country for my dear life and that of my only son junior Williams

Can anyone tell me what refugee camp near Nigeria has an internet connection?