14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     
Default Peace Luvin' Mooslims

Awe, ain't they sweet?

Mike
Old 11-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
That has to be a joke. I thought that lashing went out in the middle ages. Of course, it is a Fox news report.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

Mike...you better be careful with the spelling. That might be worth 40 lashes also....
Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Principle is principle...

Much as most of us are royally, rightfully pi$$ed off when someone - eg. a Muslim - living in our country expects to operate according to Sharia law, a Westerner living in a Muslim state has to respect their laws or ship out. The principle remains unchanged no matter which side of the issue I happen to stand on. Even though by our standards the transgression appears incredibly trivial, knowing what we all know about Islamic fundamentalism, that teacher is at the very least guilty of a severe lapse in judgement and common sense. Barbaric as lashing sounds to us, it is their law and I must admit that I occasionally catch myself wishing flogging would be reinstated to deal with some of the ridiculously delinquent crimes that some people repeatedly commit. If a Muslim teacher working in a Christian school in a small, bible belt town had the kids name the class mascot "Jesus Christ" or "Jehova", she surely wouldn't be flogged or prosecuted under law because of the very nature of the prevailing social and legal structure (and I suppose that's the major difference), but I'm sure some of the same sentiments and emotions would understandably be aroused.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 11-26-2007 at 10:03 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, I do not think people would get out the pitchforks over naming a Bulldog Jesus. Some guy recently (US) got into hot water with the Christian Fundamentalists over saying something about suffering more than Christ at His Crucifixion (btw, the guy was Jewish). But last I heard, he was still alive, not in jail, and not bleeding. There was a guy who put an inverted cross in a glass of pee, took a photograph, and showed it in an art gallery (btw, he was federally funded). He too is alive and well. Yes, these folks attract negative attention, get blasted in the media (and honored).

What should be slammed here is the barbaric treatment of human beings. Period. Regardless of culture. And don't give me crap about the death sentance. I am slowly moving away from supporting it because it is terribly inefficient, expensive, sanitized, and ineffective as such. Now the Saudis!! Those guys know how to impose the death sentance. 136 beheadings this year alone (so far). And the 136th guy? Read the story. He deserved it.

Mike

PS: Why is it not blasphemy to name one's self Muhammad??? http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/n...onventions.pdf

Last edited by bomelia; 11-26-2007 at 10:33 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

I wonder how many lashes they should give the 20 out of the 23 kids that voted for the bears name.

Hey, its their culture. Stupid mistake on the teachers part. Good thing he did not get caught stealing ... they would cut off his hand.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh .... bring back the good old days in the Middle East. Wait a minute, they are living in the fourteenth century now, aren't they?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kind of like the kid that got caned in Asia. When in Rome do as the Romans? They make the laws, and learn to live by them, or move. Simple as that.

No wonder everyone wants to move here. Where the criminal has all the rights.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

"No wonder everyone wants to move here. Where the criminal has all the rights."

Fortunately down here, criminals generally still get treated like criminals but we now are blessed with an increasingly noisy group of human rights activists led by an eccentric, unsuccessful lawyer (who just got arrested for beating his wife). They make a big fuss and try to launch lawsuits on behalf of the "victims" every time the police shoot, manhandle or injure a perp; even an escaped and armed convicted murderer. People here half-jokingly refer to them as "the criminal rights activists."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ah sayuh, Ah sayuh, Why is it not blasphemy to name one's self Muhammad??? http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/n...onventions.pdf

But it IS blasphemy to name a stuffed bear Muhammad!!

By the way, my wife used to call "it" Samson... but I just renamed "it" Muhammad. Ya know! If the mountain won't come...

Mike (sorry) NOT!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomelia

By the way, my wife used to call "it" Samson...
Is that because 'it' is powerless when shaved??

There are benefits and drawbacks to every type of society. In ours, we have a higher rate of crime, but we can name our pets anything we want. They have less freedom as their religion provides a lot of structure, but they also have a less crime.

Steve
Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe the fact they enforce penalties against criminal's has as much to do with their less crime as their religion. They don't reward criminals like we do here.

Ron

Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Yep - I wouldn't mind using a couple of elements of Sharia law. If you know you are going to get a hand chopped off for stealing then chances are you would be a lot less inclined to steal.

Although - these days they would then just go on permanent disability and live off of our taxes for the rest of their lives.

Bloody hell! We just can't win!

Steve
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve,

For once we are in total agreement. There just seems to be no way to win. Unless we go to Folsom Prison and sue them for locking us in a cell like that guy did.

Ron

Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My idea of prison was that it would be a place to avoid. For the very reason that you are locked up. The food should be nutritional, but sh*tty, and tasteless. Everybodies head shaved, and no personal clothing. The work should be hard, no TV except for maybe Mr. Rogers,and forget air conditioning, and very little heat in the winter.

Now it's a place to vacation, and see your friends........
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is for sure. Some of those murderers live better than many working people do. I can't even afford health insurance and they get free medical care. We need to forget about all of their so called rights and make them pay for what they do and they might not be so eager to rush out and do it again. As for the so overcrowding in prison, give half of them knives and turn them all lose in the yard for an hour then take the survivors back to their cells.

Ron

Old 11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Holy Carp! And you guys call me a right wing conservative!

Mike (must be rubbing off on yoose guys...)
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THIS JUST IN!!! Korea is back in the punishment business!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313226,00.html

Now THAT is a crime worth an execution!

Mike
Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The case brought widespread calls in Britain for her release. The Muslim Council of Britain calls upon the Sudanese government to intervene in the case.

"This is a very unfortunate incident and Ms Gibbons should never have been arrested in the first place. It is obvious that no malice was intended," said Muhammad Abdul Bari, the council's secretary-general.

British opposition Conservative party lawmaker William Hague called on the British government to "make it clear to the Sudanese authorities that she should be released immediately."

From a recent FOX update on Ms Gibbons....

Mike
Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Of course they will release her - after her 40 lashings!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

http://michellemalkin.com/

The poor, harmless misguided youth of unnamed ethnic origin in France are now peacefully demonstrating against oppression by…shooting at cops with hunting weapons. Scores of them. Some 80 police officers have been injured:

Rampaging youths rioted for a second night in Paris’ suburbs, firing at officers and ramming burning cars into buildings. At least 80 officers were injured, a senior police union official said Tuesday.

The overnight violence was more intense than during the three weeks of rioting in 2005, said the official, Patrice Ribeiro. He said “genuine urban guerrillas with conventional weapons and hunting weapons” were among the rioters.

On Monday night, youths were seen firing buckshot at police and reporters. About 30 of 82 injured officers were hit by buckshot, Ribeiro told The Associated Press. Rioters also hurled stones and Molotov cocktails at police, authorities said.

Police made six arrests, authorities said.

Wait a minute. Looks like the “youths” get a more detailed description. The wire editor must have forgotten to delete:

Youths, many of them Arab and black children of immigrants, again appeared to be lashing out at police and other targets seen to represent a French establishment they feel has left them behind.

“Police officers were targeted with hunting weapons; a certain number of them were wounded by lead shot,” said Interior Minister Michele Alliot-Marie. “This is totally unacceptable,” she said, adding there were six serious injuries, “people who notably were struck in the face and close to the eyes.”

The use of firearms added a dangerous new dimension to the rioting. Firearms are widespread in France, and police generally carry guns. Such weapons, though, were rarely used in the 2005 riots that spread to poor housing projects nationwide.