Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Navy Rescues Captain, Kills 3 Pirates

Well they finally did what should have been done days ago. As for bombing that base, I don't think they had any intention of doing that. If the helicopters were even ours, they were probably just scouting and maybe locating possible targets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090413/...alia_piracy_93

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I don't get the news about the women flocking to marry these pirates.

Ron, your a sage with many years of experience, what was it like back when then wooden ships would do these things?

Got my posts in for the water tower! YES!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Myself/Body from CSX-2575 & hand built Birdcage
Send a message via Skype™ to map
Not Ranked     

Looks like Barry grew a set..

U.S. Military Considers Attacks on Somali Pirates’ Land Base..
Should be with B-52s!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aYhvgOfyTmYA

Last edited by map; 04-13-2009 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Default Alternative plan.......

....(once again, ad nauseum)------let's use naval gunfire. These pirate-dens are all coastal. Drop leaflets and then swing about six destroyers (wish it were the Iowa BBs!) in on the gun-line. Great practice for the upcoming surface interdiction of the pirates' "mother ships"!
We really need to leave a LARGE surface-warfare element on site----then go get those $%@*&%#$@ pirates when they move out over 400 miles offshore.

There was a certain Capt. ______ Brown on FoxNews this morning, who recommend that we board, depopulate these "mother ships", then a) sink 'em outright, b) scuttle 'em or c) tow them to ship-breaker yards in Inja!!!!!!

Added benefit to the Obama domestic offensive against captialism, Constitutional rights and personal freedom:-------the "old razzle-dazzle". Keep the sheeple's eyes offshore. Win-win (except for American wage-earners)......
Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

The Pirates were killed with three headshots. That must have been messy! One shot one kill. Go Navy Seals!

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Good job by the Navy, and the SEAL team that executed the rescue. Now let's hope Obama has some balls to go after their bases (I don't have much confidence).

BTW, We are already starting to hear the liberals second guessing the shooting of the pirates. I knew this was coming. Only liberals could feel sorry for scum like this.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

As long as we go after their bases the right way. We don't need another "Black Hawk Down" Scenario.

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Sorry guys (and Ron) if I contributed to the closure of the other thread. The snipers did good. 75 feet isn't a long shot for any good rifleman, but it couldn't have been an easy shoot given the relative up-down movement of the two boats, the configuration of the lifeboat (small windows) and the proximity of the targets to each other and the hostage.

Now the pirates are calling for revenge and talking about retaliation. Let's hope that the fight is taken to them and the good guys are not kept on the defensive. As for the one pirate who survived, he should be used as a military asset to garner intel about the situation and heirarchy on the ground in preparation for the offensive.

I'm all for compassion, solving root causes/contributing factors, and helping others to help themselves; but criminal aggression cannot be tolerated and must not be without serious consequence. Time for some house cleaning and maybe for the military, a psychological payback for their comrades who fell in Mogadishu.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

2 new hijackings in the news today. The pirates have big balls, small brains. I doubt Obama would have done anything but warm up the teleprompter and give a great speech. But if they push hard enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well the combo of Naval gunfire and air strikes is pretty awesome.

Anybody can be pissed off if you push hard enough, I hope.

Dan
Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3881 427 FE w/2x4bbls and 4 spd toploader
Not Ranked     

This should be interesting. I wonder if the countries that those ships are flagged under will be asking for some US Navy Seal help (especially after all the help they offered us in freeing the civilian US captain from the thugs/pirates)? What ever happened to the "You want to play, you've got to pay" mentality that used to keep a little semblance of order in this media driven world? Sad truth but some innocents will be harmed or die if and when this thing escalates but the old WWII adage of 'acceptable losses' might be enough for the unfortunate people in those far off lands to stand up and do a little house cleaning of their own. If pirates persist on taking US citizens captive 'remove' them until common sense tells them that pirating may not be the best way to earn a living and then announce, "Who's next?" to the rest of the world. Might be time to keep the press and second guessers away from the action until it's finished. Story headline, "Now You See Them, Now You Don't". Watching this stuff as a military veteran makes me scratchy.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

When I was in Nam our helicopter base got mortered on a fairly regular basis. The Capital ROK Division's (Korean) new commander had his HQ mortered once and he put out the word that if it happened agian he would line his Division up and march them to the sea burning everything along the way. In the year I was there they never were mortered. The VC knew that the Koreans would make good on their promise. there are only certain things that bad guys understand and making promises that you keep is one of them.