14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Question "obama has done Many Great Things"

Here lately I have started hearing people commenting,"obama has done many great things".

WHAT ???

None have gone on to list even 1 Great Thing he has done.
I am just assuming from their tone & expressions that they mean it in a positive & good way.

I am interested in learning what these great things are that he has done.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Where did you hear that?

Here's an article with the opposite view....

Some on left souring on Obama
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/****4.html

The left is always slow on the uptake, but sooner or later they’ll figure out what we already know: The Obamaloon is an idiot. He always was. He always will be.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

he's done a few great things.....for the communist party, but not for us
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

He has done wonderful job of giving away the countrys future and our security.
Wait until next week...maybe he'll do some more good work for the Commies's.

Bill
Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Colt 1911
Not Ranked     

He did get that nice picture of Air Force One flying over the Statue of Liberty.

He also stuck-it to the secured creditors of Chrysler and gave the UAW 50% of the bankrupt company.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CobraR View Post
He did get that nice picture of Air Force One flying over the Statue of Liberty.
and cracked a joke about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrVo...9C4FD&index=54

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. T. Toad View Post
and cracked a joke about it.
Will he be cracking jokes about his position of legitimizing his position in favor of the legal killing of unborn children?

Quote:
After receiving an honorary doctorate in law at the University of Notre Dame’s graduation ceremony yesterday, President Barack Obama delivered a speech to the school's graduating seniors that sought to legitimize his position in favor of the legal killing of unborn children.

Obama told the graduates of the nation’s most well-known Catholic university that abortion “has both moral and spiritual dimensions”--although he did not explain why he had made this conclusion—and made it quite clear that, even so, he has no intention of moving from his position that it ought to be legal for a pregnant mother to have a doctor kill her unborn child for literally any reason at any stage of pregnancy.
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=48237
Old 05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Will he be cracking jokes about his position of legitimizing his position in favor of the legal killing of unborn children?

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=48237
Obama also said:
“So let us work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions, let's reduce unintended pregnancies”

It is more logical for anti-abortion folks to go for this area first and reduce the number of abortions. So why don't they? They would find the pro-choice folks a lot easier to work with in this area.

Steve
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRM View Post
It is more logical for anti-abortion folks to go for this area first and reduce the number of abortions. So why don't they? They would find the pro-choice folks a lot easier to work with in this area.
Steve,

This thread is about what "obama has done Many Great Things".

I was just adding to the things that obama has done. It's just that obama spoke before the entire Catholic community at ND. I am not a Catholic; I am a Methodist.

Nonetheless, please educate me exactly when a pregnant woman goes from "pro-choice" to a new born human? Is it 3 months, six months, or can we kill 'em at birth?

Doc (who would never perform an abortion unless the life of the mother is at risk).

obama will fail, and I hope it is very soon.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nonetheless, please educate me exactly when a pregnant woman goes from "pro-choice" to a new born human? Is it 3 months, six months, or can we kill 'em at birth?
Sorry, I really have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I would rather the two sides work on what they can to eliminate some abortions, as well as situations where kids will end up abused, neglected, and so on. Abstinence does not work. Unfortunately, Palins own daughter was a big commercial FOR abortion, especially for teens who do not have the same kind of support.

And as for Obama, people voted for him because he had not screwed up anything really big, and people remember all the screw-ups of Bush and Clinton. We will see how bad he ends up wrecking the country.

Steve
Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Obama also said:
“So let us work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions, let's reduce unintended pregnancies”

Steve
Because by pointing out the vast majority of so called needed abortions are the result of irresponsible behavior, we tire of being called bigots or worse.

Scott S
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
Because by pointing out the vast majority of so called needed abortions are the result of irresponsible behavior, we tire of being called bigots or worse.

Scott S
Scott,
The vast majority of abortions are absolutely the result of irresponsible behaviour. However, it would seem that pride is more important than fixing part of the problem.

Steve
Old 05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I would rather the two sides work on what they can to eliminate some abortions, as well as situations where kids will end up abused, neglected, and so on. Abstinence does not work.

Steve
Justifying abortion so that the (aborted) kids will not get abused seems a bit over the top. And yes, not having sex does work. 100% of the time as a matter of fact.

Mike
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Scott,
The vast majority of abortions are absolutely the result of irresponsible behaviour. However, it would seem that pride is more important than fixing part of the problem.

Steve
How so?

Scott S
Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Since you are for abortion, I was wondering when you may think it becomes murder? Is it OK to abort in the last trimester (week 28 until the birth)? Is it OK to abort just before birth? Is a baby not a human until it exits the womb of the poor teenager?

What about the thousands of worthy couples that would like to adopt a child?

Quote:
Unfortunately, Palins own daughter was a big commercial FOR abortion...
The grand baby of the Governor of a state in the United States of America is a risk to society? This ignores the fact that the family believes that it is immoral to take the life of an unborn child.

Quote:
...as well as situations where kids will end up abused, neglected, and so on.
Why don't we pass a law that requires the future mother to prove she can support a child before allowing her to give birth? Afterall, it is the poor that usually make unfit parents. Why not sterilize all males who prove to be unfit fathers?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Abortion is just wrong! No matter when life begins...it's just plain old murder and is unfair to the living.
There is no good answer or solution to this problem other than this, "keep your legs crossed" and " we will cut your N##s of if you get here pregnant".

So no excuses now .... tuffin up and just do it.

Bill
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomelia View Post
Justifying abortion so that the (aborted) kids will not get abused seems a bit over the top. And yes, not having sex does work. 100% of the time as a matter of fact.

Mike
I never said that abortion could be justified to prevent abuse. I also think that would be over the top and is not something I am in favour of. Ok, point taken on abstinence. Let me be a little more specific; abstinence is working great for the 3 people following that birth control method. For the millions who are not, well, it just is not getting the job done - I would rather find something that will actually have results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
How so?
Scott S
Scott,
Your comment "we tire of being called bigots or worse." indicates to me that you are not willing to work with pro-choice folks because they have called you names. If this is not the case, my apologies. I consider reducing the number of abortions a good thing, and I would be willing to swallow a bit of pride to do it.

Quote:
Since you are for abortion, I was wondering when you may think it becomes murder? Is it OK to abort in the last trimester (week 28 until the birth)? Is it OK to abort just before birth? Is a baby not a human until it exits the womb of the poor teenager?
What about the thousands of worthy couples that would like to adopt a child?

The grand baby of the Governor of a state in the United States of America is a risk to society? This ignores the fact that the family believes that it is immoral to take the life of an unborn child.

Why don't we pass a law that requires the future mother to prove she can support a child before allowing her to give birth? Afterall, it is the poor that usually make unfit parents. Why not sterilize all males who prove to be unfit fathers?
CobraR,
Your choice of words describing me as 'for abortion' is interesting, typical, and totally wrong.
Some courts consider it murder to kill a mother with an unborn baby, some do not.
I am all in favour of eliminating abortions past 6 months right now. The only exception I would make is for the health of the mother, and I would leave the choice up to her.

I would also be in favour of eliminating abortions earlier (other than mothers health and rape situations) provided some other conditions are met first. Things like the pro-life side advocating birth control, sex ed, and increased male responsibility for their actions. Unfortunately, the Catholic church preaches against birth control. I think that is asinine as it increases the unintended pregnancies, and resultant abortions.

There are plenty of kids who are available for adoption right now, but some are black, and many American adoptive parents would rather adopt a kid from China or Russia than an American black kid. Being black is not a birth defect, but it is treated that way by many in this country. Oh, and how much extra are you willing to contribute to pay for extra welfare kids?

Bristol Palins baby is not a threat to society - I never said that. However, a lot of teens with less of a support system than Bristol Palin might decide that an abortion is easier than trying to cope, especially as Palin is NOW running around telling people that they should learn her lesson.

Steve
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I believe that abortions should be legal. The earlier in the pregnancy the better. The woman should be the one who decides if she should get the abortion, because it's nobody's business but hers.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

I guess Dad doesn't count anymore...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

he has GREATLY increased the deficit... does that count?