1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     
Default Praise Obama! Teach 'em young.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW, is this not a violation of Separation of Church and State?

Just asking...

Mike
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cmanno@burltwpsch.org District Superintendant

dking@burltwpsch.org Principal for B Young Elementary

czulla@burltwpsch.org Vice Principal for B Young Elementary.

Support or oppose, let 'em know.

"Equal pay for equal work" is one the the lines in the song.

Mike
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Just shows that The Obots don't give up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSqL9_mfM
Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Myself/Body from CSX-2575 & hand built Birdcage
Send a message via Skype™ to map
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomelia View Post
BTW, is this not a violation of Separation of Church and State?

Just asking...

Mike
That's right he's..
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

More info from exurbanleague.com:

Schoolkids taught to praise Obama

Update: After a bit of Internet sleuthing, I have found who appears to be behind the video: The publishers of a children’s book titled, I Am Barack Obama by Charisse Carney-Nunes. A cover of the book is placed on an easel to the left of the children and the video was originally posted on the publisher’s YouTube account in observance of Father’s Day.

From their Web site, a description of the book followed by a review:

I Am Barack Obama is not a book about Barack Obama. Rather, it allows children to see themselves through the inspirational story of President Obama growing up as an ordinary child asking, “Who will change the world?” Ultimately, he realizes that he will. I Am Barack Obama highlights for children their personal power to change the world. In the backmatter, children share stories of the possibilities for their lives, as they aspire to the greatness they have seen in Barack. I Am Barack Obama is also the first children’s digibook available interactively along with its companion print edition.

Children must be empowered to know for sure that they can change the world. Charisse has captured this incredible moment in history by writing a book that allows young people to see themselves in President Obama. To me and so many others, Barack Obama represents intelligence, judgement, courage and service. Yet, the power in I Am Barack Obama is not in Barack himself. The power, instead, is in each and every child who finds their purpose and manifests a new destiny through Barack’s example.

— Hill Harper, Author/Actor/Activist and Harvard Law schoolmate of Carney-Nunes and President Obama
_____
Creepy!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think it's cute. Good or bad, Obama's story is a fascinating tale and he is destined to become a significant chapter in our history. He's a good role model for what the author intentions are, to inspire kids that they can make a difference.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
I think it's cute. Good or bad, Obama's story is a fascinating tale and he is destined to become a significant chapter in our history.
The same could be said of Hitler's story. I think it is way too early to declare his Presidency will be a "significant chapter" or not.

QUOTE=Excaliber;986505]I He's a good role model for what the author intentions are, to inspire kids that they can make a difference.[/quote]

I remember precious few Pols that actually inspire and make a difference. I am not sure the Obama is one of those.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The same could be said of Hitler's story.
What the heck does Hitler have to do with Obama's story? Never mind, I think Godwin's Law cover's that all ready...

He WILL be a significant chapter for one simple reason: The first African American President.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There is a vast difference between an fascinating story and an inspiring story. Obama will be categorized in the later.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

+ "t" :-)
Old 09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh, I see it now, dang, I had to read it multiple times to find the missing T.

L8tr...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
There is a vast difference between an fascinating story and an inspiring story. Obama will be categorized in the later.
"a fascinating story"

Plus, inspiring to only you (versus other posters here).

On the other hand, if it inspires you to climb out of the place that you are in that would be good for all of us.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
What the heck does Hitler have to do with Obama's story? Never mind, I think Godwin's Law cover's that all ready...

He WILL be a significant chapter for one simple reason: The first African American President.
Is that attitude racist?

I think he will be forgotten as the worst president in modern history. History will see his spending as near criminally reckless, and his total lack of leadership at home and abroad to be an embarrassment to the USA for years.
NOT because he is black, but because he is the ridiculous combination of naive and arrogant.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm not speaking as a party member on any side on this matter.

The simple fact is Obama's story, his upbringing, his life, his background, his rise to President, a black man at that, IS an "inspiring story". Perhaps not to you, or even neccessarily to me, but to the National audience. It IS "good copy", it WILL sell books, it WILL and is all ready, inspiring many young people of all races to consider their life in a new light.

Take for instance, Shelby's "story". Fascinating, while we can pick apart the man for mistakes, big and small, along the way, his story makes good copy. It sells, it inspires some, makes others gag, but it is not easily dismissed. A chicken farmer from Texas goes to Europe and becomes enormously successful in his career. Fascinating, inspiring, it's just good copy, regardless of how "we" might feel about it personally.

While Hitler may be fascinating, he is certainly not inspiring, to MOST people, that being the key word, "most". I believe history will look kindly on Obama and in the future his mistakes (if any ) will not be the focus of his lifes work. Just my non-partisan opinion/prediction on that issue.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

Quote:
OH it's "inspiring" all right, just as Benedict Arnold is inspiring. You truly could not be more ignorant as to how history will judge/record him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVi9-...layer_embedded

I am always amazed when accolades are placed on the historically unproven how hard they eventually fall.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1056, small block Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
a black man
That's funny, I thought his Mom was a white girl from Kansas.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1056, small block Ford
Not Ranked     

Rats, accidentally hit the button. Ernie, you're a reverse racist. He is every bit as much white as he is black. In fact probably more so because the black part of him abandoned him as a child and he was for all intents and purposes raised by his white mother and white grandparents. So as much of his success can be attributed to that part of him as can the black part. Why not quit with the labels. He's a man, just a man. He pulls his pants on just like all the rest of us. There is nothing remarkable about that.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Self identity my man, self identity. Obama, like many others I've talked to and known around the country struggle with their heritage. Especially true here in Hawaii where mixed race is a big factor for MOST folks. Who am I? Portagee? Fillipino? Hawaiian? Oh boy, Hawaiian gets tricky ALL the time, from a legal as well as ethical stand point. Very very few 100% Hawaiians left! At some point Obama embraced the heritage of his choice, he associated himself with and was comfortable with his chosen path, that of a black man. I don't see that as any different from a person who is only a fraction of a Hawaiian, embracing their heritage and declaring themselves to be Hawaiian. It's all about how you see yourself and what image you want to project.

1/4 Cherokee indian here, I thought it about that when I was growing up, my heritage, what if... Kind of like someone asking me where I'm from. I've lived in some many places, have traveled so extensively, my FIRST thought is, "I'm from America."

No question, the rest of the world see's Obama as an African American. Good or bad, that's the way it is.

Last edited by Excaliber; 09-24-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You know my son is going through this as well, self identity. He grew up splitting his time between Ohio and Hawaii. When someone ask's him where he is from, the answer does not come easy. Kind of like when someone ask's if your Cobra is real, it may depend on the color of the stop light at the time of the question!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: