Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Consumer Watch > Members FAQs and questions about Cobra Businesses

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 40k Later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2004, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: street beast w/351 stroker 485hp with 48ida on top
Not Ranked     
Question Are The Street Beasts Kits Ok?

I BOUGHT A STREET BEAST KIT AND I AM GETTING READY TO PICK IT UP AND START ON IT THIS WINTER. HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY DEALINGS OR PROBLEMS THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
Old 10-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Look back through the archives as there have been a lot of posts about Street Beast Kits.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Seems to me "rumor" has it the kits are "better" than they were previously. I guess at one time they were pretty much a nightmare.

Still, I have not heard any "great things" about the quality etc even with the new ones.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Too late for this project, but for future projects
or solutions to problems I recommend that you
ask the questions first, not after the fact. This
is the place to get the information, and will save
you time and $$.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

I don't know either way if the kit is good or bad.. Why are you asking now???

It seems like you're a little late in asking an opinion. Not sure what you're looking for here...
Old 10-23-2004, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter with a 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     

If you get into trouble give us a call and we will try to help. We have been building and restoring cars in Orlando for over 18 years.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Street Beasts is the reincarnation of CMC, which was a kit manufacturer in Miami a few years ago that eventually went bankrupt leaving a lot of customers with unfilled orders for kits they had paid for. Some of the same people are running Street Beasts, but this time they seem to be doing a better job of running the business. Therer are a few current members of Club Cobra who are building them and they have no complaints that I know of, and they are happy with theit kits so far. If they get what they paid for and the cars turn out well, that will be to Street Beast's credit. Hopefully there won't be a repeat of their last bankrupcy.

Bumpster
Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The kit is strictly set up for a small block Ford with an automatic. If your planning on a 429-460 or even a 427 side oiler, good luck. No ground clearance, less than a pack of smokes! Very dangerous. A manual tranny will require some rework to the steering column support so the clutch pedal will clear. Also if you have wide feet, call them Monday and renig on your purchase because there is no way to shift as foot room is non existant with a clutch pedal in the mix. I have very narrow feet and cannot drive it with boots of any sort. Mostly bare footed all summer. Also under extreme excelleration, the frame hits the top of the rear differential. I can go for days on how poorly written the manual is and how much winging it you have to do, the EXTENSIVE fiberglassing required, the FINAL PREP SAND that I paid to have done yet spent an unbeleivable amount time with and an airboard. If you do research you will probably run across more than one thread on this website saying it is not the easiest kit out there and they are correct.
ALSO, A 535HP CRATE 460 FROM FORD AND A NOS CHEATER SYSTEM WITH 180HP JETS WITH AN ENOURMOUS ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR WITH AN 18" SUPER BRUTE 2700 CFM ELECTRIC FAN WITH PURPLE ICE IN THE RADIATOR THE TEMPERATURE CLIMBS OUT OF THE STRATOSPHERE AT STOP LIGHTS. Car is very unusable after $42,000+
I finished mine last 4th of July
Old 11-27-2004, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 302 AFR 165
Not Ranked     

Hey 40K later

Thats why I bought a roller. Seemed like a lot of money at the time But it really wasn't in the end. thanks for your candor.

later dennis
Old 11-27-2004, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: going to buy this winter
Not Ranked     

Local owner of a new kit says body spending a lot of prep time in shop and complains of no body home at tech support
Old 11-27-2004, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS 427, Keith Craft 501,Toploader
Not Ranked     

40 K,
Your car looks beautiful. Sounds like you just still need a little fine tuning.
Tim
Old 11-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

StreetBeasts is trying hard to make a new name for themselves. They are one of the Sponsers of the Turkey Run going on this weekend in Daytona Beach. If you can get over to Daytona on Sunday you can talk with them and see their new set up. Yes the manual is a nightmare. Yes tech support is either hot or cold, meaning if you get thru they are OK but if you leave a message or send an e-mail via their web site, "good luck". I had a question a couple of weeks ago and when I talked with tech support they were kind of vaque, however they called one of their certified builders who then called me and cleared things up. I have met several of their certified builders and think they are real good. As far as the foot room goes I do not understand why 40K Later just downs the StreetBeasts because every one of the kits I have looked at has the same basic foot room, which is set up for an automatic and can be reworked for a standard shift, which I hope to do. If I can be of any help feel free to call me. If you make it to Daytona on Sunday call me and I will show you around. Thanks, Earl......386-235-1047.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl, to be more specific you need to take a cutting wheel and slice the left forward steering collumn support and reweld it to the outside in order for the clutch pedal to fully return. This causes your foot to rub the support each time you depress the pedal. None of this however is mentioned in the manual and of course no one in tech support answered my voicemails or emails. I had to go into the galley section of the S/B's website and look up other individuals in the phone book to see how they did theirs. As an aircraft mechanic I supposed I'm used to more exacting instructions as well as parts.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

40k,

I was looking at your pictures in your gallery. It looks like all of your troubles were worth it. That car looks great!

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 11-28-2004, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to Tim and Relaxin Rob for your comments. I appreciate it.
t-5gt likes this.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast 351W
Send a message via AIM to cheesee1
Not Ranked     
Default Just started one

I just picked my Cobra up last week.
The manual is junk they say that a new one is being printed.
Do not buy there headers thay are junk.
I do like there glass work very good.
Give ma a call if you want to know anything else.
I live abpput 20 miles from there shop.

James 954-224-7129