Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
The new Shelbys are done "post title", pretty much the same way they were done in 1965.
No.

Of the newgen, the Shelby GT and the GT-H (and maybe the KR) were the ONLY cars done like 1965...where Ford "OEM'd" the bare cars to Shelby American...they completed them, then shipped them to dealers for sale to customer.

Today, they call it a "ship-through" process.

The newgen GT350, being "post-title," means the dealer sells a new Mustang GT to a customer, who takes title...then ships the car to Shelby for conversion.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

While there are many different packages you can buy from Shelby to upgrade your existing Mustang, new or old, I don't believe the GT-350 is available that way.

Whereas, you could make arrangements for your 2005 Mustang "whatever" to be converted by one of several Shelby authorized "mod shops", I don't think you can do that for the new GT-350. It appears they will be done in Vegas only, ordered through a Ford dealer.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
While there are many different packages you can buy from Shelby to upgrade your existing Mustang, new or old, I don't believe the GT-350 is available that way.
Ernie...I wasn't "guessing." It's a post-title car. You, the customer, buys a new Mustang and send it out to them.

From Shelby American documentation:

Quote:
The Shelby GT350 is a post title program; a customer purchases a car from their local Ford Dealer, which is turned into a GT350 by the Shelby American Team. A limited number will be built in the 2011 model year. A Ford Mustang GT can be dropped shipped by a Ford dealer to Shelby’s Las Vegas facility for conversion or a customer can arrange to have a properly specified car transported to the factory. The Shelby GT350 up-fit completed by Shelby American has a MSRP of $33,995 and does not include the price of the base car.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID GAGNARD View Post
Nope,wrong, for the new GT350 project, the owner/customer buys a new Mustang GT and then he sends it to Shelby, there it is then transformed into a GT 350, then the owner pays Shelby for the modifications, something on the order of 35k.......

Sorry,wrong again, Dynacorn does make a 67/68 fastback body shell for 15k.

www.dynacorn.com

BTW: it DOES NOT have a VIN........

Yep, and for that kinda money, one could buy a real/genuine totally restored 67 GT350/GT 500.......

David
Ok if the body isn't one from 1967 and it doesn't have a VIN, just what makes it any different from any other replica that Shelby has signed off on? This is getting confusing.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I said it was "post title" to begin with. The point is, you can't just buy a "package" to convert your exisiting Mustang.

Which you CAN do with any number of other, old or new, Mustangs and those mods can be done at any number of Shelby authorized mod centers. Not so the GT-350, it's Vegas only with a special spec base car.

Ron61, who said Shelby would sign off on a Dynacorn body? That is not what is being used to build the new "Eleanors".
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
...just what makes it any different from any other replica that Shelby has signed off on? This is getting confusing.
Absolutely nothing. It really isn't confusing. CR presented themselves to Shelby Licensing as a credible shop who had the ability to deliver what (apparently) a small number of people want.

They are paying for the license to legally use the Shelby nomenclature and the 'tiffany snake' badging, something that they would have to do if they wanted to go to market with the name.

They are not recognized by SAAC as anything more than a neat hot rod.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ernie,

Ron61, who said Shelby would sign off on a Dynacorn body? That is not what is being used to build the new "Eleanors".

Who said they were new Elnores. It doesn't say so in the article. It says they will be GT-500CRs. No where in any of my posts have I referred to them as Elnores. And no where in the article does it mention the word Elnore.

Ron

Old 04-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well your right Ron61, they are not "Eleanors" per se, I was just tongue in cheek making a comparison. The "new" version of these GT-CR's leans more toward Eleanor styling than it does toward the orginial look though. Myself I prefer the original look/style, these seem a little to over the top from a styling perspective. Kind of like styling adaptations on the original Cobra 427 look/style. It's pretty hard to improve on a classic, simple, timeless design that was inspired by "function" first and it happened to look terrific almost as an after thought. What we have with the modern version is a pure design effort with function as an after thought, and it shows.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it actually say Amy is out?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

SDR Thesaurus Elenore = Modern Bastardized version of a 60's Shelby mustang - Ron61 don't be so literal . My opinion aside I would still own one , still better than a clone IMHO
SDR
________
HOME MADE VAPORIZER

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Old 04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I wasn't being literal. I just didn't understand where the Elenor came in as I never mentioned it. The picture looks like a nice car, but for starting at $119K and the top line being $200K, I think I would get the real Shelby GT-500KR.
And as Ernie pointed out. it is a modernized version which looks a little overdone to me, but that is my opinion. I am not putting the car down, just trying to understand how it is any different than any other replica and CW explained that in a prior post. If you like it and want one by all means buy one. I agree with you about the clone. There was a 1967 GT500-KR at the big car show here last weekend and he would sell it for $80K. I would rather have it than the one we are discussing.

Ron

Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it actually say Amy is out?
Good...I thought I was going blind.

Edit...not commenting on whether it's true or not...just that the press release is mucho vague, and yet a thread of comments follow.

Last edited by Jamo; 04-21-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

aaah, the wordsmithing of it all.

Luft has been put into the head chair at SAI...for now.

Not spoken to directly in the PR, but Amy has left the building.

TS Forum has removed the "Ask Amy" section, etc.

I wish her all the best, as most here should. She had been a good friend of this site and always dealt with us fairly. She always continued to deal with the "replica crowd" with respect...as one motorhead would to another.

Like it or not, she made an impact and kept a flame going...adding 8 or 10 thousand new Shelbys to the road.

..and so it goes.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yup...loved the cars.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

It was vague, but she isn't there any more. I was always treated fairly by her and her crew, especially Bud (who is no longer there either). A few others silently disappeared a month ago, some names you might recognize.

She did love the cars. I'd heard she had a CSX "in progress".
Old 04-21-2010, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
There was a 1967 GT500-KR at the big car show here last weekend and he would sell it for $80K.
That's a pretty good price if it was numbers matching or at least date code correct. But I assume it was just a "standard" '67 GT500 as the KR's didn't start until '68, right?

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

I don't know if Amy is or is not at Shelby, what I do know is that she has done a good job increasing the profile and awareness of the Shelby brand. I believe that is why she was hired and that she has done.

If she is still at Shelby, great, if she is not we will miss her directness and passion for the brand. We at the Kentucky Cobra Club support all she has done to date.

We should wait to hear from her, I believe she still follows and supports Club Cobra.

Juan

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904

Last edited by froggyman; 04-21-2010 at 08:02 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well David, lets review. The new Shelbys are done "post title", pretty much the same way they were done in 1965. This time it's Vegas, it's still white, there is no other color option.

Classic Recreations is not using after market bodies.

Those Dynacorn bodies must come with an MSO, like a replica, because they have no Vin.

Well, Ernie, lets review:

As CW found the press release and posted it, the new GT 350 program states the customer buys the Mustang GT from Ford, then ships it to Shelby to be turned into a GT 350, AFTER it is owned by the customer......not like they did in 1965...FACT

Nowhere in my post did I mention the name Classic Recreations anywhere........FACT

Nowhere in my post did I insinuate Classic Recreations was using Dynacorn bodies.....FACT

In YOUR post, you said you did not know of anyone making Mustang bodies like they do for the Camaro....FACT

In my post I simply stated that Dynacorn IS making Mustang bodies in both 1967 and 1968 versions.......FACT

Seems you got your facts wrong, I was stating the facts as I have seen/read them, you were wrong, plain and simple............

Not trying to start an argument here, just stating the correct facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

When I spoke to Gary Patterson a while ago - the word was that SAI-LV only does post title work for FoMoCo now.

as for Amys departure ; No Comment.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

David, your still screwed up on how this works, thats a fact.

You would be a fool to buy a Mustang and then show up in Vegas expecting SAI to turn it into a GT-350 for you.