Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Exclamation LCS Raffle Car for 2006

Well, it is finally time to annouce the London Cobra Show raffle car for 2006 and I hope you are as excited about this as I am!!!

This will be a BRAND NEW FINISHED TURN KEY CAR!!! The car will be built by the Ohio Cobra Club and seen in Kit Car and Kit Builders magazine and is expected to be complete by January.

The build will be on our websites for all to see!! See the link in my signature line for LCS and OCC

Now, for the goodies!

- The Kit:
no less then a Shell Valley CT-427: http://www.shellvalley.com/Replicas_.../cobrakits.asp

Read under 'the Driver and that is basically what is coming! Shell Valley makes over 80% of the car in house and supplies part to a number of other manufacturers. Their Kevlar reindorced bodies are even finished on the bottom for that smooth show car look! There are so many features to Shell valley you just have to go read them all for yourself!!

- The Motor:
Hold on to your hats! There will be a Keith Craft stroked big block FE lurking under that hood! Thats right, the builder of motors that holds over 40 NHRA records set by owners and customers will be building the LCS raffle car engine! Here are the details: 10,000.00 FE that makes over 500HP Wheel spin, heck! How about wheelies! http://www.keithcraft.com/

- The Coatings:
A great car with a great motor deserves some great treatment! That is where Aesthetic Finishers comes in! Aesthetic Finishers is chipping in with all the powder and Armor coating a well equiped Cobra can use! The finish on the 1300 degree Armor Coating has to be seen to be beleived! And lets not forget the rainbow of colors in the Powder Coating from Aesthetic Finishers! As soon as I can get my intake and valve covers polished, they are off to Aesthetic Finishers for a clear powder coat, I don't want to polish them ever again! http://www.afipowder.com/

- The Delivery
So you are 500 miles away and just win the car, how do you get it? NO PROBLEM. Rich Lacy of Rich's Classic Transport will take care of that for you any where in the contiguous 48 states!! Rich's quality service will ensure that your new baby will arrive looking as good as it left!! http://www.richsclassictransport.com/home.html

Please join me and giving a BIG thanks to the supporters of the LCS and just think how happy Cystic Fibrosis is going to be next year!!!

Tickets will go on sale later in the year or first of next. There will be a limited number of tickets so when they do go on sale, DON't delay!!

If you didn't notice, there is more needed!!
- Wheel and tires
- Heater/Defroster
- Wiper Assembly
- Transmission and related items
- Drive shaft
- engine accessories such as pullies, alternator, etc
- a Painter!!!
etc.

Contact me and I will give you all the details on how to job this impressive list of businesses!

Plus, why not make it an entire garage? How about a race tile type floor? How about a lift? Got tools? Get involved and help out!

Man is this going to be cool!!!!

Thanks again

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 08-05-2005 at 08:07 AM..
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's gonna be very Cool!!

The OCC web site will keep a running blog on the build...and you will be able to purchase tickets there as well.

It is rumored that the Keith Craft 390 FE stroker will have 500+ foot pounds of torque and 500+ horsepower. Dynod
and ready to run!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A 'blog'! I had to ask my daughter!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The great folks at Cobra Heat, http://www.cobraheat.com/home.html, have donated a set of their 'warm seat' seat heaters for the car!!! I don't know about the rest of you but I drive mine year round and the heated seats in my other cars are a real spoiler! I can't wait to try them out in the raffle car and then get a set of my own!!

Thanks
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The parts just keep rolling in!!!

Please join me in welcoming our newest sponsors for the LCS '06 raffle car.

- USA Comp, has stepped up to the plate with a set of their beautiful wheels just for this car! They have a wide range of great wheels so look them up for your kit car, racing or street wheel needs! http://www.usacomp.com/

- We all know them and love them! Once again, the Finish Line Inc. has stepped up and provided the wind wings, sun visors, adjustable seat tracks, mirrors and overriders for the raffle car build. If you have dealt with Enzo and Paula, then you already know what great people they are!! www.cobraaccessories.com

We are still in need of:
- Tires (how about some Goodyear billboards?)
- a painter. We have the paint and will prep, you finish it off
- complete transmission setup

Thank very much to all that have given to this project!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Isn't the Cobra community great!?!?

I am constantly amazed at the generosity of the Cobra community!

I just got an email from Bill Peirce, owner of www.ffcobra.com, and he has just donated one of his very cool scooters to the LCS!!

Check this baby out: http://www.cobrasales.com/303r42.htm

On behalf of the OCC, LCS and of course, Cystic Fibrosis, thanks so much to all of you!

The scooter will most likely be a seperate auction/raffle item.

This is your event, and you make it great!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, Pond Aluminum 482FE
Not Ranked     

Rick...all of this early work on the '06 Show is really going to pay off...great preparation/planning!

Joe
Old 08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Thanks Joe. We actually started a lot of the planning months ago! Items such as working with Shell Valley and Bob Bondurant and Mid-Ohio have been in the planning stages for months!

Right now we are focusing on the raffle car. If we can get it done by our target date that will leave us with lots of time for the other details. Of course things like Mid-Ohio and Bondurant have to be planned a year in advance otherwise there would be no way to get them together because of schedule conflicts.

Also, am going through all the feedback forms (you did get and respond to the form didn't you?) to shape next years schedule. So far it looks like folks like this years schedule but they also had some nice ideas on how to improve the events. As soon as those that where here this year have had their say, we will work on the changes for next year. I have said it before: this is your event, you make it great! I, we, are just your hosts.

There is a great group working on this. The 'core' group now comprises about 13 guys that work to make all the plans. Then as you know, during the event that number swells a lot!! That does not include all the hard work of the folks of London, the Strawberry Festival, Cystic Fibrosis and all the businesses and organizations that support us. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them all!

We have meetings every other Tuesday at Houlihans in Columbus Ohio, every one is welcome! Next one is 8/16.

More than likely, I am going to take more of a back seat next year. Three straight years of helping out in London and I would like to take a year off! I will still be around, of course, if they need help. 'Training' the new folks! In the mean time, I am hoping to get things off to a good start and so far, it looks like we are off to a GREAT start!!

There is always work to do and much of it does not matter where you are. Drum up support for the event and help make this a record year for CF and the most fun ever!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
More than likely, I am going to take more of a back seat next year.
hee hee

he says that every year!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

Guys, I can hardly wait for next years LCS. I like the Shell Valley product a great deal and you can bet I'll be buying some tickets for it. I had a wonderful time in '05 and '06 already sounds great. Thanks for all the work you are doing to benefit so many people.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Rick:

The comment form... must have missed that. Where do you get one and where do I send it too. I have a few concerns and/or comments I think would maybe help.

J.A.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by rob frink

hee hee

he says that every year!!!
You sound like my wife

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by GOCATS

Rick:

The comment form... must have missed that. Where do you get one and where do I send it too. I have a few concerns and/or comments I think would maybe help.

J.A.
We tried to get everyones email address at registration and from that list we sent out general comments type emails. Of course, not all the emails worked! I will send you one from here!
Thanks
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Finish Line

I just got a big box from the Finish Line for the build! Thank you very much!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com