14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakidz View Post
We waited with our Tiger at the 1st meet spot from 8am -8:30am---figured no one was coming. Hopefully we can make the entire run next time, looks like a great turnout.
That's a bummer we missed you. There were two other Tigers there at Starbucks at 08:45. Were you at the correct Starbucks in Folsom?

If you look back, the original post with time and location reads "Departing 9am from Starbucks in Folsom next to Chevron & In-N-Out Burger". We left at about 09:10.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Last edited by decooney; 10-15-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Looks like a fabulous outing/drive/meet-up. We are really sorry we missed it, but my daughter and her kids are moved in and now I'm ready to drive...... maybe tomorrow in the A.M.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1038--sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
That's a bummer we missed you. There were two other Tigers there at Starbucks at 08:45. Were you at the correct Starbucks in Folsom?

If you look back, the original post with time and location reads "Departing 9am from Starbucks in Folsom next to Chevron & In-N-Out Burger". We left at about 09:10.
That's ok, we had to go to my sons soccer game at 9am. We use that same meet spot for our SVT cruises too so we know it well. As we were leaving we passed a nice all blue Cobra at Flower and Blue Ravine. We got there early hoping that some would stop in for a drink and B.S. session.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
Looks like a fabulous outing/drive/meet-up. We are really sorry we missed it, but my daughter and her kids are moved in and now I'm ready to drive...... maybe tomorrow in the A.M.

Phil,
Heads Up: We nominate you to start a thread with the time and location for next months "NorCal November Third Saturday Meetup". Here is the idea: This way we'll have a better chance of seeing you next time with plenty of advance notice. We can even make it close to ya. How about something on your end of town, 80 side... Maybe the Auburn Golf Course off Bell Rd?. We've not been back there this year yet.

Last edited by decooney; 10-15-2011 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakidz View Post
That's ok, we had to go to my sons soccer game at 9am. We use that same meet spot for our SVT cruises too so we know it well. As we were leaving we passed a nice all blue Cobra at Flower and Blue Ravine. We got there early hoping that some would stop in for a drink and B.S. session.
That was probably me headed out, where I cut through...to get to Blue Ravine Catch you next time. Hopefully we can get the Tigers to come back and a few Panteras too next time.

If the weather is good in November, we have a chance of an even bigger turnout. Hopefully Phil finds a nice place for us.

Last edited by decooney; 10-15-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Phil,
Heads Up: We nominate you to start a thread with the time and location for next months "NorCal November Third Saturday Meetup". Here is the idea: This way we'll have a better chance of seeing you next time with plenty of advance notice. We can even make it close to ya. How about something on your end of town, 80 side... Maybe the Auburn Golf Course off Bell Rd?. We've not been back there this year yet.
Thanks for the show of support, but I think the "we" you refer to is "you", but that is okay too - I'll be happy get something going. Actually if memory serves, I recall getting the group to Ione the first time way back when..... like 2005, remember?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Phil, it was 06

Man of few words,
Maurice
Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302EFI, Supercharged
Not Ranked     

It was nice to see you guys again and meeting a few others for the first time.

Thanks for setting this up Bob.

Oh, the car made it both ways without any unexpected stops for once!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
Thanks for the show of support, but I think the "we" you refer to is "you", but that is okay too - I'll be happy get something going. Actually if memory serves, I recall getting the group to Ione the first time way back when..... like 2005, remember?

Okay, you got me. Whatever it takes to make sure we get to see Phil at our November third Saturday meetup, hoping if the host sets it up, they'll be there.

I received a few calls from different folks who really wanted to join us this month that want to try and make it next month. With plenty of advanced notice, we'll probably have a record turnout in November if the weather continues to hold up like it has. Looking forward to it Phil. Thanks!

Last edited by decooney; 10-15-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Old 10-16-2011, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     

Thanks again for the invite, it was a pleasure meeting everyone and the amazing Cobra's you all have. I look forward to the next time we can get together. I have been trying to get my neighbor Ken out in his newley aquired FF out meeting others......he's just a little shy so we need to work on that. We were also treated to the expert navagational skills of Rick Parker who I believe was trained by Navy Seals or indian buffalo trackers, as we never saw the same road twice. Duane I will contact you on that matter we talked about as soon as I can get ahold of him. Thanks again.....great people, great cars, great food, great weather, what else is there?

John
Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Perfect Day

Thanks NorCal group for letting the folks from Modesto participate! It was great to see all cars fill up the entire back row of the parking lot.

Rick and John, the 'back country' road trip to Ione was perfect. My son enjoyed keeping up with the Cobras in his '65 fastback. See you all again soon!

Jeff, Adam and Keith
Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

What a difference a day makes... woke up to rain this morning and thought, "Man did we luck out!"
Here's another photo from yesterday.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Phil, I realized about midnight last night that it was 05, my first ride.
Maurice
Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Maurice

Actually we went twice to Ione. Maurice your car is pictured both years and remember Phil leaning against the pole. I looked in our Gallery, and it was June 18, 2005 and again April 15, 2006. Phil's photo above is from '05, and here is a 2nd we did in '06 on our visit to the now defunct Rods-N'Rides. We barely missed the rain that time too. I remember this one in particular because my ERA in its former color looked like a 4x4 compared to Maurices directly behind me. I think he kept it secret from all of us that he had airbag suspension in his Kirkham. Hahahaha.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Maurice
Although I was pretty sure it was '05 (the first year my car was complete) I had no intentions of contradicting the "Man of Few Words."

Looking at DC's post, it appears we are both right

Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA HiPo 289 with Shelby dual quad intake
Not Ranked     

Some Pictures from the drive after breakfast.
Attached Images