S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 2.30 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default NorCal regional Yearly September Breakfast: Sept 15th

UPDATED Sep 8th -

Meetup: Yearly Meetup at Murphy's Historic Hotel
When: Sept 15th
Departure: 8:15am
Arrivals: 10:00am
Drive: 65 miles from EDH Town Center
What: Breakfast
Where: Murphys Historic Hotel, on the patio outside
Reservations: required in advance through NorCal WSCG group

SACRAMENTO area group meetup & departure:
For the Sacramento / Roseville / Eldorado / Folsom groups we'll be meeting and at Eldorado Hills Town Center Starbucks at 8:00am and departing at 8:15am.

CENTRAL VALLEY area group meetup & departure:
meetup and departure from the large Valero Gas Station at 8am near Hwy 4 and Charter Way exit, Fresno Avenue. Call Allan DeClue at Oakley Auto Service during the week if you need more details. They are coming through Discovery Bay on their way.

ARRIVALS at Murphys:
Arrive at Murphys Historic Hotel between 10 to 10:30am. Seated outside. Look for people waving at you as you come in.

PARKING:
Large paved parking area way out back behind the hotel where they normally do the car shows.

Last edited by decooney; 09-09-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Duane,
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Ione breakfast was in October and in September we have been having dinner at Teresa's in Jackson. Anybody want to chime in on their recollections.

Bob
Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hi Bob,
Actually, you are correct about annual Ione in October. However over the past decade or so we use to do our yearly big meetup in September. Last year we delayed and got off kilter by a month on schedule combined the "yearly" with Ione. I'm attempting something together for our yearly and at the request of some of the folks who were down in Monterey last week from the CV region. A few there have been asking to connect with NorCal for a while now on some sort of joint meetup. The best option might be to do both, maybe September somewhere closer to CV/Bay, and the annual meetup in Ione in October.

We might not do Ione in September if we can come up with something closer between us and Central Valley; and pending any feedback from the bay are folks to see if they want to do something in the middle of us, CV, and the Bay. I'm waiting for Alan D. and some of the guys down there to get back to us in CV. Sort of depends if anyone responds or wants to do our yearly again; or not.

Last edited by decooney; 08-24-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Either way, I'm in.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 08-24-2012, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     

Hi Duane,

Count me in and my son with his '65 Fastback, if thats cool...Looks like Sept will be a great month, we are doing Kingdon on Sept 8th.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by venum14; 08-24-2012 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Duane,

I'm up for another road trip to Murphy's! I believe it was in '07 that we met up with the CV group and stayed at the Murphys Historic Hotel & Restaurant

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 08-24-2012, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 5.0 Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default breakfast

My first time on this site as i just purchased a FF out of Alabama. Would like to get together w/other cobra owners. What is happening September 8 and yes, i'd like to meet up for breakfast in Ione.
Murray
Old 08-24-2012, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4596
Not Ranked     

Duane,

I'm in for whatever you decide.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
Duane,

I'm up for another road trip to Murphy's! I believe it was in '07 that we met up with the CV group and stayed at the Murphys Historic Hotel & Restaurant

Good idea. Was looking at the map tonight and came up with that same general area again too. Could be a decent drive for the CV group. If we save Ione for October we could do Murphy's again for our September yearly. I'll check with a few of the CV crew again to see if they are interested in making it out to Murphys. Didn't we stay over last time - so they let us park the cars there in the hotel lot? I am confusing the years now. Will need to see if MHH will help clear a place for us to park if we don't stay the night. I was thinking a day trip really. Could be the ticket.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fong View Post
Duane, I'm in for whatever you decide.
Hi Danny,
If you could check in with the EDH crew and let them know we are considering Murphys again for our September yearly, its possible a few might be interested. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Good idea. Was looking at the map tonight and came up with that same general area again too. Could be a decent drive for the CV group. If we save Ione for October we could do Murphy's again for our September yearly. I'll check with a few of the CV crew again to see if they are interested in making it out to Murphys. Didn't we stay over last time - so they let us park the cars there in the hotel lot? I am confusing the years now. Will need to see if MHH will help clear a place for us to park if we don't stay the night. I was thinking a day trip really. Could be the ticket.
Yeah, we stayed over and parked in their lot. It was Halloween and some of the locals got into it with Pat and Jamo (or maybe Pat and Jamo got into it with them ). Pat's car broke down on hwy 4 over the summit on the Saturday drive and was towed. Oh yeah, and it rained that night.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Sounds like fun!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1038--sold
Not Ranked     

Can't make Sept 15th, but hope to see a few of you the next weekend at Perry Creek for their Uncork the Cobra event,
Old 08-25-2012, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     

Bunyip,

Sept. 7-9 is the 7th annual return to Kindon in Lodi. It is a drag race festival, car show and swap meet at the old air strip. Check it out: kingdondrags.com
Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DC,

Is this going to be an overnight breakfast?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good question. I was thinking a day run, but that does not preclude someone from staying overnight Friday to Saturday. I have not called to see if they have any rooms open. If a few of us stayed over, it would shrink the drive-out group a little. I'm game either way. I was just planning on getting up early to take a nice cool drive out there.

As per your question, its possible a few others might stay overnight. Let's see if anyone here replies. You thinking of staying over?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

Duane, at Monterey, I talked to Mike Miramontes (BACC) and he mentioned something about your group heading possibly down to Alices around Sept. 9th???? Is this related to this thread or something else? - Herman
Old 08-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Good question. I was thinking a day run, but that does not preclude someone from staying overnight Friday to Saturday. I have not called to see if they have any rooms open. If a few of us stayed over, it would shrink the drive-out group a little. I'm game either way. I was just planning on getting up early to take a nice cool drive out there.

As per your question, its possible a few others might stay overnight. Let's see if anyone here replies. You thinking of staying over?
I wouldn't mind staying over Saturday night if there is any interest.... just have to find someone to watch the dogs. I'm also fine with a just a Saturday drive if that's what it comes down to.

Where are you think for breakfast? Does Ironstone have a restaurant, or are you thinking of the Historic Hotel?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Update: The Hotel is full except for a few historic rooms. Tentative Reservations for a day trip and breakfast are:

- Murphy's CA Historic Hotel
- Saturday Sept 15th
- 10am breakfast
- On the patio
- 15 people for breakfast so far...
- Car parking: Waiting to see if we can park in hotel lot again

If we get another batch wanting to attend, I'll ask to update the reservation to 20, etc. Waiting for another callback now.

Last edited by decooney; 08-25-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 289fia_cobra View Post
Duane, at Monterey, I talked to Mike Miramontes (BACC) and he mentioned something about your group heading possibly down to Alices around Sept. 9th???? Is this related to this thread or something else? - Herman

Hi Herman,
Unfortunately I missed Mike headed opposite directions at Monterey. We all had been trying to get the NorCal, Central Valley, and Bay Area groups together but it never came together as we just did not get synced up. Sept 9th is out for me personally but others might like to attend. Also, we decided to skip the Perry Creek thing this year to do something else.

For the future - I would really like to do Alice's with all the Bay area guys, for sure. I've missed it every time in the past. Maybe if they do it again in early October or something that would be cool; it would give me enough time to let others here in NorCal know to reserve that weekend. Thanks for brining it up. Not sure if you want to but you guys are very welcome to come to Murphys on Sept 15th if its something that would interest your crew down there. Let us know...so we can increase the breakfast reservation - Maybe we'll see you on the 15th at Murphy's CA?

Last edited by decooney; 08-25-2012 at 12:36 PM..