Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Memories,

Maurice
Old 12-08-2016, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2046; P.E. Aluminum 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Jim, do not take it to the guy in the back woods near Grass Valley. There are different size screws in the side of the window. He put the wrong size screws in and the window cracked again after 300 miles. Sorry, don't remember his name. I just remember he was way out in the woods. He would not stand behind his work.

Royce
Royce, do you mean Mustang Corral? If so, the bad review surprises me.

Ed, is there any distortion through the lexan and was intallation so much of a pain that you would never DIY again?

Duane, I too will be sorry to see my stickers go. Maybe that's partly why I'm dragging my feet on this.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance ford v8
Not Ranked     

I believe that Cobra Valley has PolyGlass Windshields for sale for Superformance and other cobra replicas.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Norris View Post

Duane, I too will be sorry to see my stickers go. Maybe that's partly why I'm dragging my feet on this.
Jim,
as I recall you attended every year of the Cobra Bash, and being you are probably one of these nicest people I think I've ever met on this planet (seriously), let me know when you get your new windscreen installed. Maybe I can come up with with close to a complete set for ya. I'll start digging around this weekend. I rat-packed some things, one last stash of shirts, a few stickers maybe, a handful of the dash plaque coins. Kept just a few on purpose for original all-5-year attendees only, just in case. Let me see, go get your windshield and I'll have it ready for ya.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2690 427R
Not Ranked     

hey Jim, mine is polycarbonate, harder than Lexan. has not scratched at all in 3-4 years. it was a pain to do, I would probably do it again. the glue is real messy. it has no distortion. hopefully it wont rain on the toy ride, i'll be there for you to see it.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2046; P.E. Aluminum 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Jim,
as I recall you attended every year of the Cobra Bash, and being you are probably one of these nicest people I think I've ever met on this planet (seriously), let me know when you get your new windscreen installed. Maybe I can come up with with close to a complete set for ya. I'll start digging around this weekend. I rat-packed some things, one last stash of shirts, a few stickers maybe, a handful of the dash plaque coins. Kept just a few on purpose for original all-5-year attendees only, just in case. Let me see, go get your windshield and I'll have it ready for ya.
Thanks for the kind words Duane. Right back at ya, without hesitation!
I'll let you know when I get the windshield installed. I did indeed attend every year of the Cobra Bash. What a blast that was. What ever you can come up with in the way of stickers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 3.1 Smeding/Dart 427W
Not Ranked     
Default Lexan Windshield

Jim, Steve Courtwright and I put my Lexan windshield and from Fast Freddies Fabrications. The cost was $450 but it is well worth it. I really like the new windshield

If you decide to order the watch and windshield I would be happy to come over and give you hand installing it

He did say that there will be a slight sanding on the sides to make it fit Superformance cars.
Here is his email

sales@fastfreddiesfabrications.com