Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2020, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

I check in regularly, also. I figured the weather would draw everybody out sooner or later! I've been doing some updates on my car over the last few weeks but am almost done and looking forward to seeing everybody. On the subject of build vs buy, to each his own is my opinion. I choose to build and will never regret the choice. I had a great time building my car, many years ago, and still enjoy tinkering around with updates every so often. It's nice to know your car inside out when something needs attention. Also, you can build a car for much less, exactly how you want it, in any color, IF you make a plan and don't fall into the "for just a little bit more I can do this or that" which can really get pricy! See you guys soon, Steve
Old 03-12-2020, 07:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Geez, this post sure went side ways. This was directed at Nor Cal guys and finally a few chimed in, the rest of you must be bored and looking for a conversation!.
Igofastr likes this.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 03-13-2020, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 427
Not Ranked     
Default Nor Cal

Hey Phil,

I view this site at least once a week. Still around, just not much to say. Went for a good drive last week but still looking forward to some warmer weather and more excuses to get the car out.

I must comment on the sideways part. I couldn't help but notice none of the builders who are advising against building are Factory Five owners. Building my car was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences I have had in my life! I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but thanks to a well designed kit and excellent advice here and from Factory Five, I have a really great driving and looking Roadster. If you have any desire at all to take on a project like this, I would highly recommend building a Factory Five Roadster. I will admit it takes perseverance, this is not an instant gratification project. But if you have the desire to complete it, and stick with it, you will be rewarded with the satisfaction of proudly driving a high performance machine that YOU built. It's kind of like the Jeep thing, you don't understand the feeling until you've done it. Just my opinion.

Brien
Old 05-10-2020, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA HiPo 289 with Shelby dual quad intake
Not Ranked     

Hey Phil,
your last post on this thread was almost 2 months ago and I’m just seeing it now that shows how often I get to the site. been so busy with other stuff, living in Auburn now and still working in the Bay Area and now all this COVID-19 stuff haven’t had much time to think Cobra.
How have you been? Are you still Cobra less? Or do you have a new project?
Old 05-10-2020, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Phil- Glad you still have an interest in Cobras. Hope you decide to buy another one soon, you are always one of the regulars at any of the get togethers. I'm open to meeting somewhere soon the only problem is the damn Covis issue makes it hard to do much more that meet and shoot the bull. Hopefully with the weather warming we can do something before long.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Rod, I've been good and no Cobra, however, who knows what the future holds.

Steve, Sounds good, I would like to get together and catch up. Hopefully soon!

Old 05-11-2020, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Wow!

Phil and Rod in the same post... that hasn't happened in a while! Glad you both are well.

Hey Phil, quit lurking... Unique has your new car!

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 05-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Phil, et al.

Still hanging around. Doing lots of projects at my house/barn.

I check in almost daily. Not much car related to post...unless you consider fixing the kids gocarts car related. I still go to work everyday...not as busy as in the past (thankfully), but it's starting to pick up.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Phill, with the state of the market, I'd imagin you could swing quite a sweet deal on a distressed Cobra right about now. I'm sure that insurance money must be burning a hole in your pocket! You could come out ahead.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 05-12-2020, 04:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, Been staying busy around the house (painting, pruning, repairing, etc) and bringing our daily drivers up to optimum standards (brakes, oil, etc). I haven't been thinking much about replacing the Cobra, but it sure would be nice to find a sweet deal somewhere.

Yall take care & stay well!

Old 05-26-2020, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 347
Not Ranked     

Variety sounds good, I need to pull the tank and swap out a fuel pump before I can go anywhere!! At this time the pump likes to just stop working..... I need to check and make sure I still have 12v at the pump!!