Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Sacramento Region Caravan to WSCB (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/87340-sacramento-region-caravan-wscb.html)

jrjmac1 05-02-2008 06:35 AM

I would like to join in on the ride from El Dorado Hills on Friday. I agree the 80 sucks, the 50 is MUCH better. Anytime is OK for me.

John

JJCobra 05-02-2008 09:02 AM

Maybe I'll try Big O in Cameron Park. I hear the Les Schwab off of Bradshaw knows what they are doing.

My car is more or less finished and I'm really looking forward to Reno. I would still like your used billboards to at least try them out and see if I would want a new set.

Thanks,

Jason

NorCal Cobra 05-02-2008 09:07 AM

For those leaving on Thursday, maybe we can meet at Mel's in Folsom and head up the hill. Lunch in Placerville sounds great!!!!

If someone wants to suggest a time and/or better place to meet, please reply with any suggestions.

Mike

maurice19 05-02-2008 09:29 AM

Jason, I sent you a pm
Maurice

Bxx1 05-02-2008 09:34 AM

I had very good luck with Les Schwab on Bradshaw in Sac. The tech who removed and mounted my tires was very carefull and knowledgeable. He considered it a privilege to work on my car. He was also the manager of the store as well.

Igofastr 05-02-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurice19 (Post 839451)
Hey Pat,

I just recieved a new set of Big Letters today and thought you might have some advice on where to have them mounted.

Maurice

Maurice,

I can't imagin how you would have burned through a set of those tires. :)

Actually, I just called Krause tires yesterday looking for a set. They're all out of rears...wonder why the rears keep getting used up? Hope they get a new set in before the BASH.

Igofastr 05-02-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurice19 (Post 839736)
Jason,
Pat had his done by Big O in Cameron Park, so I will check with Les Schwab in my area.
I would like for someone to get some use, free, out of my old Big Letters,yes.

So, is your car done?

Maurice

Maurice,

If Jason doesn't take your tires, and there is still tread on the rears, I may be interested...particularly if Krause doesn't come through. They said a new shipment comes in next week...we shall see.

Have a good one.

BTW, I plan on going up on Thursday, maybe I can meet up with the caravan as you pass through the Roseville / rocklin area.

maurice19 05-02-2008 01:08 PM

BXXX,
Thanks for the info

Igo,

Looks Like Jason will take them.
You should order a set of slicks for the track if you have your trailer.

See you guys up there.

Maurice

pgermond 05-02-2008 07:09 PM

I think we need a Big Letter Tire thread for Maurice and company........ :LOL:

For those interested in going up 50 on Friday, here is the the plan: Meet at Starbucks in El Dorado Hills at noon. We won't be waisting any time getting on the road so be there or be left behind. We'll get something to eat at South Shore, and from there it's either Carson City or Mount Rose to Reno.

Directions to Starbucks - East on 50, exit El Dorado Hills Blvd. / Latrobe Road. Stay on the 'Latrobe' exit lane, turn left at next light into 'Town Center', Starbucks on the left.

Danny Fong 05-03-2008 06:59 AM

I'll be there.

Danny

jrjmac1 05-03-2008 07:25 AM

I'll be there too.

John

SF_SN888KE 05-03-2008 08:22 AM

I'll be coming from SF on Thursday. Looking at meeting up with BACC or NorCal group. 80 is boring but more direct and makes the day shorter, less sunburn, and more tow trucks (1000 miles on motor and 500 miles on clutch). Will probably do lunch at Ikeda's in Auburn and gas up. Anyone heading that way on Thursday? Meeting location and time?

WTN4Racing 05-03-2008 10:25 AM

I'll be going up Thursday at noon, up Hwy 80. I'm leaving from the parking lot next to Tognotti's Auto World speed shop. That's at the corner of El Camino and Fulton in Sacramento just off busness 80. I'll be driving my Cobra, so if you need a rally point for running up 80 anyone is welcome.

Respectfully, Gary

decooney 05-03-2008 03:24 PM

About Friday arrivals...

For you guys coming up on Friday, two things to note:

1. More than Half of us will be at the Track already on Friday, not at the Nugget. It will be very scarce at the Nugget before 4pm Friday.

2. The "Alternate Friday Function" group leaves the JA Nugget at 9:30a.m. or so (lead by Cindrrrr) to do a drive to the National Auto Museum, then on to Virginia City, and stopping by the track at 1:30 to 2:00 as 2:00 is the time we are attempting the big photo shoot of attendees on Turn 7. (ID Badge Required to get in)

ID Badges REQUIRED:
So, make sure you stop by the Nugget BEFORE to get your check-in/ID Badge before you come to the track or they won't let you in as this is a private event.

FYI. DC

pgermond 05-03-2008 05:19 PM

DC - We'll have one hell of a party waiting for yall when you get back to the Nugget :LOL:

maurice19 05-03-2008 05:34 PM

Phil,
I`ll be there with my Big Letters, smile

Maurice

decooney 05-03-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgermond (Post 840181)
DC - We'll have one hell of a party waiting for yall when you get back to the Nugget :LOL:

Hey Phil. Will it be PG rated? Heheheh, pun intended.

Party is right. I plan to get back from the Track a tad early myself to help get the concert band area set up for the Howlin' Alan Band. I hope everyone likes them. They play every year at the Sacramento Auto Show and for a big yearly private gig in Tahoe once a year. They sure know how to play to the type of crowd, and a few of them are true car guys. Should get interesting between 7-10pm after everyone gets back from dinner and ready to Rock out a bit. Can't wait to hear the guitars wail in there a bit...and louder as it gets later until we have to turn them off or until the police come and tell us to shut 'er down. :D

Mr Monster 05-07-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jperickson2001 (Post 839593)
Kurt was having child care problems and said he can't go to the bash till Friday evening. Too bad because he will miss his track spot :mad:-John

Yes, the rumor is true... No track day for me :CRY:. I actually contemplated about going up for the day and coming back home and then going back up...but that'd be a little Krazee. :JEKYLHYDE.

We are leaving Friday & going up 50 around noon.

Kurt

maurice19 05-07-2008 11:33 AM

Kurt,
I say go for it, just two or three hundred extra miles for a young guy to have a great track day.

Maurice

jperickson2001 05-07-2008 08:38 PM

Now if you ask me what I would do, I would drive up, back, and up again. But then again I did 2500 miles in 48 hours in the Cobra too, so I'm a little whacked my myself.%/ Go for it Kurt! :eek:-John