Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Sacramento Region Caravan to WSCB (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/87340-sacramento-region-caravan-wscb.html)

Terry Brown 05-14-2008 07:54 AM

We've got a group gathering at K-Mart in Grass Valley. Leaving at 11 AM Thursday. Going up Hwy 20 and finishing on 80. Nice drive.

All welcome to join us!!:o

pooreds 05-14-2008 08:25 AM

O.K. Mike, 1:00 at Mels sounds good. Lunch in P-ville or South Shore, (Beacon at Camp Richardson is really cool, right on the water?) see ya tomorrow. Ed

SF_SN888KE 05-14-2008 08:34 AM

Just as a reminder, the BACC Pleasant Hill group will be leaving around 10AM, stopping for lunch at Ikeda's in Aurburn around 12-1PM if any NorCal Cobra's or singles want to meet.

Terry, if you drive slow .... we could meet you on 80 at the Summit/Borel area or Truckee, 76 Station Central Truckee exit.

My cell is 415-370-7654 if anyone is interested in cobra-vanning with us. :cool:

Clear skys, the wind in our backs, and no breakdowns! See you all at the BASH!!! **)

NorCal Cobra 05-14-2008 10:11 AM

Ed,

I hate to do this, but would you be willing to leave from Mel's a little earlier than 1:00.....say 12:00????? It would give us some extra time for things like traffic, road construction, lunch, pit stops ...........

Mike

scootter 05-14-2008 10:50 AM

Rodney,
I emailed the other guys to see if that works. I will be out of the office for the rest of the day, so I will try to get one of the others to respond to this thread.
If anything we could at least meet there around twelve, and if it doesn't look good go up the road further. I talked with a buddy of mine that is familiar with the area. He suggested one of those places in Jackson with the furthest place being the golf place in Pioneer. After that, he said there isn't much.
Scott

randall enstrom 05-14-2008 01:09 PM

Going up Thursday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgermond (Post 839433)
Going up hwy 50 on Friday... around noon.

Anyone going up Thursday and if so, when and via 80 or 50? Making the trip alone and know there's safety in numbers.

thudmaster 05-14-2008 02:22 PM

Randy, most of this group is headed up on Thurday, While a few of us are heaed up on Friday..........:)

CJ428CJ 05-14-2008 02:58 PM

Okay, most of us leaving from the Rock House and heading up 88 have conferred. We'll leave Livermore at 10:00. That should put us in Jackson around 11:30-11:45. We'll plan on lunch at Mel and Fayes. Anyone that's interested can meet up with us there.

Chris

NorCal Cobra 05-14-2008 05:22 PM

Hey Ed,

I sent you a PM. Can you leave Folsom at 12:00? Sorry for the change. You can call me or replyy to the thread.

Randall - Your welcome to join us as soon as we hammer down the exact departure time from Folsom.

Were taking US 50

Mike

randall enstrom 05-14-2008 07:29 PM

Mike,
I'm in Pilot Hill which is 20min from El Dorado Hills, so shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep checking the site to see if you guys have set a time/meeting place. Look forward to seeing all. I have taken 80 the past 3yrs and look forward to a scenic change. Thanks.
Randy

Paul F 05-14-2008 08:45 PM

I was going to meet up with the Friday El Dorado group. But with it being so hot, going thru Tahoe and Carson City traffic in the sweltering heat isn't that attractive. I'd rather keep moving on 80.

So I'm going to take 80 on Friday. I'll probably be in the Sacramento area by 12:00 or so. If anybody wants to meet me somewhere east of Sacramento, let me know.

NorCal Cobra 05-14-2008 08:48 PM

Randall---

Sounds good. We'll shoot for Mel's at noon. I'll wait to hear back from Ed first. Once we have a set time, we can schedule to meet you if you don't feel like backtracking to Folsom.

We could pick you up on a US 50 exit in Placerville or whatever exit works for you.

Mike

randall enstrom 05-15-2008 07:22 AM

Thursday at Mel's!

Mike,
Thursday at Mel's sounds great. I'll see you guys at noon. I don't mind backtracking as it is not too far. You can call my home if there are any updates, but will keep checking the site as well. (916) 933-7731 (wife's name is Susan). Thanks again.

Randy

NorCal Cobra 05-15-2008 09:19 AM

OK----

Time and place is set. Mel's in Folsom at noon. We are heading up highway 50 and having lunch in South Lake Tahoe.

Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. Mel's is on Folsom Boulevard approximately 2 miles from highway 50.

Mike

Danny Fong 05-15-2008 09:41 AM

Paul,

So Lake Tahoe is projected to be around 75 tomorrow, so it should be pretty comfortable once we start heading up the hill. So if you change your mine, you know where we'll be.

Danny

pooreds 05-15-2008 09:41 AM

Yes, Mel's at noon is very good. Hope there is a shady place to park. Hope my air conditioner is working well. :CRY::cool: ED

Mr Monster 05-15-2008 05:57 PM

Day - Friday
Time - 12:00
Local - Starbucks El Dorado Hills/Latrobe Turn Off Highway 50

See you there & drive safe!

Kurt -

breadcrumb 05-15-2008 08:24 PM

Kurt,

if you make it by 11:45 I buy you a coffee at Starbucks, if not you buy me dinner.:)

Uwe

Mr Monster 05-15-2008 09:52 PM

Uwe,

I'll take a grande mocha, better put it on ice....it's gonna be Hot!

Kurt -

breadcrumb 05-16-2008 11:06 AM

Kurt,

Since when you have a grande mocha for dinner?

Uwe