Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     
Default Andy Teal

I received a call from a mutual friend, Andy Teal passed away this morning.
A truly nice guy, I know he will be greatly missed.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr-347
Not Ranked     

Andy's son Tyler called me this morning while Andy was on life support. Somehow, it just doesn't seem true, but I know it is. Andy got a chance to cruise Hood canal last monday as posted on the site and I know he enjoyed the drive with the fall colors and the roar of his 427-a good memory for sure. He liked to tease me about the K-Mart mirrors he thought I was sticking on my roadster-and when I look at my paint I'll remember the many times he made the 3 hour round trip drive to help me get my paint on. Everyone that met the guy remembers what a big heart he had - we'll miss you buddy!

Bob
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I didn't get a chance to meet Andy in my short time as a Cobra owner in the PNW. He sent me tickets to go to the Historics Race in Kent this last summer and I could tell he was a "giver". He will be missed! So now he knows for sure if God drives a Cobra or not.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Andy Teal

We were shocked to hear of Andy Teal's passing today. He was a close friend for many years. We first met him at a SAAC Convention in Portland, Oregon and have been friends ever since. We had just visited with him at the Monroe Swap Meet, where he seemed determined to start working on his concept car. Andy loved life, his family, and his Cobra and Land Rover's. He was always building (or rebuilding) one of his vehicles, in between his travels and his love of photography. We are happy to hear he was able to get his Cobra out and run it before his passing. We had made plans for him to come to Bellingham with the Cobra and to go on a cruise up to Baker with him. We are deeply saddened by his sudden passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his children, his wife, and his family and all his car buddys. He was a heck of a nice guy and always took the time to ask how you were doing, and he loved to talk about cars and anything else you wanted to chat about. He will be greatly missed. Cathi and Greg
Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Damn, what a shame.

Andy was so outgoing and always made everyone feel comfortable and welcome.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Andy and his family.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What a shock. Andy was one of the nicest people you will ever meet. His post about the Hood Canal cruise made me smile. I can picture him cruising around looking for a cloud that would get his car wet (if you ever cruised with Andy, you know what that means). He will be missed by his many friends.

If anyone hears about funeral arrangements, please post them here.

Jim

Last edited by jwd; 10-27-2010 at 08:18 AM..
Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

What a huge loss! Andy was a great man and always had a smile on his face. I always looked forward to our conversations at Cobra runs or the occasional phone calls. He had such a love for life and it was infectious. His love of the Cobra and motorsports was just a medium to invest in personal relationships and it showed. I feel blessed to know him and to be his friend. You will be missed.

Jake
Old 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Andy and I were friends for years, even after I moved back to Colorado we kept in contact every couple of weeks. I saw him in May when I was out there visiting my Dad. I just talked with him about a week ago.

Andy was a great friend! I do not know of anyone that met Andy that did not enjoy his company, always happy and upbeat a pleasure to be around. He was always up for a Cobra cruise even if it meant just the two of us going somewhere when others backed out. And the man had a love with motorsports and especially family and friends.

The last time I talked with him he was was telling me about the Hood Canal cruise and Bonneville...he loved the salt flats racing.

GOD I miss him...his infectious laughter...his out look on life in general...

May GOD bless him and his family.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

I can't believe it. Andy was a great guy and I always looked forward to hangin out with him. I guess it's like the song says, "the good they die young". He will be greatly missed by all.
Untill we ride again my friend.

Ray
Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #SP01133, Blue with white stripes, 351W
Not Ranked     

Andy will be missed he was always prodding us all along to get out there and enjoy our cars and friends. Debbie and I are glad we had the privilege of spending some time with him. The way he lived and treated us all as though we were all old friends from the moment we met him should be an inspiration to all of us.
Andy thanks for the memories.
Scott
Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just made it to Yuma with out any trouble and I hear this. Not the way I wanted to finish my trip. Andy was a hell of a good friend. You could always count on his smile and laugh. Even if he could'nt bring his car he would show up at Cobra meets to see his friends. You will be missed my Friend.

Fred & Brenda
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Thank you Jake for thinking of me and letting me know about Andy. Here was a man who was a friend. Andy was surely a friend to us all. I can't help but thank God for the many great people I have been blessed to meet because of a car. Cobra's are far more than what they appear. Lifetime friendships are built around them and the testimonies of men like Andy, Steve, and others show that to be so. We don't know if we have tomorrow. Andy lived in that understanding. Kindness, friendship, and going out of his way to make another feel good says volumes about the heart of a person. He was never to buisy to call or just stop in. I trust that the mercy of God and the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ are upon him.

In reguards to a previous comment, I don't think God drives a Cobra, It's that snake thing that screwed us up in the first place But if He does I am sure He stomps on it!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, MKIII, Carbed 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

Sad news, he will be missed.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Good Guy

Hi,
Very sad to hear of Andy's passing. He will be remembered by his COBRA Family also.
Perry.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Man, this is just really sad. Andy was a great person and as others said, always had a smile on his face and loved to share. I don't really know what else to say except....life is short. Live it as Andy did, making friends and enjoying life.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1972 De Tomaso Pantera
Send a message via ICQ to Lebeter Send a message via AIM to Lebeter Send a message via MSN to Lebeter Send a message via Yahoo to Lebeter
Not Ranked     

It was truly disheartening to hear about Andy this morning. I'm more than grateful I was able to meet Andy while he was here. In one long day with Andy it was obvious he didn't know a stranger, and had a zeal for life. He will be remembered by the many he knew.

This is the best picture I have of Andy till someone can put up another. If you need me to help you host the picture, send me a pm.

Chris

Last edited by Lebeter; 10-29-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Very sad. I was just looking at some photos yesterday provided by Andy from the Cobra Bash. He took a lot of neat shots, but I could not find any good ones of himself. Great guy, very sorry to hear this.

Maybe someone could post a nice photo of Andy here?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Markll non doner build,Ford Racing 392,tremec TKO,8.8w/3;73s,Baer brakes,Black w/silver stripes,w/carbon fiber,gauges,spats,hood soop,door panel inserts.
Not Ranked     
Default Andy

I am shocked and saddened to here about Andy. He was a supper nice guy and always fun to be around.He had a passion for life and loved people,cars and this great country that we live in.He will be missed. MadDog
Old 10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadsters/60 over 429 scj
Not Ranked     

I live less than a mile from Andys house and he would drop by quite often,We would wonder into my Garage and stare at Hot rods, Talk Shelbys and come up all kinds of projects we didnt have a chance in heck of getting off the ground.He always seemed to have a childs smile of wonder about him whenever we talked .Ill miss him often.

PS: if he does have a funeral and the family wouldnt mind how many Cobras could we get shaking the ground.Just a thought.I know he would love it.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Ask Kate or Tyler. If I lived closer I'd come to honor a friend and a great memeber of the Cobra community.
C'mon guys get those cars out, rain or shine...I know he'd be honored and a bit shy about the fuss over him.... a fitting tribute to a friend to many.