Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Day 2 dawned with clear skies much to everyone's relief. We were at the NAPA shop a little after 8 and picked up the new alternator and the correct size battery. Too bad they couldn't take the non-fitting battery back but can't really blame them. So two batteries and one alternator later we were back on the road. All the parts went in without a hitch and Tom didn't even crush a finger getting the serpentine belt back on using a screwdriver to lever up the idler.
The weather stayed in our favor for the entire day. We stopped in Newport for lunch and met up with some of the Cascade Cobras folks who had driven over from the Willamette Valley to meet us. Great lunch by the bay in Newport where we could watch one of the local seals fishing for lunch and some folks throwing crab pots into the harbor.
At this point my camera gremlins put in an appearance in the form of an iffy battery and I was unable to do much by way of stills. Really hate it when that happens because day 2 was over some really great coastal scenery. My video camera continued to work but it'll be several days yet before I get the videos compiled.
Did manage to get a couple of shots but they don't really do the scenery justice.

Coming into Waldport over the bridge.

Just cruising down the coast.

Got into the hotel and everyone had a chance to clean up before we all got together for the buffet. I know Matt got more than his money's worth and I'm sure a couple more folks did as well.

Last edited by DonC; 08-22-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Day 3 dawned overcast again but it was supposed to clear off.
We managed to get a shot of the stars of the trip in the parking lot before we headed out.

Once on the road again we retraced the lower half of the day 2 route but backwards so we could see what we'd missed in out rear view mirrors.
We went over bridges

Through tunnels

Along the highway cut into the coastal cliffs

Over more bridges

And along more coastal roads.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Coming into Newport from the south took us over the Newport Bay Bridge which was sort of cool since it was just rising out of the fog.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We had a very pleasant lunch in Lincoln City and we were off on the final leg back over to I5 and home.
Just as we were leaving Lincoln City we drove out from under the overcast and back into sunny and rapidly warming weather going over the coast range.

A quick stop in Grande Ronde to peel off most of our cloths because it was pushing 80+ and we were back on the way towards Salem and I5 north. We got through Salem with no trouble and were running well up the freeway until we go about a mile from Wilsonville.
I had forgotten about the construction at the I5 and I205 junction. We hit the back of a 6 mile 3 lane traffic jam with the temp pushing 90 degrees. On the plus side this is sort of my back yard so I was able to lead us off the beaten path and around the mess and got everyone back on I205 and heading north before I shunted off at my exit.

All in all another great Cobra trip. Great people (as always), great cars and weather that by and large cooperated. None of our problems created any major delays and we couldn't have asked for much more.
Thanks to everyone on the run. It goes without saying that Cobra folks make up about the best group of people I've ever had the pleasure of associating with.

DonC
Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

Gay and I were also stuck in the backup around Centrailia and Chehalis. Right after we merged onto I5 from I205 we had to stop at the first rest stop for a quick break. Then back on the road. We exited at Tumwater and took the Yelm Hwy through Yelm, McKenna, and Roy to get home. This was a superb trip. Thanks a lot Jake and Kim for organizing such a great event. I can't wait til next year. Matt--Thanks for the short cuts through Salem. And Thanks Don for showing us Washingtonians a way around the Portland I5 backup. Great time savers to a long drive day.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Not Ranked     

Sherry and I stopped in Longview to visit family then headed home at 7:00PM. Got stuck in I5 traffic and finally got home abouyt 10:30PM. I really need to learn the back roads! We enjoyed the cruise and the great new friends we met. Looking forward to the next cruise.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2773 Ford Racing 427W
Not Ranked     

We went back the coast ,it was a mess from Cannon Beach to Astoria. Cut up throught Yelm, Roy, got home at 7:40. Donita never got out of the cobra from Lincoln City to home. Thats 7 hours. It was a great weekend, thanks Jake , Kim and all who went along. Hope Brent got hone before the rain before the rain. SPF # 2773 Jerry
Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #SP01133, Blue with white stripes, 351W
Not Ranked     

Debbie and I had a blast. Jake and Kim thank you for putting this trip together. It was great to spend time with wonderful people and head turning cars.
We are looking forward to the next outing.
Scott
Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

At about 9pm we made it to Cannon Beach and cut across on the highway there as it was raining on us. It sucked! Drove to Olympia and stayed at my folks house (got there about 1:30am. Left the hospital where my dad went in today at 1pm and it sprinkled on us nearly the whole way home but didn't poor.

Thank you Jake for setting all this up!

Here's a few pics.

Title: Different angle on the Kirkham
Description: Kirkham on the bridge near Astoria.
Different angle on the Kirkham - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: At the roundabout in Seaside, Oregon
Description: Seaside, Oregon
At the roundabout in Seaside, Oregon - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: 2011 Coastal Cruz
Description: Seaside Oregon
2011 Coastal Cruz - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Description: Seaside Oregon

Title: Scott and Debbie
Scott and Debbie - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: A different take on Jake's Cobra
A different take on Jake's Cobra - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: My Lovely Wife in Florence
Description: She drove the Kirkam Sunday morning.
My Lovely Wife in Florence - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: Brent with my wife taking the picture
Brent with my wife taking the picture - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: Hey, another shot of me. Love the shirt!
Hey, another shot of me. Love the shirt! - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: Somewhere between Florence and Tillamook
Somewhere between Florence and Tillamook - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Title: Another shot at the beach
Another shot at the beach - AutoMotoMedia Gallery

Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jake and Kim for setting up a wonderful trip down the coast. It was great meeting everyone and making new friends. Cobra people are the greatest. Looking forward to the next run. Love all the pictures.

Steve and Penny
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Gotta Love all that blue in the pictures... blue skys, lots of blue cars, blue stripes, and even an aluminum Cobra that reflects blue skys to look blue! Man did my blue cobra ever miss out last year. Not again in 2012.

Blue Cobra Cheers!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default Blues

Gotta Love all that blue in the pictures... blue skys, lots of blue cars, blue stripes, and even an aluminum Cobra that reflects blue skys to look blue! Man did my blue cobra ever miss out last year, & has the blues.

Not again in 2012,
Blue Cobra Cheers!