Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-09-2001, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     
Default Bish & Walt's 'Indian Summer' Cobra Cruise

Bish and I still haven't gotten over the Oregon Cobra Club trip to Eagle's Crest. It was such a blast! We've decided that if we get a nice indian summer weekend on the 29th & 30th of September, we want to get in one more over-nighter before the damp, gray curtain descends. The weather is the missing factor in our plans. So if it's crappy, we bail. If it's dry, and kinda nice, we're on.

We realize that there is much going on this time of year, kids are back in school etc. etc. but, if anyone wants to join us, we'd love to have you. Here's the plan... leave saturday morn on the 29th from Bish's place in Mt. Vernon and head north. Take the North Cascades highway and then down the Methow valley to Winthrop. Stay the night there. Sunday, drive south through Chelan and then west to Leavenworth. At that point, we'll head south to Snoqualmie pass and Bish will stay on highway 2 over Stevens.

Bish has graciously offered his place as a crash pad on friday night for those who want to come up that day. Denise and I plan to do that.

So there you have it! We might be a 'group' of just 2 cars but if any of you can join in, it would be great and a wonderful way to end the the 'cobra summer' of 2001. Let us know.

Walt
Old 09-09-2001, 08:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default What he said..........

This is the best time of year to "do" the North Cascades Hwy. It's WAY cool, but not TOO cool and the trees should be starting to change.

I have spent too much $$$$ this summer on my car and fun, if you are like me you guys have too, so let's do this one on the cheap. You'll notice that Walt has offered my house as a Crash Pad for the run, (well I guess that makes sense since I am to the north) what he didn't say was that he made me promise to provide my "World Famous North Country Breakfast". What does he care that I have to get up at 4 A.M. to get it ready. He has a wife who cooks for him! But if you liked the ribs earlier this summer, you will love the North Country Breakfast.

So let us know if you are going to make the run, all are welcome to Crash here on Friday night, just bring your sleeping bags, (Tomsic has already claimed the guest bedroom, now we're down to the kids rooms and the den). We ain't fancy here, but we have room. When I know how many are coming, I may put out an emergency call for air mattresses.

A word of warning! Friday night, September 28th is the the date for the annual "Charades Championships" at the Wheeler houshold. Anyone caught on the property at sunset will be pressed into service for the championships and no excuses will be tolerated.

Ya'all come,

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 09-09-2001 at 08:57 PM..