Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: looking
Not Ranked     

Yes West Seattle has i license office. When i originally titled car from Texas in 2004, I did take to Bellevue and have it inspected. So when I went to West Seattle office recently I was just trying to find out procedure. Really if car has been titled and registered in Washington why do we have to go thru procedure again, if first time was good enough to be titled why again. I thought this whole idea was to make it easier and less of a hassle for these kits, hot rods and classics. I still think a special day for the retitling, whether in Bellevue or whereever is a good idea. The more the merrier. Waiting to hear more.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     

Newms, thanks for the info. I understand previously inspected cars not wanting to have to go thru another inspection. I don't know what final resolution we can get concerning that. At this point it's unclear if there is a roadblock with WSP or not since DOL only dropped their opposition Nov. 2. I've been dealing with a personal problem that will probably prevent me from scheduling an inspection for myself for another couple of weeks. Mastiff- I'm real tired of your naysaying. Did you put in long time and effort to get 5585 passed? It was difficult, but we got it done. If I took your negative attitude about my life I would have missed out on a lot of opportunities. Thanks to all of you that helped get 5585 passed. I'm not done with this.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Re-titling

Sounds like we need to call the state attorney general, or maybe get SEMA's legal council to call the attorney general.

Dale McBain
SPF469
Old 11-21-2011, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

First of all sorry if I insulted anyone. This battle to retitle under 5585 has been a long one. It has tried my patience and I appreciate the support that many of you have given to this bill. I think we are at the finish. I called Bellevue WSP inspection today. The inspector was well aware of DOL's recent reversal on retitling. He said inspections to change from kit car to custom could be scheduled now. It sounded like a full VIN inspection was not required and they would just determine if your car qualified for custom classification and the year change. Their first open date is Dec. 5. Please let us know if you get thru this.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

Is there a person in Olympia DOL we can direct our local COL agent to call if we run into an issue?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes,
Sheila Hadden (360) 902-3718. She is the DOL Operations official that OK'd retitles. You will need WSP sign off on 5585 eligibility and year assignment (you replicate a vehicle at least 30 years old).

Last edited by SwiftDB4; 11-21-2011 at 06:21 PM..