Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2016, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Doc View Post
Does not surprise me. I had a guy in a Dodge ľ ton pickup pull out in front of me in Gig Harbor as I was coming up Soundview drive and purposely stop, diagonally in the road. I almost hit him. I say he did it on purpose, because when I pulled alongside of him at the light near Olympic and WA 16 he was laughing!! I was pissed to say the least! He quickly entered 16 East-bound as my wife tried to calm me down. There are plenty of jerks out there!!
I've had a few instances of unjustified road rage, myself. These cars seem to make some people really happy & Piss others off.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
These cars seem to make some people really happy & Piss others off.
You got that right.
About a year ago I was filling up at a gas station. As I was exiting, a young homeless man was giving me the finger with a straight arm, following me as I pulled out of the apron, for absolutely no reason other than I was in a Cobra and he was homeless (at least I think that's why).
Old 08-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
You got that right.
About a year ago I was filling up at a gas station. As I was exiting, a young homeless man was giving me the finger with a straight arm, following me as I pulled out of the apron, for absolutely no reason other than I was in a Cobra and he was homeless (at least I think that's why).
About the only close call that I've had was when I was stopped at a light and a car came up from behind me, the light still being red, tried to brake/slow down while simultaneously taking a pic of my car.

The whole distracted driving thing, specifically checking texts, emails and using the phone is an epidemic.

I haven't seen anyone that's gotten mad at my owning a Cobra yet.

Last edited by RodKnock; 08-26-2016 at 10:22 AM..
Old 08-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I haven't see anyone that's gotten mad at my owning a Cobra yet.
Uhhh, it pisses me off a little bit.
RockBit likes this.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Uhhh, it pisses me off a little bit.
Well, if I could conjugate a verb, gee whiz.

Well, I haven't "seen" anyone get mad. Of course, those that might want to get mad at me for owning Cobra may look at the uncontrollable anger in my facial expression when I'm out and about with my car and just simply stay away from me.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
Have you seen all the distracted drivers these days!? It's mind boggling... People cannot put down their ****ing phones.
You've got that right - it's getting worse and now people are playing Pokémon Go and driving.

Just a couple weeks ago I was on a highway in my daily driver. A car in front of me got my attention because he was drifting out of lane and then correcting repeatedly. There were no cars in the left lane and a wide shoulder on the inside so I pulled up beside him. He was texting away on his phone, so I hit the horn. He looked up panicked - obviously scared the hell out of him. We made eye contact and he figured out it was me that beeped so he gave me the finger. I just stared and shook my head. Felt real good. Scaring distracted drivers could become my new hobby.
RodKnock likes this.