Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2002, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Geez

OK Bish, rub it in. Just because I don't have a car ready doesn't mean I'm with the program. I don't want to become another Walt "where is it????!" All in good fun Walt. The GT won't be ready for this run but we're ready to whip out the Honda Civic or the ML320! Bring it on, the Nippon fireball with 150k miles is ready. Hell, even the southern born, german designed All Activity Vehicle, thats Mercedes for SUV, can give your Chevy blooded, English born "roadster" a run for it's money. "Roadster" sounds kinda whimpy. Surely not as impressive as All Activity Vehicle!

How long before this outing?????
Old 01-31-2002, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Oh geeeeezzz

I forgot... An appropriate chase vehicle carries Martini's, "Shaken, not stirred!"

I've been trying to fit some pin-drives to the Honda but no one seems to be able to help. I'll put a rookie stripe on the front quarter if necessary...
Old 01-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Hey Rich!

I was hoping you would sign on, great. With all the wives and S.O.'s going we may have to have two chase cars to carry all the suitcases! Linda will be glad that your wife is going. She likes men alright, but conversations about h.p. and tire size tend to make her doze off.

I'm building a GT-40 Neal

Shine up what ever it is you're going to drive and you can be our point car......The Designated Speeder

Zderf???

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 01-31-2002 at 09:14 PM..
Old 02-01-2002, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Talking OK, I'm In

Guess I've been having a hard time looking that far forward, what with the weather, the unfinished tasks on the fiberglass currency pit, and inner grief that yet another year is upon us. Maybe its male menopause.

So, count me in. I'll have to sell the wife on it... she may go, hard to say. I have it listed on the calendar now anyway.

I'll look forward to additional details, as well as the next gathering... but thats another thread, eh?

Zderf
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Male Menopause..........

Zderf,

Well winter will be over before you know it. Amazing what a little sun shine and dry roads will do for the spirits. I know June is still pretty far away, but this thing is gonna take a bit af planning and we wanted to give everyone the needed lead time. Glad you're going to make it, hope you wife will join in. Had to do quite a bit of talking to Linda (promises of regular "non yuckie Potty stops" and motels other than "Ed's beds"). You are now on the list. Now if we can just get Roger to cool his foot box he will join in.

Bish
Old 02-02-2002, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish

Did I move and someone forgot to tell me.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Lost in the stars

As tough as it may be for the world to accept, there are two Fred Hamiltons who own Cobras, one lives in Oregon and the other, well, he is sort of a state of mind.

Hello Fred, how is your dog?

Bish
Old 02-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Bev is Liking Linda already and hasn't even met her! Funny how these women judge a place by it's bathroom. Reminds me of the time she wouldn't go into a rest area in Wyoming with stainless steel toilets in the middle of winter, about 6 below, I don't know if I would've been able to pry her off of it. After 6 years I still get flack for that rest stop.
Perry.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Look's like we will make it!

Di and I have managed to find a sitter that will tolerate our three little darlings for the duration of the Spring Fling. Zderf and Rich both turned us down!

Anyway for planning purposes I need to make sure I'ver got the Spring Fling 02' dates down properly. We will leave early on June 6th, have a blast for 5-days returning on Monday the 10th of June? Right?

Wow, Boise Idaho will never be the same after we leave town!

Kevin
Attached Images

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 02-02-2002 at 10:38 AM..
Old 02-02-2002, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm,
Babysit 3 little darlings or go on the Cobra trip of a lifetime.

Babysit...Cobra trip

Sorry Kevin...no contest. The offer to pay me in FE parts didn't help your case either.

Rich
Old 02-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kevin and Di

You have the dates correct, really glad you are gonna make the trip. Everything is of course still in the planning stages. We have to find the best bathroom facilities (non yukkie) to plan the routes, but the basic outline of the trip paints the picture.

If any of you guys and gals have suggestions of how you want this thing to look, don't hold back. Only one thing is cast in steel and that is we will leave for Boise at 0800 on June 6th, rain or shine!

Bish
Old 02-02-2002, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I'm watching all this and hopping we can come along . I committed my self removed the intake manifold and started grinding and sanding. Last Monday My mother who liveswith us plugged one of the upstairs toilets and flushed and flushed untill we guess 300+ gallons of water ran out .I'm up to my ass in repairs and damage Ceilings ,carpets.the walls are wet. I've eigtht fans and two dehumidifiers running since monday. The furniture is piled about to expose the floors The closets are emptied.My stuff in the basement is now drying infront of the pellet stove or in the hottub gazeboe.My diecast was stacked on the basement floor the boxes on the floor are trash.I have no room in my garage before all this. I think spring is comming too fast.Oh yea , I have to go to work. I hope it gets better than this.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy YIKES!!!

Quote:
Last Monday My mother who liveswith us plugged one of the upstairs toilets and flushed and flushed untill we guess 300+ gallons of water ran out .I'm up to my ass in repairs and damage Ceilings ,carpets.the walls are wet.
I'll never complain again... Holy Zamoly! Michael... my heart goes out to you.

Zderf
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OMG

Michael,

I'm so sorry to hear about the mess! My line of work puts me in contact with many people caring for cognitively impaired parents or spouses, so I know what you must be going through. I hope it all works out and the mess turns out be less than it appears. Stay tuned and if things work out it will be great if you can make the run.

Take care,

Bish
Old 03-11-2002, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Top

I've been in Montana and Idaho in July and hit some of the worse rainstorms I've seen. With the NW Spring Fling in early June I have a question. I'm curious if I will be the only Cobra that is going on the NW Spring Fling with only a new tarp in my boot, versus a real ragtop for my car?

If I have company having an impromptu picnic under a Freeway overpass to get out of the rain, I won't feel so bad. Any one else going with no top? "Top" that is for your car, not you woman! They don't ever need tops in my estimation...the car that is

Kevin
Old 03-11-2002, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy No Top Here

I'll have 2 $2.00 plastic drop cloths and my CCC Noah cover, both of which can melt on fresh hot pipes if one is not careful. See you and a number of other sans toppers under the overpass..... hope there's room!

Zderf
Old 03-11-2002, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Topless

Fred,

Great suggestion. I'll buy another tarp! Folding them back into the same size they were when new is impossible!

VISA or AMEX works well for entertainment until the rain stops if there is no room under the overpass.

Kevin
Old 03-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kevin,

I too will be topless. Gonna follow Zderf's lead and get a NOAH tarp. Part of the pre-planning will be to locate and note every overpass, overhang and covered parking garage along the route. I know that Walt Tomsic and Kim Pallister have rag tops, don't know about the rest of the gang.

The chase car will be a good place to store the tarps, unless "I'm bulding a GT-40 Neal" decides to bring that teeny tiny Honda.

Bish

P.S. I did a weather check for that time of year (over there) and it is pretty darn dry. Thunderstorms though, are another story. We will either have to find an underpass or drive faster.

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 03-11-2002 at 04:42 PM..
Old 03-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Zderf,

I've heard about the NOAH tarps, but where do you find them?

Bish
Old 03-12-2002, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Shaggy Dog Story

Bish, This is how it all started one fine day back in 2000:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...rnia+Car+Cover

I know Rich got one over the holidays.. don't know if Nelson is still at CCC, nor what the going rate is these days. Call at 800-423-5525.

Sorry to put you thru that!!

Zderf

Last edited by Zderf; 03-12-2002 at 07:30 AM..