Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default Spring Fling N.W

As going to the DV Spring Fling is not practical, we (Tomsic, Vincent and I) have cooked up what we think would be an outright blast. We work on the cars all winter, but driving them and socializing is what it is really all about, so we present the following:

June 20/24...changed to June 6/10 Thursday through Monday. A road trip that will take us East to Boise Idaho, then North through Sun Valley, the Sawtooths, Salmon and on into Missoula, then back to Seattle on I-90.

That is the VERY short version. The longer version (if you have a road Atlas, break it out and follow along): Depart Issaquah at 0800. I-90 to Ellensberg, then 82 to the Tri Cities and across the Columbia to Hermiston where we will pick up I-84 which takes us to Boise. Along the way is some great driving through the Blue Mountains, then high desert for a while as we work our way into Idaho. The total drive time is 7.5 hours at legal speeds, so arriving in Boise by 5 or 6 P.M. should be easy. The British car club of Boise has tentatively offered to meet us outside of town and lead us to a BBQ they will host. Also KBTV has expressed an interest in doing a piece on the thing (Boise is sometimes hungry for news) which will be up to the participants.

We will spend Friday getting to know Boise which is a very cool small city, also lots of interesting side trips to be had. Saturday, 0800 we depart Boise. At Mountain Home we pick up SR 20 (a great piece of road) which takes us to Magic City. Then N. on SR75 for the short run into Ketchum (Sun Valley) and on into the Sawtooth National Rec. Area. We will be running at around 6000' of elev. and going over Galena summit at around 8000'. We will pick up U.S. 93 near Challis, which will take us through historic Salmon, then up and over Lost Trail Pass (7000'). Now we're in the Bitter Root range on the continental divide and set for the run into Missoula. We may want to cut it short and stay in the town of Darby that night. Very hospitable town. The Tavern is on the left side of the highway and the eatery is on the right. "No problem", the owners of the tavern run across the street and get food for you.

Once in Missoula we head West on I-90 which takes us over Look Out Pass, back into Idaho and on to Spokane and Seattle.

So that's the idea. Still a lot of details to work out, but it will be a wonderful trip. We three are going, we will probably have a chase car as well, so think about it. It means you will have to takeThursday, Friday and Monday off, but as it is 5 months away it gives time to work it out. What do you think?

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 02-26-2002 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Practical??!!

Going to the Spring Fling in Ohio isn't "practical"???!!
Since when is practicality a requirement for Cobraphiliacs?
I was there last year with a friend in his SPF and I'll be back this year in my own, factory willing. This could put London, Ohio on the map (OK, OK, I'm sure they're on the map already for something else...but take my point.)
Anyway, practical or not, make it!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Oregonians

Bish,

Sounds like a blast.

Anyone from Oregon could meet you at Hermiston (I-84), run the loop and drop back down to I-84 from Spokane.

BTW, I love that stretch of road from from Missoula to Spokane, beatiful country!

I would be interested. Need to check summer schedule.

Mike
Old 01-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

Sounds like a plan. Hermiston would be the perfect place to meet the oregon cars.

I have driven the route and I can tell you that there is really not a bad part. I think the run up through Idaho is the most spectacular driving in the U.S.. Full of history and beauty and the occasional cold beer!

Bish
Old 01-23-2002, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

Bish, I think I can go. This would be the trip of a life time. Jay
Old 01-23-2002, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Bummer

Can't be gone that long in the cobra, because we can't take our dogs in it, and can't leave them alone that long.

Shorter hops only this summer
Attached Images

James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 01-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jayem

Great that you can make it. As time goes by we'll get a lot more "stuff" put together and will send out a packet in late April that will contain probable routes, lodging etc.etc.etc. The date looks like it will have to be changed to June 6th, the later date was crowding in on the 4th of July Holiday. So mark the 6th of June as the firm date. Thus far, with you, we have 6 Cobras and a chase car lined up to go. And you are so right, this will be a fantastic trip! Spectacular comes to mind!!!

B in B

What about a kennel? You dogs will probably be glad toget away for a while

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 01-23-2002 at 05:06 PM..
Old 01-23-2002, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Kennel a no go

Bish:

Our Rottweilers don't get vaccinations, because it is so destructive to their immune systems. We use naturopathic nosodes and suppliments and such...kennels require current vaccinations, (boosters) which have been discovered to NOT be required, even by many allopathic, traditional vets.

So, we can't kennel them. We will be getting a Warrior type trailer at some point, so we can take everyone on vacations, etc... even my POISSON girl, and our enduros, in the trailer

But this summer we are limited mostly to day trips..it's hard to find a good babysitter for 270 lbs of teeth and fur
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 01-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Hi Bish,
Would love to go but june 8&9 is the Old Time Drags in Ashcroft[interior of B.C., 1/2 way to Spokane] Would it be possible to do it the next weekend june 13 to 16 ?
Perry.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:01 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

I hope my car is ready by then!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Perry

It's gotta be the weekend of 8/9. Sorry, but no matter what we do we are in conflict with something and that weekend is the best
we can do. The next weekend is the XXX show in Issaquah and after that we were crowding the 4th of July Holiday. We could go on the 4th, but everybody and his dog will be on the road that weekend, so it has to be the the weeend of 8/9. You gotta make this one Perry, there will be other drags!!!

Brent

Get the damn thing finished, this run is gonna be an all time high.

Bish
Old 01-26-2002, 03:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     

OK.... This sounds too good to pass up, Pencil me and Bev in and I'll know for sure at the beginning of April. We have 2 Smooth Coated Collies we have to kennel also,but that shouldn't be a problem.
Perry.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A'lright Perry! This is gonna be a blast. We will get out more details and ask for input as we get closer. Why don't you come down and bunk here the night before we depart?

Bish
Old 01-27-2002, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll try and make it too. Won't know till the time approaches what my schedule is like.

K

"The pipes! THE PIPES!
WAIT TILL THE BOYS IN THE CHEVY'S GET A LOAD OF THOSE PIPES!"
- Bill Cosby
Old 01-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great Kim.

You're #9 on the "probable" list. We'll figure out a meeting place in Hermiston as time goes by.

Bish
Old 01-31-2002, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default June cruise

Bish, a friend of mine Mark Laine has a FFR and is very interested
in going, put his name down. Jay
Old 01-31-2002, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Talking Me too?

Can I be the support vehicle? I can keep up... really!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink Give it my best shot

Sounds like a lot of fun and would definitely be the longest trip with my Cobra. My 454 Chevy gets real loud.....ear plugs in order. I have it on my schedule and will know more as the year progresses. The trip through the Blues would be fantastic. Some years ago (before my Cobra days) I saw a Cobra Club roar through town and stop everyone in their tracks. What a kick!
USA
Old 01-31-2002, 05:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Holy Cow........

Four months to go and counting. I thought this was a great idea and figured we would get 5 or 6 cars to make the run, but already we have 11 (12 if you count "I'm building a GT-40 Neal).

Just so I can keep them straight and to see if anyone has been left off the "Pretty sure I can go" list, it is as follows:
(I'll just keep up dating here as time goes by)

1. Walt Tomsic
2. Keith Vincent
3. Perry (High Plaines Drifter)
4. Fred Hamilton (Oregon)
5. M&M (Oregon)
6. Jayem
7. Brent (If he gets it finished)
8, Kim Pallister (Oregon)
9. Mark Laine
10. Leep (loud is good)
11. I'm building a GT-40 Neal
12. Rich
13. Zderf
14. Blue Cobra (Kevin and Di)
15. Your Humble servant

I could have sworn Micheal Henry was on the list too, but I don't see him now, maybe he got lost in the server switch. Are you there Michael?

If I missed anyone, let me know. Neal, the chase at this point is my Toyota Avalon and a buddy of mine said he "may" be able to drive it, but that's still up in the air. Figured we should have a chase to carry tools, cold beer etc. etc. and people who need to get out of the sun now and then. This really does begin the look like a great trip.

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 02-02-2002 at 01:11 PM..
Old 01-31-2002, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Okay...I have to do this. Count me in!

I have one question...are there any closed wineries on the agenda?

Rich

P.S. My wife even said she'd go!

Last edited by Rich; 01-31-2002 at 08:00 PM..