Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 11:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

More then Welcome Jerry, I look forward to our get-together, anything else you need just ask, Tom.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2773 Ford Racing 427W
Not Ranked     

One form only per Club ? Who do I send the check to.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I believe Jerry as it gets closer to race time, we can go to Sovren site and register there, as we see there's a place to click on. To buy ticket's for corral, enter for racing etc. Again, I'll call Debbie, and make sure, I think we are just early, I have already registered our club and do have our site for the 12cars. under Club Cobra (NW Region) As this web site (in green) "watch for information here" SOVREN » Pacific Northwest Historics
Old 03-30-2018, 12:00 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I believe I mentioned here in a earlier post, Everyone has to register for each car separately , I just registered the "Club", and filled out my personal form separate, from the club info. On your form you filled out there's a address to send your check to. hope that answer's your question , Jerry. Tom.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Tom,

The Google SmartSheet I'm accessing using the link above, says "PLEASE RETURN ONLY ONE FORM PER CLUB" and looks like a club Car Corral registration form vs club participant form. Are they one in the same, or am I missing something?

K
Old 05-03-2018, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302
Not Ranked     

Happy to see that there is a renewed interest in the event. I have a brother that races Sovern and I'll definitely be there. Not sure about registration forms but do remember that registration (waiver?) took place at the track if you wanted to participate in the parade laps.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

@jayh, when I raced with Sovren (Alfa GTV), and had a extra couple mins (from working on the car , the first place I went was to the corral just to see the Cobra's Even before seeing my Alfa buddies. It look's like we will have a pretty good turnout. I found in the last 2-weeks (At car shows) 3-more new Cobra owner's, They all are up for the game, getting together for fun this summer, doing tours, car shows, etc. Last week, a mid-week car show here (Bremerton Airport) I called a couple buddies, and asked if they wanted to go, 3-Cobras & a Tiger showed up, & of course my V-8 Rx-7, till mine's done. If you need anything Jayh, just ask, Cheers Tom.
Attached Images

1795 likes this.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Purchased tickets for Saturday.
See you then.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Welcome dbbarrel, look forward to meeting all the PNW guy's. Bruce gave me two North West Cobra Club stickers. One is on the ol'failthful Rx-7, and the other is for my BRG Cobra. Quick question's boy's, anybody has a problem with (Ross's Tiger) joining us there? Usually not enough Tiger's to have their own spot, so has to park with the orphans. Cheers Tom.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302
Not Ranked     
Default Historics

I'm in for Sat. Just sent in my edited form and check.
Thanks
Jay
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Great Jay, look forward to meeting up, Brent (EM-0785) just sent me a request. So he's in too. Met up with Brent & his wife this last weekend at the LeMays auction (Sold my Hot-Rodded Cushman) yea, more Cobra money, and it went the "World of Wheels" Museum in Ore. Brent & I almost brought that ERA car there, out bid by a few dollars, like we thought you can never have TOO many Cobra's. Cheers Tom.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:56 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

A quick update, on the reg. request's. Everything is going smoothly, Debbie knows where to put our requests, we have as of yesterday 9-cars entered so far, Brent, Larry, and Duane, hasn't sent theirs in yet, but will do so this week. Look's good boy's. I discussed with Bruce, and coming in en masse, would be best. They will hear us, before they see us The last year (2013) everyone met at the Auburn Chevron, ask Bruce for asst. to get there, or we'll post here later. Those that went that last year, may also post any info here. Anything else that people can come up with to make this a fun event, please chime in. On a Serious note: The Pres. of Sovern (Good Friend) called me, when he found out I'm in charge of the wild boy's (Cobras) and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are we to do anything stupid on the parade laps, not just that driver will be gone but the CLUB will be removed. Guy's my ass is on the line here, and I've been a member of Sovern since 1993, so be cool out there K? Cheers Tom.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Hi Tom,

I too am in for Sat. Just sealed the envelope with completed form and check, will drop in the mailbox today. Thanks, Brent
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

For those wanting to meet up there is a 76/Circle K gas station off of WA-18, to get there take the exit WA-164E and at the bottom of the ramp you will see the 76/Circle K gas station (the Google maps address is 307 6th Street Southeast, Auburn, Washington). The plan is to meet at the 76/Circle K at 8:00AM and leave at 8:30AM sharp to head to the track). I recommend bringing chairs and some food and drink, there will be food and drink at the track you can purchase. The address is Pacific Raceways, 31001 144th Ave SE, Kent, Washington 98042 for the ones that have never been there before.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
. On a Serious note: The Pres. of Sovern (Good Friend) called me, when he found out I'm in charge of the wild boy's (Cobras) and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are we to do anything stupid on the parade laps, not just that driver will be gone but the CLUB will be removed. Guy's my ass is on the line here, and I've been a member of Sovern since 1993, so be cool out there K? Cheers Tom.
Tom,

I had done parade laps with my 427 cobra during vintage races at Watkins Glen prior to getting my racing license and we were told the same thing. No laying back to increase distance to the car in front of you so that you could then speed up to a speed higher than the pace car to catch up no racing and no unsafe driving. Track officials have no tolerance for people driving road cars with minimal safety protections at high rates of speed. The idea is to have the opportunity to go around a track, wave at your friends and get the feel of what it feels like to drive a race track.

Hope that everyone has a good time.

Jim
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:40 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Thank you Jim, for backing me up on this. Your spot on about high Hp street cars on a race track, with a "large crowd", just waiting for the Cobras, Vettes, etc. to light them up, or God forbid something worse. We had a problem a few years ago, with 2- Vette's lined up on the straight and YES they hit each other. I've lead the street Alfa's around during their parade laps in the race car just to keep them in line, no street Alfa would dare pass their brother's race car The boy's I've talked to promised behave themselves . I would hate to hang my head in shame around my former racer's.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default Oh Behave

I received my tickets for all 3-days earlier this week.

No worries Tom, at least us Club Cobra old timers learned the hard way to behave during the parade laps when we got 86'ed after burn-off's in the ~2005 timeframe at Pacific Raceways. I was not there that year, but it took a few years for Club Cobra to be allowed back on the track for the parade laps.

Cheers,
K&D
Attached Images

BruceSnyder and Alfa02 like this.

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 05-26-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

I'm planning to be at the 76 Station in Auburn at 8am. See you guys there. Tom voluteered to lead the pack into the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSnyder View Post
For those wanting to meet up there is a 76/Circle K gas station off of WA-18, to get there take the exit WA-164E and at the bottom of the ramp you will see the 76/Circle K gas station (the Google maps address is 307 6th Street Southeast, Auburn, Washington). The plan is to meet at the 76/Circle K at 8:00AM and leave at 8:30AM sharp to head to the track). I recommend bringing chairs and some food and drink, there will be food and drink at the track you can purchase. The address is Pacific Raceways, 31001 144th Ave SE, Kent, Washington 98042 for the ones that have never been there before.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

As Bruce said, I too will be at the 76/Circle K station at 8:00am, with our Kitsap guy's in tow. Look's like the weather will be fine (66-69F) not too hot, for us NW folk's. Everyone I've spoke to are really looking forward to a fun & safe day. I'm thinking after we settle in our corral spot, I'll take the group on a pit walk, before the cars go out for their afternoon first race, and yes you'll have to put up meeting my ol'Alfa racer's. But then we meet up with the BIG BORE guy's so it will be worth the wait Again thanks guy's for showing up & making this I'm sure a fun time for all. Cheers Tom.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Roger That! Anyone need free ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSnyder View Post
I'm planning to be at the 76 Station in Auburn at 8am. See you guys there. Tom voluteered to lead the pack into the track.
Roger that Bruce and Tom. Hoping I could have done multiple days when I bought the three day pass. No concerns, the ticket money goes to a great charity. But, if anyone wants my Friday or Sunday ticket, they are yours no cost. PM me if you want to pick them up.

See ya Saturday!
Kev and Di
Alfa02 likes this.