Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2002, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Will be there

Mavis and I are looking forward to meeting all of you. Looks like the weather plans to cooperate.

Bish - will be bringing a large cole slaw salad.

See you Sunday.

Colin
FFR #1653K
Old 07-26-2002, 06:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default Sunday WX Forecast

Early morning scattered clouds near the foothills. Then sunny, warm and clear, highs near 80. Gonna be a great day.

A couple of cars are going to meet us here at my place after we return from LaConner.... Baby sitting problems! And Gary has not been feeling well so they have opted to sit this one out. So, as usual, I don't know for sure how many cars will be on the run, but I would bet around 20. Slab Boy and Keith Vincent will probably join up with us in Darrington as they are going to be recovering from a late night anniversary party. I know for sure that Roger C., now that he has solved his "Hot Feet" problem, will be here and so will brother Bob Parmenter driving his "unstriped" FIA. Several new faces are coming, Dazzle from Blaine and David Last from Lake Stevens, both Factory 5 owners are on board, plus the usual motley survivors from the GICR.

See ya all at 0900 sharp on Sunday morning.

Bish
Old 07-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish

Got word from Dennis that he will make the trip. It looks as if it will be the three of us meeting at Sharie's located by Costco's on 348th just off of I 5. If any one else is interested in joining up with us then meet us at 7:00 AM
The Wife will be bring a Cake.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Cake is good

Glad Dennis is over his Bow Tie alergy and can make the run
Have you heard from Brent? He told me at the races that he was on for this run.

Bish
Old 07-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Silence is all that I have gotten.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Anyone know the Lowe's address so I can print a map for myself. I'll probably get lost anyway, but...Might help.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think it's the one at 1717 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon. Exit 227.
FFR #1653K

Last edited by Dazzle; 07-27-2002 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-27-2002, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Crap, I may have spoken too soon. Sherrie isn't feeling well tonight, sooooooo.....unless things change relatively early tonight, we won't be there.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent, it is exit 227 ( College way exit in Mount Vernon) Sure hope Sherrie is feeling better we really want to see you guys.

Bish
Old 07-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Yup. it's a bit wet, but forecast to dry up and be ok. At least it's warm. Sooo, the run is still on.

Bish
Old 07-28-2002, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry Disappointed

After getting my wife up early on a Sunday and dragging her threw the mist for 20 minutes to Bellingham, we encountered rain from Bellingham for the next 20 minutes as we trekked south on I5.
Well she requested a time-out, so we hid under an overpass for 40 minutes, had a dialog with the local Trooper who informed us it was raining all the way to Everett!
That was enough, she called it a day - drove home and dried her and the car out.
Sorry evryone, I was looking forward to meeting you all. I now have to figure out what to do with a very large bowl of cole slaw.
Next time.
PS. Bish, I will post off a check for our $10 contribution.
FFR #1653K
Old 07-28-2002, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

hope everybody got home ok, good food, great company,
Exployder boy

Can't wait for Miata Boy's Open Winery tour on the 10th
Old 07-28-2002, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA gone now
Not Ranked     

15 Cobras (ok, replicas!) runnin' in the rain, not a top in the bunch. Add three errant souls with tales of woe of broken cars. It's official...................we're Norhtwest Nutballs!!!!

And a special nod to our ladies for being fantastic sports by going along with the insanity. It couldn't be better!!! Those that didn't make it missed a great time.

Hope to see some pictures soon.

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity converge.
Old 07-28-2002, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool Yeah, is was damp-ish...again.

Bish has been saying, "It's not about the cars" a lot lately. Let me be the second (after Colin's wife) to say it was pretty darn miserable driving today. Every time we started the cars the sky opened up, not with real rain drops, but this thick penetrating, unrelenting, misty crap that permiates everything. Bish, we don't blame you...well, yes we do, but we understand it's just dumb luck that we get soaked when you set dates.

As bad as the weather was, the company, the food, and Bish's hospitality were excellent and more than made up for the wet pant legs. We met some new friends from north and south of the border and got Zderf's wife out (probably for the last time). Pat, a couple of years ago the sun came out for one of our cruises. It could happen again...maybe...I guess.

All in all, Mich & I had a great time today. Those of you who didn't make it missed out.

Rich

P.S. Bish, thanks again for all your hard work and opening your house to us.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

What a great [damp] day out with you cobraholics. We all have good memories to recount about today. The monsoon from bellingham to Mt Vernon was a small price to pay for the fine food and talk at our gracious host, Bish's place. Many thanks to Linda for all her hard work in the kitchen and to Zderf for the plastic car cover.
ps: The sun came out 15 minutes north of Bish's
Perry & Bev
Old 07-29-2002, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Hmmm...

Sorry we missed you all but the GT40 hit town on Friday and I had my hands full this weekend!

This is interesting. Bish (Rainman) Wheeler sanctions these events and it either snows or rains!?!? Hmmm....
Old 07-29-2002, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Talking How Dry I Am

It was quite a day, I'll have to say. My lovely wife has advised me that I may have another chance to show her what a pleasant weather cruise is all about... only because she met so many folks she thought were quite nice (even though as crazy as she thinks I am for continuing to drive around in the rain with no top).

Bish, the food was great... awesome ribs surrounded by an array of great sides and desserts (Dolly, the Terry-Me-Sue (sp) was worth 3 helpings!). Nice job on the deck too, even tho we didn't get to shoot those clay pigeons which turned to slurry in the box while we were out soaking the wool and leathers.

Nobody in this group will ever query me again about the case of plastic drop cloths and the silicone squeegy I always carry around in my trunk. I was short about 3 bath towels, however.... I planned that based on the forecast.

Fred H... we left too soon to hear the Hamilton Express whistle through Bishop Crossing... but the DollyJay SuperCharger passed just behind us as we left.

Lastly, thanks to all of you who made the sunny drive from Canada to join us in the wetlands. Please don't take this as our norm.... some events whose dates are selected by others come out high and dry!

I only managed one quick foto between squawls, and am pleased to have posted it in NWCC gallery as follows:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...php?photo=2658

Thanks to all... until the next diving (oops, meant driving) event;

best personal regards, Fred & Pat

Old 07-29-2002, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

what no raki?
Old 07-29-2002, 05:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Zderf

Just to let you know I behaved just like I was on my First Date with a well respected young Lady.

Bish
I also want to thank you for putting on a great feed. I know the drive would have been great if the WEATHER had been any thing other than what is was. IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT EVERYONE GOT SOAKED. We got soaked again by Fall City. We had two break downs on the way back but I told Dennis his secret was safe with me and you would never know, oops how do I edit this,oh well I guess my computer didn't get that option.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Dennis, the all holy Dennis had a break down? Wait till I see him. Will bring my Bow Tie tools and get him fixed up

Glad every one had a good time and made it home safely. It's always so good to see everyone and meet the new guys and this year all the lovely (somewhat wet) wives! Dolly, that was a good move getting the fireplace going. Didn't realize just how "cool" I had gotten on the run over from LaConner. It did look a little like a hen house with all the "hens" huddled around the stove though.

Thanks for all your generous contibutions, I really appreciate it. Linda says Hi to everyone and we both say thanks for your friendship.

The Rainman