Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2095, 331, w/ TKO 500
Not Ranked     
Default Cold Air Box Install

Can someone tell me what the best gasket setup is when installing a "turkey pan". I'm sure you need a gasket on the intake manifold and then one between the carb and the cold air box. Just curious what others may have used to prevent vacuum leaks. Lastly, is there one cold air box that is better than the rest? Thanks for the help. Ron
Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2095, 331, w/ TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Come on guys.....someone must have done this before. How about some words of wisdom. Thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Sorry Ron, I was waiting for someone to answer your post also because I have the same questions.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Going
Can someone tell me what the best gasket setup is when installing a "turkey pan". I'm sure you need a gasket on the intake manifold and then one between the carb and the cold air box. Just curious what others may have used to prevent vacuum leaks. Lastly, is there one cold air box that is better than the rest? Thanks for the help. Ron
I just used a couple of the standard carb base gaskets, that you should be able to buy at the local autoparts store, and sandwiched the turkey pan between the carb and intake , and also possibly a spacer.

I bought mine from Kirkham. However, It wouldn't fit on my friends 351W with the distributor. He got his from somewhere else, with a shortened front to clear the distributor
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Ron,
I have a 427 in my Cobra and used the same set up as Anthony posting. I due have a one inch. spacer with stock casket on each side. I had to cut some holes in my turkey pan bottom so the carb linkeage would move with out hitting the pan bottom. I also had heat treating done to the pan. The same stuff they put on header pipes. I got the pan at Finish line Inc wwwfinishlineaccessories.com There was no problems with distributor clearing. I have had no vac. leaks. I have a friend who has a new one that he didnt use, he may want to part with it? Its for a 351 ford. Let me know.

Andy
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Andy did you get your car sorted out?

Sorry for the hi-jack