LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2001, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5.0 fuel injected stock
Not Ranked     
Question Saturday or Sunday?

Dave,
I listened to the local forcast this morning, they are calling for rain in the morning on Saturday,clearing off in the afternoon. Sunday looks good but the temp is going to be in the low 70's. What are they saying on your local forcast for the weekend? Doesn't it figure!!!!
Les
Old 09-06-2001, 06:17 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

When ever you decide to have the meeting, I'll be there! Really looking forward to seeing a variety of Cobras before I make the decision. Heavily leaning towards the FFR. Like the idea of building it myself and from what I can see, it is a good basic package.

As for the weather, with rain forcasted on Friday as well, even once it stops raining the ground may be soggy. Which ever day, count me in. Should I bring some beer and pop?
Old 09-06-2001, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Cool

Yeah, I hear ya, Les! Criminy, the forecast changes everytime they give it

The latest I've heard this morning NOW says everything is coming in later Saturday evening and Sunday, and that most of Saturday should be nice! Sooooo, I think we should stick with the plan, and everyone can decide which vehicle to drive right before they leave. In light of this new info, if people want to come out and start earlier, that would be fine with me. As I said before, folks can come on out any time.

I will order the burgers tomorrow, and pick up the scales from work, so if anyone wants to come early for a "weigh-in", the scales will be here all weekend. For that matter, if anyone wants to come just to weigh their Cobra, they're welcome anytime over the weekend.

Well, that's the latest for now. I'll continue to moniter the weather, and post any changes here.

Keep your fingers crossed, everybody! We may be ok afterall!

Dave
Old 09-06-2001, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of an A&C
Not Ranked     

Dave,

I am typically wet at least once a day. Rain or shine, I'll be there.

I'll talk my wife into making some appetizers of the Japanese variety. - Nothing too bold, however. This is Ohio!

Mike - let me know where and when we can meet. My wife will have the support vehicle a.k.a. kid-hauler.

-Steve
Old 09-06-2001, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All,
Well, I think the weather is going to be fine for Saturday--PMA--
and I hope you guys talking about the big game are talking about the Kent St. game--ya right.

Steve--which way will you be coming?

For you guys who can make WINKS Friday night--try to be their by 6:00p. It's not going to "R"
We can discuss hooking up for the cruse to Marysville.

Later,
m
Old 09-06-2001, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

rdorman,
Like Starship Troopers, we will forge ahead! The game must go on! As far as drinks, everyone should bring whatever they want. I've got plenty of water! Should it rain prior, and be soggy, not to fear...there is copious amounts of asphalt between my driveway and my parents next door.

Steve,
Nice to know you are keeping up with personal hygiene Will those appetizers involve seaweed in any way??

Mike,
Yes, we are talking about Kent State...

I'll post later tonight for a final "burger count".

Dave
Old 09-06-2001, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave,

You're close enough to Marysville (Honda plant and all)- you should know by now it's nori. If they called it seaweed, would anyone pay $12.00 a package?

Bye the way, no seaweed (Imean nori). It will involve chicken of the yakitori variety. (It's like teriaki shish-kabobs)

Hope you'll have a spot on the grill!

-Steve
Old 09-06-2001, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Final count!

Actually, Steve, I work for Honda! I hafta use Jenglish so much at work, I avoid it at all costs at home! But, none-the-less, I'll keep you a spot on the grill....what ever those things are, they sound good!

Ok, all, the final tally is in! To the best of my knowledge, we have 15 pretty sure's, and 7 ifies. So, I'm gonna order up about 25 quarter pounders from Kroger tomorrow morning. That should cover us, and have a few extra's for those of us who like to fill in the cracks with two! If nobody shows, I'll be eating hamburger for the next 6 months!

I'll post weather updates here tomorrow, but it still looks pretty good.

Dave
Old 09-07-2001, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

RAIN!

We dont give a do-do about any stinkin' RAIN !

Besides I have inside info.. NO rain on this parade. Gotta go polish the two-wheelers....

DV ---the guy that doesn't eat sushi!

Ps. Dave stick the Mrs. and me in the strong Iffy class, rain wont have a darn thing to do with it!

Pss... By the way what time does this shindig start - end?
still trying to re arrangeing Saturdays schedule!
Old 09-07-2001, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave

Count Judy and I and save us a burger! I still have to clean the car up yet from last weekends adventure.

bc
Old 09-07-2001, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Good news, guys! This morning, ALL rain has been removed from Saturday's forecast! Maybe a shower today and tonight, maybe Sunday....NOTHING Saturday! Woo Hooooo! Maybe God is an OSU fan, too!

DV, I'm counting you and the Mrs. as FOR SURE! You don't have to stay all day, but we will all be EXPECTING an appearance at some point! Officially, things are starting about noon, but folks can come from whenever, to whenever. As mike eluded to earlier, we'd like to help you plan and set up DVSF 2 as well. Remember, your house to my house is less than 30 min.! No excuses!

BC, got you and Judy counted for sure!

Ok, everybody, we're looking good! I'm off to Kroger to kill some cows!

Dave
Old 09-07-2001, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Wish I Could Come

Some of us have to work on Saturday..DV said he may attend so my car will be there in spirit only(until Ed finishes it) I delivered the new supercharger to DV today, and the body is ready to come off the chassis. Make sure DV gets home safely.

Best regards to all, and have a great time.

Dick Ellis
Old 09-07-2001, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Final post!

Dick,
Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully, there will be many more get-togethers after this one! Good luck finishing up your Cobra. We'll all be anxious to see it when done!

Ok, for all who are coming, the burgers are in the fridge, the scales are in the garage, the weather looks good, and we are ready to have the first Ohio statewide Cobra club meeting! it should be a great time, and hopefully the start of something bigger and better.

On a serious note, everyone PLEASE drive carefully on your way out. There is a very upsetting thread on here tonight about two gentlemen killed will driving their Cobra. Let us not forget how our lives can be turned upside down in the blink of an eye. If you can find it in your heart, say a prayer for their families and friends. So very, very sad.

See everyone tomorrow!

Dave
Old 09-08-2001, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, Dave

Many thanks to Dave for opening his home to us and feeding us, to boot. The man is a grillemeister, for sure.

It was nice to see everyone who came and hear about the plans for organizing the club. I have been a member of the Michigan Great Lakes Cobra Club because of their tremendous effort at the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise each year, but I am too far away to go to many of their events. The Club here will be just what the doctor ordered, and we can focus on helping with the DVSF. Perfect.

And it didn't rain while we were there.

John
Old 09-08-2001, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to all who took the time out to attend the first state meeting.

Thank's to you Dave--we all had a great time--John is correct--you sure know how to cook--I figured out why my car weighed so much with me in it--I ate to much--Thanks to Mrs. Boardman for the wonderful Chicken kabob--and to Cindy for the potato Salad--the excellent home made bread, I think Mrs. Combs did that--etc. etc.

But--no one said how good my home grown pretzels were--
I was up all night picking them off my tree--oh well -- my ego suffers yet another blow--

Well we now have it and it's official--

We are the "Ohio Cobra Club".

Ed Combs-shared news about the upcoming Spring Fling. We may have new sponsers and we have three motels reserved--YUP three, just for Cobra owners and lovers. Ed's goal this year is $100,000.00 --no problem-- We will need to sell raffel tickets--maybe we could have the tickets ready for the April meeting.

Steve Boardman is going to check on getting a logo designed--and volunteered to be are historian. I will check with Brent to get our Web name changed to Ohio Cobra Club-
Our next official meeting with be in mid Janurary--and then again in April--In April we will be getting close to "The Spring Fling"
so we will be making decisions on how to help out--try to attend. Location to be posted at a later date.
Don't forget the FORD show on Sept. 23--at the Brookpark FORD plant. The plant will be open for tours and we have more then 20 spots reserved in the front row, thaks to Ernie.
Well that's enough--we had a great cruse home--no rain--but we sure got soaked going down in the morning.
Yours in COBRA'S and Friends.
Mike
Old 09-08-2001, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Dave,
Thank you. And thanks to everyone that came, it sure was fun actually getting to sit down and talk to everyone.

You guys and gals are a heck of a group!
DV
Old 09-08-2001, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     

Dave:

Many thanks for your kind and warm hospitality! Your contribution lent itself to the meetings success.! It was great meeting everyone and getting the Club off the ground. I'm excited with the prospects for the future and the opportunity to work with everyone on the DVSFII. Be seein' ya!

Frank SPF #725
Old 09-09-2001, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5.0 fuel injected stock
Not Ranked     
Smile What A Day!

Dave,
Thank you Dave for your great Hospitality! You really helped make our first OCC meeting a success. Dave has a little piece of paridise tucked away in the country. Once we arrived at his house, the sun came out and stayed with us the rest of the day. The ride home was most excellant! We made a lot of new friends as well! We covered alot of details concerning the club's goals and the Double Venom Spring Fling. I'll tell you folks , we have an opportunity to be part of something really fantastic. One of our goals is to help DV with next year's spring fling. Just to be able to take part in that is going to be a great honor!

Mike, I'm sorry but your pretzels needed to hang on the tree alittle longer. Don't get me wrong..they were good but needed alittle more time to rippen. Your potatoe chips however,were excellant .

Steve...your wife's chicken was out of this world and Mrs. DV's Banana Bread is as tasty as her choc.chip cookies. Like Mike said.. we hope to see as many of you as possible at our next State Meeting in Jan. and Ford Day is just around the corner, so please try to attend!

Les and Cindy Brown
Old 09-09-2001, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Thank you , all!

Dear Ohio Cobra Club,
I'd like to personally thank everyone who braved the early threatening weather, and took a complimentary soaking, to make our first state meeting a fantastic success! It was truly my pleasure to host such a wonderful group of people! The more folks I get to know in this hobby, the more I realize Cobra-ites are the cream of the crop...especially Buckeye Cobras! Thanks to all for the great food as well. What a feast! I know it's not easy transporting cargo in a Cobra, let alone food! Everyone's efforts were greatly appreciated. Special thanks to you Northern guys for getting this thing started. Great idea, and great job!

A few quick facts: We had 12 Cobras, representing 6 mfg's! I counted 27 people at one point, including the Boardman's adorable children, and a few passers-by who couldn't resist stopping for a look! I must admit, my driveway NEVER looked so good! As luck would have it however, I had a bad floppy in my camera, and none of my pictures turned out! Hopefully, some of you other guys got some good shots, and perhaps you could post a few here! (pretty please..?)

Thanks again to everyone, glad you all returned home safely, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dave
Old 09-09-2001, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dave's Hospitality

Dave,

With your driveway so chock full of amazing cars, my ego cannot bear to return without my completed Cobra. Your hospitality was so great, however, I might just be able to swallow my pride and return prior to completing my A&C.

There was an awesome variety of manufacturers represented as well!

Thanks again Dave from my whole family! I hope the little ones didn't get on anyone's nerves too much. My son is quite the COra fan. In fact, his enthusiasm to weight ratio far exceeds mine!

-Steve