14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2001, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Talking Ohio September meeting, official sign-up!

Ok, Buckeye Cobras, it's time to get serious! The meeting is only 2 weeks away, and I'd like to start getting a count of those who are pretty sure they will attend. This is mostly for 'burger planning. Should I buy half a cow, or 2 cows? Of course, anyone is welcome, I just want to make sure you have a 'burger when you get here! So, this is the "official" sign-in thread. I will try to keep this on top for the next two weeks, so everyone will hopefully see it.

In review:
For all interested in starting a Cobra Club for Ohio. Northern section is already off and running! This meeting is a push for us central guys to get organized. Everyone who is interested is welcome. It will be Saturday, Sept. 8th, at my house. A start time of around noon is planned, but you're welcome to come anytime. The address is 20295 Orchard Rd.(county road 69), Marysville. Go to www.mapquest.com , and just enter my address for a map. It's very easy to get to. I have a blacktop driveway that could probably fit 8-10 cobras, 3 acres of smooth grass, and some pretty nice neighbors that have 5 acres, and a HUGE blacktop driveway for anyone not wishing to go "off road". It's just a 2 minute walk over to my house. They have graciously agreed to allow as many cobras as possible to fill their driveway. It's a red house, with red barns, right next door(20359). Who are these fine folks? My parents! As mentioned earlier, we are planning an informal cook-out. I will supply the burgers, and my culinary skills in cooking with fire. Anyone wishing to bring other food or drinks is welcome to. It's NOT mandatory! If you do, please state what you will bring when you sign in, to avoid doubles. Some of the Northern guys will be bringing their logo stuff for us to look at, and buy. I'm hoping we can decide some issues, such as a state name, central name, our logo, etc... Please think about any issues you would like to address as well. Some other activities that are available: Darby Creek Golf Course is 2 miles from my house for anyone wishing to golf(you should call ahead for T-time, they are usually very busy). Big Darby Creek is in my back yard for those who may want to fish. I will have TV and radio available for the Buckeye football game. Mike mentioned bringing his horse shoe set. As a little added bonus, thanks to Chris'(xcessive1) suggestion, I will bring a set of 4 pad portable digital scales, with a printer, from work, for us to use Saturday. Anyone wanting an accurate 4 corner weight will get just that! I'll clear out a bay in my garage for this.

Well, I think that's it for now. PLEASE POST ALL MEETING IDEAS AND INFO HERE! It will be easier to keep track. Now, let's just pray for good weather!

Dave

P.S. For those coming from the East, please use caution on Orchard Road. It is very narrow, hilly, and curvy. Often used by farm tractors, horses, wildlife, etc... Just FYI.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave

Count on Judy and I being there. Looking forward to meeting more of the Ohio folks. We will bring chips and salsa.

See ya

bc
Old 08-27-2001, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Mrs. DV gave me permission as long as I bring her.

Like I mentioned on the other board, we may end up riding the bikes if that's ok?

DV
PS.. if anything falls apart, and around here it usually does, I'll let you know.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Bikes, horses, magic carpet....doesn't matter, just that everyone arrives safely!

Of course, Cobras get the best parking spots

Dave
Old 08-27-2001, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5.0 fuel injected stock
Not Ranked     
Default State Meeting

Dave,
Cindy and I plan to attend. Sure hope the weather holds out. Cindy said she'd bring potatoe salad,and a desert.
Ancious to meet everyone.
Les
Old 08-28-2001, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well,
I talked to Frank, he said he was going--so that makes two of us

Les--I thought you were going to do the cooking not Cindy. Actually we all thank you Cindy.

Food by Cindy

Horseshoe's by Less

Potato Chips--Nachos--pretzels--by Mike

Shirts by Wadesdad

Fun by all

I think a good number of us from NOCC will also attend. We just need to get a total.

Mike
Old 08-29-2001, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Looking good so far!

The tally board stands at around 10 or so as of this morning, with many more yet to check in. I'm also PR'ing a few by phone.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far!

Dave
Old 08-30-2001, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Dave,
Would you post or e-mail me your phone number. I've got some of the non-internet guys that would like to come. One of which lives just minutes from you.

DV
740-852-5280
Old 08-30-2001, 04:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Is Cobra ownership a must to attend the meeting??
I have lurking on the forum site for awhile now trying to gather info on the different cars available. Recently sold my NSX and I am now thinking about a Cobra, possibly a used SPF. Before making this kind of "investment" (at least thats what I tell my girlfriend it is!!) I would like to see come cars and pick some brains. Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2001, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I THINK ANYONE WHO LOVES COBRA'S IS WELCOME.
SO PLEASE JOIN US--MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE ONE SOON--
MIKE
Old 08-30-2001, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Ed, and anyone else who may need it, my phone number is 937-349-2029. Don't hesitate to call if you have some ideas or suggestions, or anything else for that matter! Just like Wal-Mart, I'm always open!

bnewell, Mike is absolutely right! The only requirement is enthusiasm! Please stop out, grab a burger, and bench race with us! If the weather holds, you should have a nice variety of Cobras to scrutinize as well.

See everyone soon!

Dave
Old 08-30-2001, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Rolling Thunder
Not Ranked     
Default RSVP

Tammy and I plan to be there. Thanks for offering to set up the scales. Just this week I received my new G-Tech in the mail and have been trying to think of how/where to get the car weighed in order to fully utilize it's capabilities. Are you a mind reader?! Now I just need the long, safe, legal strech of road to conduct the tests. May need to find my way to Edgewater.

See you there,

Keith
Old 08-30-2001, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ya know i'll be there-i'll grab some munchies on the way over to your place. gotta get ready for the game ya know. chris
Old 08-31-2001, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Keith & Chris, thanks for checking in!

On a side note, you folks coming from further away, don't worry about trying to bring food. That would be too much of a hassle. It looks like we will have plenty!

Tally stands at about 15 or so, and growing!

Dave
Old 09-03-2001, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     

Dave:

I'm in! I have a 10ftx10ft E-Z Up canopy I'll bring in case of rain (hope not) and some macaroni salad. See you Saturday!

Frank SPF #725
Old 09-04-2001, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Frank, sounds good! If you have any extra lawn chairs, that might be helpful as well.

Oh, and watch saying the "R" word! You make me nervous!

Dave
Old 09-04-2001, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave,
Whats the count--I'm going to make some phone calls--
I went out and picked some potatoes to make some chips--I just need to find some "looks like Frito Lays" bags--- 0

Also, the pretzels on my tree are sort of small--but I'll pick some to bring

Let me know if you need anything--
Mike
Old 09-04-2001, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Mike,

Looks like we have 13 pretty sures, and 6 maybe's as of tonight. I still have just a few more emails to follow up on, and one more phone call to make. I'll post the final count Thursday night, with the reminder that ANYONE is still welcome. I'll pick up a few extra burgers just in case.

Btw, I heard Miracle Grow works wonders on those pretzel trees!

Dave

P.S. any extra lawn chairs you can bring along might come in handy!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:44 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default My be late, but Saturday looks bad

I am giving strong concideration to building a Cobra and would love to attend. The weather for Friday and Saturday looks bad. Sunday however looks great. Don't suppose you would want to make it Sunday? Besides, the season opener for the Buckeyes starts Saturday at noon!
Old 09-05-2001, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rdorman,

Fear not, Buckeye coverage will be available on both TV and radio. As to the weather, I've been checking forecast's on the net all day, and none of them are the same!!

I think it's too late in the game to change now, unless there is strong responce from everyone to do so.

What does everyone think?