Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 06:59 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Gathering Saturday April 17

Did any one see the weather for the rest of the week!

How about our first official gathering this Saturday at Quaker Steak and Lube this Saturday say around 4PM? Enjoy your favorite beverage on the patio and bask in the warm spring sun!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     

Rick:
Gonna be showing off the Noble GT (on the cover of this months Kit Kar Mag) and a few SPF Mark IIIs at the parking lot of the old Bogie Inn in Dublin on Sat & Sun. If I can get away early I'll try to make it! Come by and see us if you can. Everybody is invited!!
Frank SPF # 725
Old 04-15-2004, 05:33 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What times are you going to be there at the Bogie? Would it step on Superformance toes if the OCC members showed up? It might actually turn out to be a good tool for them as they can show off the quality of their cars. Please let me know ASAP as I want to send an email to everyone.
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-15-2004, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick:
We'll be there from About 10AM till 5PM Sat & Sun. I can't help it if a few "other" cars happen to drive by. He! He!
Frank SPF # 725
Old 04-15-2004, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Rick, Frank, et al...

I have vowed to get every potential safety issue straightened out friday night and saturday morning/early afternoon. I have spoken with the other party involved (dad) and am trying HARD to make sure we do not miss out for WAXER reasons. We had a bolt that was holding a surge tank support (a custom JP Engineering fabrication) shear off in the water pump and a tie wrap is holding that support tightly to the coil...the coil that is not hooked up, but just sitting at the end of that beautiful AFR head. The real coil is over on the wheel well, new Jacobs unit.

Anyhow, Dad doesn't want the car to be seen "without its makeup on" and I'm trying to explain to him that that's not how this crowd operates. We'll see if I have any luck.

Anyhow, I've vowed to stay up all night doing the things that don't require waking the neighbors with a pissed off 408 and starting all the things that require running it once the sun is up.

Get a beer for me, but get something English. That way if I'm late, and it's warm, it's okay. And I know if I don't make it, Rick will drink it for me.

See you all at the FIRST ANNUAL MOCC PICNIC on 5/15!!! (Hopefully, see you all Saturday, too!)

JP
Old 04-15-2004, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Red SPF 1415, 545 BB Ford
Not Ranked     

Rick,

Sounds good to me. Is it the Lube or the Bogie Inn? Could drive by the Bogie Inn first, then to the Lube????

Frank, exactly what is going on at the Bogie Inn (I thought it was closed)? Is this a Dynamic MotorSports show? Is there food / drinks? Look forward to seeing you.....Its been a long winter.

Dale
Old 04-16-2004, 05:25 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes do fill us in on the Bogie Frank.

Justin, tell your father I have not washed my car since last fall. It is tough to get over the whole new car thing but if he really wants to enjoy the car to its fullest potential........... he MUST!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by rdorman

Justin, tell your father I have not washed my car since last fall. It is tough to get over the whole new car thing but if he really wants to enjoy the car to its fullest potential........... he MUST!

Rick
Rick,

Workin' on it! Sent home a very "inspirational" email last night and he told me today he has rack time rented at the shop where we put in our motor so we can get to those underbody bolts nice and sleazy...

There's one potential impasse...the surge tank mounting bracket/tie wrap issue. I believe that a good nylon tie wrap is acceptable mounting hardware for all but maybe a motor mount.

If I can convince him that you guys don't GIVE A $h:t and that we probably won't all have our hoods open admiring our own work anyways, we'll be there.

I'll take a bucket of 36 with Louisiana Lickers sauce. You were taking orders, right??

JP "The non-waxer half of the ASSSSSP team" Leedy

(I know my dad's just thinking "if you want to drive it looking like crap, buy your own!" But then to be fair, he'd have to do all the hard work to make it even.... )
Old 04-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

NOT SATURDAY, SUNDAY!

SUNDAY 6PM AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE POLARIS.

IT IS GOING TO BE 77 AND SUNNY FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

BRING YOUR CAR OR JUST COME AND HANG OUT.

RICK

ps, Justin, does that make it easier?????????????

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Red SPF 1415, 545 BB Ford
Not Ranked     

Sunday evening probably won't work for me, but I still plan on cruisin around in the Cobra on Saturday early/mid afternoon. Drop by the Bogie Inn and the Lube .......... if anyone else is out there.

Who knows, maybe Sunday too?????

Dale
Old 04-16-2004, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys:
The deal at the Bogie is a scheduled "test drive" for the folks who expressed an interest in the Mark III and the Noble GT M-12. Dynamic (Superformance) Motorsports will have those and maybe a Brock Coupe there. FYI, the Bogie is closed that's why we're using their parking lot. Come by and see some very beautiful cars. Afterwards we can go to Iacono's in Shawnee Hill for a brewski (or 2)
Frank SPF # 725
Old 04-16-2004, 11:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No that makes it harder! It's quarter til 3 AM and I just got home from the garage. Everything is READY TO ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Hmmm...well I will come to Bogie's. Rick, you should still come to the Lube in the afternoon. Anyone else planning on that?

Sunday evening I am headed back to the land of Cleves. Maybe I could meet up with some folks a *tad* earlier on Sunday???

If anyone wants to try to meet up for dinner and beer(s) on Saturday, call my cell phone.

440/479-6878

Also, if anyone wants to give my their cell number, cool! I will be headed south tomorrow afternoon.

PS - Can someone tell me where the old bogey inn is? I'll check here tomorrow early afternoon. It'd sure be good to see more than a couple of you Saturday afternoon/evening at the Lube. I worked SO hard to get things safe and ready for the first "somewhat long" trip...........

Thanks all!
JP
Old 04-17-2004, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

J.P.
The Bogie is on Glick Rd, off Riverside Drive by the Columbus Zoo and Water Country (or Something) Go across the dam and the Bogie will be on the right. We'll be in the parking lot. You can't miss it.
Frank SPF # 725
Old 04-17-2004, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Frank! I will certainly see you there. With that as the final destination, my drive down becomes much nicer as I will probably shoot down 42 the whole way. Not that 71 sucks, but 71 sucks.

Plus, I think they're doing construction south of SR13 (exit 169) around the Mansfield area. When I leave Lex headed south, I enter at 165 (SR97) but coming in from Cleveland, I was able to miss it. Although the people in front of me must not understand brake lights as I saw 2 (yes TWO!) accidents within 5 seconds of each other...both rear-end collisions.

Don't want to have the baby in bad traffic...

See ya there!
Old 04-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Tonight!

See those of you that can make it tonight at 6 at the lube!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com