28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPNYDR
I had a very nice conversation with Robert Morgester this afternoon, exceptionally nice gentleman. This is what I got;
1) Advice he offers is free, so take it as you will.
2) There are possible ways that the DMV may transfer the title for you (I will look further into this).
3) As far as he is aware, the title follows ANY portion of the car to which it was assigned. This means that if you started the build process and got a number, the number follows those parts (he told me to check with DMV on this, and I will).
4) The transaction my friend was trying to offer posed no legal problems that he was aware of.

I greatly thank you for his information; it further solidified my knowledge of this process.

He also provided great advice for other ways to go about the registration process. If there are people out there that need information, I would highly recommend calling him; he is very knowledgeable in all aspects of the process.

As a side note, the original purchaser of the Ebay posted SB100 decided to finish his car this year, so he kept the number (though after speaking with Robert, I may be interested in getting rid of mine and going about the process in another way. While I’d hate for the last sentence to start another I know more about the process than you battle, I thought it was funny, so please take it as a joke).
Just to back up this statement, I've sent off a personal message to Mr Morgester asking him to check into your statement, your auction, and this thread here on Club Cobra. I'm sure if this new user is on the up and up, he won't mind me taking precautions before sending a friend in his direction.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by OPNYDR; 01-04-2007 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by OPNYDR; 01-04-2007 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

This is ridiculous - OPNYDR suddenly appeared, posted twice announcing this "great opportunity", and another eight times defending it.

Hopefully now that it has been edited/removed we are done with him (her?)

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I personally love the SB100 process and live in Texas. It provides as much or more entertainment then technical issues with these cars. Out of curiosity how much would an SB100 number be worth? 500?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

WOW!!! What a great opportunity!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Hey Bill,

Tell us more!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

OPNYDR ~ now we know how the "new kid on the block" feels.

I guess you should have joined CC and made a zillion half-a$$ commets to get your post count up before starting this thread. This would have given you some credibility

Listen, I know absolutely nothing about the Left-Coast laws. What I do know is that I have seen too many so-called "Newbies" run out of here because they stated their beliefs and maybe stated some information that they obtained from outside sources that other CC members did not agree

True or False, I think all CC members could use this thread as a useful debate in lieu of calling the so-called "Newbie" a liar.

I guess my point is that I have seen way too many informative threads closed because they got out of hand.

Just my opinion guys......sorry!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Remember, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

For anyone else who doubts the validity OPNYDR claims, I give you the following from the CA DMV Webpage:

"SPCNS Certificates of Sequence cannot be transferred to a different vehicle or reissued in someone else's name. The seller of a vehicle must provide the buyer with the SPCNS Certificate of Sequence along with the bill of sale and any additional registration documents. In addition, fees deposited in one year cannot be held over for the next year's allocation of certificates."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/spcns.htm

Notice what the seller and this poster failed to mention either here on in the original Ebay auction.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

ROUSHAC ~ my point is that if you "THINK" you are correct and "THINK" that OPNYDR is wrong, why not keep this thread going so that we can get to "THE FACTS AND NOTHING BUT THE FACTS".

I think this can only happen if this particular thead or any thread for that fact is kept to a cival dialog.

Absolutely nothing is gained if this thread is shut-down by the moderators due to a bunch of name calling.

You know what, I could be totally out of line here, but I don't think so.

Sh!t man, I live in the Midwest.....nothing out here but corn and corn-fed woeman. But if I should ever want to move to the West, I would like to know the rules
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by OPNYDR; 01-04-2007 at 09:05 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by OPNYDR; 01-04-2007 at 09:06 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPNYDR
mrmustang,

You should read your own signature.
I am living up to my sig line by posting the cold hard facts as seen below:

"SPCNS Certificates of Sequence cannot be transferred to a different vehicle or reissued in someone else's name. The seller of a vehicle must provide the buyer with the SPCNS Certificate of Sequence along with the bill of sale and any additional registration documents. In addition, fees deposited in one year cannot be held over for the next year's allocation of certificates."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/spcns.htm

No bashing, but I do have to wonder why you left that part out of your ebay advertisement.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewell
Listen, I know absolutely nothing about the Left-Coast laws.
bnewell, not to offend, but that's the point - you may not know. I'm not trying to scare someone off that is new to this forum. However, when bogus information is posted, or someone is suggesting fraudulent activity..... that is where I draw the line. There is enough confusion with SB100 without some 20' something character throwing in a sack of BS to muddy the water when guys have tens of thousands dollars invested in a dream.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm still on the fence as to if this is legal or not, and it MAY well be LEGAL. Again, ethical is another question all together. This DOES sound like a logical loophole and could in fact lead to someone 'buying' up a bunch of SB100 numbers. While Morgester may indeed concur that at this point it is legal, I would hope he is (as we speak) also taking steps to close this potential loop hole.

By the way, how old Opnydr is (and it certainly appears from his posts he is NOT a teenager) is not an issue. Many great discoveries, theories, works of art, etc have been by 'young people'. They should not be taken to lightly.

It really pisses me off that Boyd or other commercial builders are able to exploit the SB100 rules for 'profit', that includes you or your friends Opnydr. Hey, just my opinion...

Last edited by Excaliber; 01-04-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OPNYDR

Ok, first and foremost, you only qualify for a SB100 if you are registering a new or pre-owned build or re-registering previously but incorrectly titled car. ALL of which require you to have either a MSO or Bill of Sale or a Title, P-E-R-I-O-D. You can not get a SB100 with just your phone number. Do you even know that you need to complete several DMV forms to get started on your application for SB100? How do u suppose you complete those forms without a car? Put you phone number in all the fields?

Mr Mustang has outlined it perfectly clear, you can not transfer SB100 to another car. Clearly though, u are not willing to share how one would LEGALLY buy and use a SB100 that has been issued for another car.
I am willing to bet you are that Darren person I met in line Tuesday morning at the DMV. You had asked me about cobra forums and I specifically told you about Club Cobra and now u are here! You had asked me about if I knew anyone who had used a SB100 on a different car than it was issued for and what I thought of simply cutting the frame on which the kit serial # is etched and replace it with a new piece.
You think we are stupid here? Everything that you are implying is a felony. It is the people like you and the Boyds of this state that have made registering replicas and kit cars difficult in this state. While you seem like a intelligent person, you are wasting your gift on shady dealings. When you look in the mirror, tell your "FRIEND" it is not too late to walk the straight line before you end up walking the line.

Last edited by ffrcobra_65; 01-04-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Closed Thread