28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Don, ultimately the registration doesn't have your drivers license number on it. Addtionally, my name and the VIN or TIN (Temporary IN) was correct on mine. The city was wrong and the drivers license was wrong, but when you finally do get your registration, the name and VIN will be correct.

Don, by the way, the DMV manager said your cert was in the process of being corrected. Let me know when you receive yours so I kinda have an idea when mine should be done.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quoting a Grateful Dead song: "What a long strange trip it's been!"

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

Hi Rod,

I will let you know the instant I get the corrected one, if I do. Re: registration and drivers license number, when you are stopped by CHP they always ask for drivers license number and registration. They then go back to their car and run a computer check. This check tells them who the car is registered to and if the officer is alert he will see the drivers license number does not match the one I gave him. The way we are now, the check will show your driver license number as the registered owner. Then they could call you and you could say, "My car was stolen" then the car is impounded and I am hauled away. I don't know about all the SB100 checks, but if it is not corrected, you can be sure in the future it will come back and bite you.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don, if the car is sold to Joe Blow, and he registers it, then he will have a different drivers license number.

I still think if you're stopped, the CHP will look at the current registration and he/she will see that it's me that's the registered owner. Then he will run a check my drivers license which has the same address as the registration. The two will match. The drivers license # on the SB100 cert is probably there for reference but will never be used for anything but the SB100 certificate.

Nonetheless, I still plan to correct it, but I'm also planning on using mine as is if the DMV can't get my revised cert to me in a reasonable timeframe.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

Hi Rod,

Well, you won't believe this, I just opened the mail, there was my corrected Cert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND, all the info is correct.

My saga has ended. Now on to CHP, BAR, DMV, then the nearest Bar !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don, that's great news. You got first class service that's for sure. Only 3 days? Wow. Mine could take just a little longer.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I got a "corrected" SB100 certificate today in the mail (at work). The "correction" was postmarked 2/28/2008, BUT I faxed over my corrections on Friday, 2/29/2008. It appears that they took the old info from Don's original SB100 certifcate and transferred it to a revised SB100 certificate for me. So I still live in Milpitas (I don't) and the drivers license is almost correct except for the first alpha character (the number portion is right). So I'll correct this one and fax it over as well.

At least they're trying.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Rodney,

Way to go! Was out of town and now back and see you finally are through.

I just finished the BAR and they don't ask for any other piece of paper other than the CHP assignment of a VIN. They gave me back the original SB 100 Cert. Going to frame it. With the incorrect Zip Code.

Got my plates from DMV on Friday. Done and Done. You're right behind me. Get er on the road and we can meet up sometime this summer!

Tom
Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Tom, thanks. I'm very happy to have my number and a somewhat-corrected certificate. All I have to do now get my engine and tranny into my car.

You got your plates already? That was fast. You lucky SOB.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

When you get your BAR appointment by calling the 800 number appointment line, make a later in the day appointment at DMV and take your paperwork there and get your plates on the same day. BAR is the last step prior to the DMV finale.

By the way, the BAR doesn't look for a PCV or anything else on the engine for that matter. They put sniffers in each sidepipe, and do the normal "non-dyno" smog check.

The car is listed on my SB 100 Cert as a 1965 Shelby Cobra "replica". The engine is listed as a 1966 Ford 7 Liter. Whatever gets me through the system, I said "thank you very much" and was out of there in 25 minutes. No charges or fees. Make sure the paperwork the BAR prints out for you has the correct info on it. My guy had to print another copy since I found a number off on the VIN on his copy. But of course, I don't have to tell you that!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i am definitely envious of you guys !! unfortunately I am still waiting to receive my official certificate. I keep calling Sacramento and they keep telling me they do not know why I haven't received it yet.

I think I am going to write the Director of the DMV and explain my situation to him and ask if he can help. i may make one last stop at the San Clemente DMV office to see if they can intervene, too.

I will keep everyone posted !
Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

tmctguer, I was never able to get a hold of anyone in Sacramento who knew anything about SB100. Both Don and I dealt with the local DMV office manger and while mistakes were made, she did everything she could to get them corrected. Check your paperwork and make sure your address and other info is correct. As you've no doubt read, Don's paperwork got tangled up with mine and my address was wrong. So my certificate was mailed, but to an unknown incorrect address. I would have them reissue the certificate ASAP.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

here is the latest on my saga: i visited San Clemente again today. this time, someone from the local office called Sacramento for help. Sacramento told the San Clemente person to tell me to call this DMV help line: 916 657 6560.

I did and the person who answere the phone immediately escalated me to a manager. This was a good sign. the manager said that the SB100 exemptions were handled by a different group who no longer had phones. However, she said she would email the manager of that team with my info and hopefully, he could call me back to find out what was holding up mailing my official Sequence Certificate.

she double checked my DMV registration record and once again confirmed that all was in order.

i will let you know what happens when/if I get a call back.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmctguer View Post
...the manager said that the SB100 exemptions were handled by a different group who no longer had phones.
Oh yeah, that's a good sign. Imagine if you said that to any of your customers, regardless of what business you're in. Crazy.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tracking down the right person in Sacramento was a PITA even for the DMV manager at Santa Clara. I tried and got 2-3 different people who gave me one phone number or another and ultimately it ended up being the same number or a recorded message. It was like a circular reference. Anyway, the local person finally did get to someone who knew something. I heard two different names up in Sacramento. One was a Theresa and the other was a Tory.

I asked the local manager to ask Sacramento several times if they saw my record or paperwork and they said yes. Then I asked the local manager to ask Sacramento if they could confirm it was actually mailed and they said yes. Finally, the local manager just asked them to overnight a new (reissue) certificate, which they did. Of course, this transpired over the last three or so weeks.

There was a couple of reasons why SB100 certifcate took a month to get to me, but your problem is definitely mysterious if the records show everything as being correct. Mine record was all mixed up.

Yes, the phone lines are ditched once The Day is complete and all 500 numbers are given out. It's only a one day per year event.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

well there may be a happy ending after all...........i just got a call from Reyna at the Sacramento DMV. she was calling to confirm my mailing address & CA DL. turns out she had both correct in her records. I did correct the spelling of the first part of my street name (from "ST" to "Saint"). She said that she would be mailing a duplicate official certificate to me.

looks like either my phone call yesterday, or my letter to the Director of the DMV from a few days ago must have found the correct set of hands that were willing to help.

i'll post again when i get my hands on the certificate.

i wonder if I am the LAST one in the state to get it???? between RodKnock & DJSlicer, i can't imagine who was still floating around out there.

the sad thing is my vehicle is REALLY READY !!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

tmctguer, yes, please let us know the final results. Who knows, that street name change could have thrown off your local post office. I have no idea why, but who knows. At least on ClubCobra, you're the last, but I'm still waiting on my final corrected certifcate, so maybe I should get that crown.

If not for Don, then I might still be waiting for my certifcate. Thank goodness he took a flyer on calling the phone number on his certifcate and got me when the delivery truck called him. Phew!

Congrats anyway. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All good things must come to end, and so I must inform everyone that has been reading this saga that I received my final corrected SB100 certificate in the mail today. All done.

Say what you will about the CA DMV, when they're on a roll, they can get things done quickly.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Rodney,

Mega-congratulations!!!

What a friggin journey!

I hope you're enjoying your favorite cold beverage with your feet up!!

Can't wait to see your car on the road.

The Santa Clara class of 2008 has officially graduated!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech 533
Not Ranked     

Ah, Nuts!!! I hate a happy ending! Rod, I'll say one thing for you. When you get involved in something interesting you sure knew how to stretch it out so the rest of us had something to do when we got home. I'll probably look for your postings a couple more days just in case the DMV finds another curve to throw at you. Get it on the road and enjoy!!