17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default MY SB100 Saga Continues

I thought I would begin a new thread for my continuing SB100 saga.

The DMV manager called me back and told me that the Sacramento person had "seen my name" and "confirmed by TIN #." Now for the really strange thing. I was given #052 on January 2, 2008. The DMV manager told me today that I'm now #054 and even that number might change, but that I definitely have a 2008 SB100 number. The DMV manager also said that the people in Sacramento are still combing through the SB100 files confirming info, making corrections, etc. and that at least my SB100 certificate will be sent out in February, possibly others out there too. She didn't know.

Pure speculation, but I think what has happened is that during the paperwork shuffle, they gave away my number and now they're searching for another "open" number. Today is #054. Tomorrow....
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

You don't care what number........just give you a number..........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Should I start to get line for January 2, 2009?

Lesson to others in the future. Make sure all the paperwork they (DMV) give back to you at the counter, as you're jumping up and down elated that you got a number, is yours and no one else's. Somehow, a couple of pages from another SB100 wannabe was inadvertently inserted into my paperwork and Voila!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Red face just an FYI on SB100 issues

i have been thinking about your SB100 situation and wanted to offer a few words of encouragement. I also got one of the 500 smog exemption permits, and like you, have not received a letter from BAR. Needless to say, I would get a little dissapointed each time I read of others on this site who received their BAR letter.

My application actually was processed by the DMV clerk in such a way that the DMV owes me a $17 refund on the fees I paid on 1/2/08. My concern was that because of the refund issue, my registration application was going to be messed up and I, too might lose my exemption due to some kind of paperwork SNAFU. Fortunately, I live near a DMV office so on two occasions, I visited them with all of my paperwork just to make sure something was not overlooked that would cause my special exemption to fall through the cracks.

both times, I was assured by the local DMV office that everything was OK. Once, I asked to speak to the supervisor who personally supervised the applications on 1/2/08. She looked at all my documents and assured me that I was OK. They told me that some of the letters get mailed later than others. They gave me the number of the DMV in Sacremento (916 657 8035) so I also called Sacramento just to see if THEY could see any problems. Sacramento assured me that the registration is proceeding and they are still processing applications. I called Sacramento today and once again I was told that they were a bit behind in processing the SB100 applications.

So the reason I am writing is to tell you that it appears that not all the letters have been mailed to the 500 exemption people, as evidenced by my situation. so either you and me BOTH got hosed, or both of us are still in the processing stage. If I were you, I would not give up hope just yet. I will let you know when/if I get my BAR letter.

Finally, should you never receive a BAR letter, and ultimately you determine that the State's error impacted your application, I would not rule out escalating this issue higher up within the DMV. Sometimes, getting a Supervisor or Manager involved (even higher) can assist in sorting things out in your favor.

I will keep my fingers crossed for BOTH OF US !!!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Exclamation 1Billion!

Legislature slashes $1 billion from state budget
Matthew Yi, Chronicle Sacramento Bureau

Friday, February 15, 2008

"(02-15) 12:46 PST SACRAMENTO -- Sacramento - The state Legislature today approved nearly $1 billion worth of budget cuts and delayed payments for the current fiscal year as part of an effort to solve the state's fiscal crisis.

More than half of the cuts, an estimated $507 million, come from the education budget. However, classrooms and ongoing programs at public schools are expected to be untouched because unspent funds from the past two years, in programs such as after school child care and teacher training, will help cover any shortfalls.

Other mid-year cuts include delays in cost-of-living adjustments on some welfare payments, deferring appointment of judges and reducing spending of many state agencies.

The package of bills that both the Senate and the Assembly approved also includes $1.2 billion is savings for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1. A 10 percent decrease in Medi-Cal reimbursements make up the bulk of those cuts.

Aaron McClear, a spokesman for Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, said the governor will sign the bills as soon as feasible, which could be Saturday morning.

It was in January when Schwarzenegger announced the state would face a $14 billion deficit by July 1 and declared a fiscal emergency. That declaration required the governor to offer his solutions to the Legislature, and the lawmakers have 45 days to return bills to the governor's desk. That deadline is Feb. 24.

The only bill that failed get out of both houses of the Legislature was a measure that many lawmakers have billed as an attempt to close a tax loophole benefiting Californians' who own large vessels, especially yachts.

According to current state tax code, boat buyers could avoid paying sales tax if their new purchases were made out of state - even if that means a deal is sealed five miles off the California coast into international waters - and the vessel was kept out of California for 90 days.

The measure considered today by both houses would have increased the 90-day period to a year, making it more difficult for California yacht owners to avoid paying use taxes and raise as much as $5 million in additional revenue for the current fiscal year and $21 million for the following fiscal year.

While the Senate's version was approved with a required two-thirds vote in the upper house, the Assembly failed to clear that hurdle. However, the Senate version is expected to reappear in the Assembly next week."

Good luck brothers, I sure hope this doesn't include cuts in DMV staff!

jdog
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech 533
Not Ranked     

RodKnock - I've been out of town and missed your post. Have you heard from anyone since you started this thread?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Red, I was out of town too. Well, guess what? No, I have NOT received my SB100 paperwork. I called the DMV today and spoke with the manager. Again. She in turn was surprised that I have not received my paperwork. She has contacted the person in Sacramento to see if they will need to "reissue." I said, "Reissue"? I told her that she makes it sound like I actually have one. I asked if she's confident that I have one and she said yes. I still think the opposite and that she is giving me "the long slow walk." The person in Sacramento was out today, so I will know "more" tomorrow. I fully expect that I will not get a number this year. If I don't I'll send the director of the DMV a letter about my plight, but expect nothing to happen other than to paper someone's file sonewhere in Sacramento.

Next year, I won't be the first in line.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hopefully, she's being honest but it does get awful hard to believe after this much time. Hang in there!!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Not to hijack your post but the DMV does screw up from time to time. I have a 1969 Cobra that I ordered new and have had it all these years and it has been insured and licensed every year, now as a Historical Vehicle. Last year about 5 months after I got my registration I received a letter from the DMV demanding that I surrender the title on the car as it was uninsured and there was no such car as a 1969 Cobra. I called two numbers before I got the right one and told the woman to look up my plate number and then tell me it was uninsured. She took about 30 seconds and came back and apologized for whoever sent out the letter and said they showed it insured and that I was the original owner. She asked me a few questions as she and her husband are car people and when I told her it had the original tires and just over 40K miles on it she said she would love to see it if they ever get back up here to the lake on vacation. So with all the paper work, and a lot of really not so well trained people, it is easy for them to lose or send papers to the wrong people. I know this doesn't help you or answer your question, but your SB-100 number could still be laying on someones desk down there.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, the DMV manager left me a message this morning. The message said the DMV has confirmation that my SB100 paperwork was sent out and that they'll reissue you me another copy. Then the message said that she/they wanted to confirm my address just to be sure. The street address was correct, BUT THE CITY AND ZIP CODE WERE WRONG!

They allegedly will be overnighting me my paperwork.

We'll see.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

We are all waiting with you.................

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 460 SVO
Not Ranked     

RodKnock, Glad all the paperwork got straightened out, everything should be easy now!! On the road soon!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

RodKnock,

That is good news. And about the same as what happened in my problem above. Someone down there after all those years had gotten my city and zip code mixed up with some other city. I hope that you get it quickly and then you can enjoy the relief.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You know, it's so basic. I should have them asked weeks ago what address they sent it to just to make sure. It should have been the first thing on my checklist with them. Why didn't I think of it earlier. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation. Stupid me.

Until I have it in my hands, it ain't over yet.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Rodney,

You'll get it. I received mine earlier this month in spite of the fact that the DMV had my zip code incorrect!! The SB 100 group is a bunch of people that are called on around the first of the year to handle all of us car nuts who invade them on Jan 2nd.

I sent an appreciation letter to the Director of DMV for the work of the staff in San Clemente, and she wrote back and explained how cumbersome the system is using phone calls and having a bank of SB 100 techs in Sacto fielding the frantic calls. Once the fracus is over, they go back to their "regular" jobs, whatever they may be. I guess they have to use phones as their way of metering out the scarce sequence numbers rather than surrender them en masse to some computer programmer at a DMV office.

So it appears this is a temporary gig for most of them, and thankless at that, since the faceless wonders in Sacto never get seen or known by us who get the "face" time with our local office staff. Nevertheless, I know you'll get it. Can't wait for your mail tomorrow.

Tom
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have no idea how they got the city that they did. The person who's paperwork was tangled up with mine was from a completely different city. Weird.

I know that the DMV people have a tough thankless job, so I always nice and tired to keep my complaining, if any, to an absolute minimum.

It will be nice to NOT have to schedule my life around January 2, 2009. Again. I don't want the starring role in the sequel to the movie Groundhog Day.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rod - great news! Almost feel like I just won the lottery. Good Luck from here on out!!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With any luck, this thread will be archived as of tomorrow. Thanks everyone for listening to my troubles.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
You know, it's so basic. I should have them asked weeks ago what address they sent it to just to make sure. It should have been the first thing on my checklist with them. Why didn't I think of it earlier. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation. Stupid me.

Until I have it in my hands, it ain't over yet.
Yup, always presume stupidity and let them pleasantly surprise you.

I think tomorrow's gonna be one of the bestest days you've ever had.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you Jamo. It really will be a great day. Assuming of course. Knock on wood and such.

I will actually be able to look at "ole 539" and say "You'll legally be on the road in 2008," maybe even on the road up to Provo, UT in June.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: