14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I second Bobs comment above. George Anderson, Wayne Turpin, Rich Pickle, Mike Blake and all the others that helped with Tech and timing did an excellent job. All of everyones hard work was very much appreciated. I am already looking forward to next year.

Clois Harlan

Ps-even if you have a bye run at the drags don't take off in third gear, it really smokes your clutch. Barely made it through competition . I am sure that is why Bill Bonadio beat me in the final quick 8 race. Just wait til next year.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wish I could have been there! On the topic of 3rd gear launches has anyone started off in 2nd. I can't speed shift with my current set-up and was thinking of just starting off in 2nd.

I'm running a Richmond Gear Race 5sp with a 3.07 rear and a McLeod 12" clutch. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 10-20-2003, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Cracker,

When I took off in 3rd I ran the quarter in 12.09 with a top speed of 119 mph. My best time was an 11.86 at 117 mph and a reaction time of 5.89.

I am running 3.50 gears and my 3rd gear ratio is 1.29 so maybe taking off in 2nd gear w/ 3.07 gears might be about the same. I really used up my clutch on that pass. I was told it was smoking all the way down the track. Then on my final run as I hit 3rd gear I could feel my clutch slip.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-20-2003, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up KUDOS!!!!!!

ON THIS EVENT AS THE LAST FOUR I HAVE GONE TO, WAYNE RICK AND GEORGE{EVEN THO I HATE TO SAY IT) HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

THERE IS NO BETTER EVENT THAN THIS ONE. THERE IS NO BETTER PEOPLE EXCEPT TCC THAN THIS ONE

IF ANYONE MISSES THIS EVENT SHAME ON THEM.MIKE BLAKE AND THE GUYS LISTED ABOVE DO THE BEST THAT THERE IS....NO QUESTION!

IF NOT NO ONE ELSE WOULD READ ABOUT THIS EVENT OR THERE WOULD BE NO POSTS.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!RICH, WAYNE, GEORGE(DAMN I HATE TO SAY THAT,,,GEORGE THAT IS FOR SUCH A GREAT EVENT AND ALL THAT YOU DO.

JAY

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 10-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick...Clois....Jay......Bob
Rick.....Thanks for always mentioning Dawn in the drivers meetings etc.....as she really appreciated the attention....which was well deserved....the 9.75's were what I promised...and with a Gessford Motor....damn!
I will buy you dinner as you're Bigger, Better and much less likely to RED LIGHT.....but I had to get a close to perfect light to have any chance against Pete Tork and move to the King of the Hill Finals....I had my chance....closest I have ever been to the Big One! It was cool seeing John drive in with his Dragon...the Ruby Car made it from NH....that's saying lots....he sould be proud for making it.....and he always works hard to compete!
Email me more details on the specific motor....OK?

Clois.....you really ran well...I enjoyed seeing you do so well...and you cars look great.....and Bill beat me too...11.4...no way!

Jay......THANKS ....I really did enjoy seeing you and Keith......he's very fortunate to have your help!!!! You need more Georgia Moon!

Bob.....That Buick is an EAR BREAKER...and FAST!!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default George

Your right that little motor is ear shattering. I asked a buddy of mine WHY its so loud. He said PORT SIZE.

Would any of you guys know how to get the Number meatballs off? Mine seem stuck and I don't want to hurt the paint. Hair dryer?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Did anyone notice Chuck Nickloy in a silver Premier 289FIA? Running consistent 11.20s at a low 132 MPH and got pulled out of the hole every time? He redlighted in the street semifinals. I think he took first in the road course though..... and this was with a 4.6L engine?????

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC
Old 10-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes we noticed him (Chuck Nickloy) and those awesome motors....I just sent him an email and mentioned how awesome they were....and the Cars....
George
Old 10-21-2003, 12:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for the kind words and all you do to make R & G continue to be a fun event. You fellas are the heart and soul of our hobby, and make the event fun for all. Run & Gun is the only event that I am aware of, where the staff of the facility actually enjoys and parties with the participants when the racing is completed. Tim and Dan, both have stated they look forward each year to hosting R & G, because of the friendships they have developed over the years with members of our group. Hope to see all of you next year, because it will not be the same without each of your friendly faces and cheerful attitudes, as we all contribute to keep a good thing going into the future for all to enjoy.

Wayne Turpin
Old 10-21-2003, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way, Chuck Nickloy's cars are great. The silver car was a Kirkham Hybird car and the beautiful Burgundy car was an aluminum Shelby CSX 4000 series car. His white Premier Cobra car was also powered by a 4.6, and was very fast. Chuck is not afraid to drive them in events, and really enjoys the track time.

Dave Demangone also had a nice under the body exhaust Shelby 4000 car that he was not afraid to drive and wrench on during the event.

Rich Anderson had several new cars there including a new Daytona Coupe which was very nice. Rich is probably the nicest manufacturer around. He participates in R & G because he has fun and likes to have a good time and hang out with car guys whether they are his customers or not. You just have to admire his attitude. John Gyann is the same way, and his Lolas handle extremely well and are well suited for track use. I always look forward to see what these guys come up with each year.

Wayne Turpin
Old 10-22-2003, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Wayne, I had a great time. Thanks to you, George, and the rest of the guys for organizing and running a fantastic event.

Unfortunately, I missed three roadcourse practice sessions on thursday while I fixed my tranny. I also was having problems with my engine missing/low on power coming out of turn 7, onto the oval and down the front straight. It also occurred on the drag strip, half way down the track going into third. I thought it was my rev limiter, but I now think it was because I didn't have my electric fuel pump on, only running off of the mechanicl carter. Wait till next year. I still made it into the street quick eight, running a 12.06.

I had to leave on saturday because my wife's best friend was having a baptism sunday morning. I'll let you ride/drive my car next year.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 10-22-2003, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave- I am glad you had a good time, and wondered what happened to you. Look forward to driving your CSX car. Stay in touch.

Wayne
Old 11-24-2003, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hey me too

I'm in the line

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
Home of "Weekend at bernie's #2 " 13th and 14th of March 2004
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-24-2003, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra. 427 Side Oiler. Dual Quads.
Not Ranked     

Hello,

I am a newbie. Is there a website that posts the results from the 2003 Run and Gun?

Thanks

Scott

Unique 427